нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie Talkback Thread
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie Talkback Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject: Movie Talkback Thread
I decided to do this since Movie/T.v News wasn't the right place to do this.

There is a rating system, though,

It's like this:

Perfict: Mr. Green

Good: Very Happy

Okay: Smile

Wanted it to be good: Crying or Very sad

Bad: Mad

Wanted it to burn in hell: Evil or Very Mad

Okay, Get it?

Good. Now discuss.
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostSun Jun 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Hulk: Very Happy

*** SPOILERS BELOW!!! ***

I enjoyed this.
Ang Lee takes this beyond the stereotypical "HULK SMASH!" treatment, and recaptures the style of the sci-fi thriller that Jack Kirby and Stan Lee brought to life 40 years ago. More than the original conception as the victim of a freak accident, Bruce Banner has to come to grips with his newly-found relationship with his "creator", a "Victor Von Frankenstein/Gendo Ikari"-style mad scientist, played with just enough over-the-top flair by Nick Nolte.
The cinematography is excellent, with scenery ranging from the redwood forests of northern California, to the Mojave Desert at Barstow, to what's supposed to be a Central American jungle. The comic book-style jump cuts take some getting used to, but I managed after a little while. I thought they were a nice touch.
The CGI was put together well, and while the "monster"'s movement could be bothersome to those who demand realism, I merely chalked it up to the Hulk being the expression of a "grotesque human charicature" and moved on.
The sound was nicely put together and showed some distinct directionality in the theater I was sitting in, although Danny Elfman's musical score was too damn loud at times.

Other notes:

- "Spot Stan Lee" (with special guest!) was pretty easy this time around. I think I was the only one in the audience that picked up on it, or at least the only one to actually bust out chuckling (loudly) when he showed up.

- The dog fight was brilliantly choreographed.

- Jennifer Connally...*sigh*
PostSun Jun 29, 2003 1:44 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
"To stick or not to stick? That is the question." -William Shakespeare

What do you mods think?
PostSun Jun 29, 2003 2:34 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
T3- Rise of the Machines. Evil or Very Mad

It's been ten years since the last Terminator, which was arguably, not only one of the best action movies of the 90's, but best sequels, period. Now, ten years later, a James Cameronless T3 appears, and does little but recycle T2, with moronic plot twists (we can supposedly never prevent Judgement Day, which means the sequels will keep coming) and a movie that comes off as little more than an Ah-nold for Governer ad.

In fact, I hated this movie so much, I'm here to present the comic that was designed to be Terminator 3. It's full, free, and better than Rise of the Machines.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Last edited by Beatdiggga on Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 12:59 pm
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
Beatdiggga wrote:
with moronic plot twists (we can supposedly never prevent Judgement Day, which means the sequels will keep coming)

wish you woulda said something about spoilers... Evil or Very Mad
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 2:34 pm
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Well, if you look on every movie site on the Internet, it really says the same thing.

Oh, beat. It's Evil or Very Mad , not Twisted Evil .

PostWed Jul 02, 2003 3:04 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
The Hulk: Very Happy

*** SPOILERS BELOW!!! ***

I enjoyed this.
Ang Lee takes this beyond the stereotypical "HULK SMASH!" treatment, and recaptures the style of the sci-fi thriller that Jack Kirby and Stan Lee brought to life 40 years ago. More than the original conception as the victim of a freak accident, Bruce Banner has to come to grips with his newly-found relationship with his "creator", a "Victor Von Frankenstein/Gendo Ikari"-style mad scientist, played with just enough over-the-top flair by Nick Nolte.
The cinematography is excellent, with scenery ranging from the redwood forests of northern California, to the Mojave Desert at Barstow, to what's supposed to be a Central American jungle. The comic book-style jump cuts take some getting used to, but I managed after a little while. I thought they were a nice touch.
The CGI was put together well, and while the "monster"'s movement could be bothersome to those who demand realism, I merely chalked it up to the Hulk being the expression of a "grotesque human charicature" and moved on.
The sound was nicely put together and showed some distinct directionality in the theater I was sitting in, although Danny Elfman's musical score was too damn loud at times.

Other notes:

- "Spot Stan Lee" (with special guest!) was pretty easy this time around. I think I was the only one in the audience that picked up on it, or at least the only one to actually bust out chuckling (loudly) when he showed up.

- The dog fight was brilliantly choreographed.

- Jennifer Connally...*sigh*

Wow, you had exactly the same things to say abotu the movie I did. I finally figured out why the hulk moves a bit weird. His motion capture was done by a little asain man. Ang Lee himself did the hulks motion capture, I thought that was really very interesting.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 5:17 pm
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
Green-Bird wrote:
Well, if you look on every movie site on the Internet, it really says the same thing.

this is why I avoid movie reviews on the internet

this MB (as most have, I would think) generally adheres to making spoiler warnings for movies/anime/whatever that hasn't been seen by most people yet

not that I haven't let stuff slip before...but I'm just sayin'
PostThu Jul 03, 2003 2:50 am
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Yeah, I know, My newspaper said that.

My review of The Matrix Reloaded: Mr. Green

It was on Imax. Holy f***ing s***, man, this was AWESOME! I'm still in shock! It was incredible!

Does anyone want to make this a sticky?

PostThu Jul 03, 2003 1:37 pm
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
Green-Bird wrote:
Does anyone want to make this a sticky?

up to the mods...but I say not enough ppl are using it yet...if it dies, then what was the use of making it sticky?

good idea for a thread, though...hope ppl use it

and hope I stop writing "ppl"
PostThu Jul 03, 2003 2:38 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
Wow, you had exactly the same things to say abotu the movie I did. I finally figured out why the hulk moves a bit weird. His motion capture was done by a little asain man. Ang Lee himself did the hulks motion capture, I thought that was really very interesting.

I saw part of the Sci-Fi special. Lee was very hands-on in his approach, with not only the motion-capture, but also filming his face for the modelers to use for the Hulk's different emotions that Lee wanted displayed in the close-ups.
"If you want something done right, you better do it yourself", I guess.
If I was more eloquent and thoughtful, Wink I'd have commented on the whole theme of the nature of parent/offspring relationships running throughout the film.

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostFri Jul 04, 2003 2:25 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
T3 Smile

*************Spoilers****************

After seeing nothing on its plot. Or anything about it I went to see it last night. I was looking for a movie to make me forget about life. And for the first 40 minutes I sat at the screen thinking

"THIS FUC&^NG ROCKS!"

When Arnuld puts on the star sunglasses. Or even how he gets the clothes from a bachlorette party. I thought it was a good start. But the new TX just didnt have the android look of Patrick whats his name from T2. In T2 you knew that he was evil, an android and the bad guy. In here you know shes evil, an android, and the bad guy. But it just missed something.

I was wondering why Edward Furlong didnt do T3? I can understand Cameran would have wanted to much money, but Furlong? The new guy played the part pretty well. But , like TX, I just didnt believe he was the leader of the new resistance.

Downpoints to the plot.
Killing Sarah off with Lukemia?!
the non-ending
T1000 getting reprogrammed then reprogramming himself

Upsides to the movie
Lots and lots of mindless destruction. The opening sequence with the construction vehicle is worth the price of admission. The ending (although it does explain how he became the leader) makes you to get a ticket. Sarahs coffin was a nice touch to. Coming right after the line "Mom always told me to live each day as a gift".

The Oedipus complex
"Wow"
"what?"
"You reminded me of my mom right there"

Yep thats the way to win the woman you will marry and foreshadowing the next sequel (eta 2012) "Your children will be very important"
PostSat Jul 05, 2003 1:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Downpoints to the plot.
Killing Sarah off with Lukemia?!

Agreed. I mean, come on!

Also, you forgot another downpoint: The T-X had too little dialogue. She didn't say much. At the beginning of the movie, she said quite a few things, but later on, it was like her mouth malfunctioned or something.
PostSun Jul 06, 2003 6:12 pm
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
Yeah I thought that was odd too.

But I did like the bit with Dr. Silberman, the psychatrist from the last two films.

Although I thought there was a big lack of firepower getting thrown around in this film.

Oddly enough, I saw a promo for "Freddy vs. Jason" while I waited for the film. Makes me wonder if anyone will ever do a "Robocop vs. Terminator" film.
PostSun Jul 06, 2003 8:59 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well the first 40 minutes and ********SPOILER****** the scene from the crypt took care of some of it.

And of course the ending had tons no maybe even megatons of explosive. Though, again, this was judgement day. The first two movies have amazing sequences showing this. In T3 we get crisscrossing missiles?

I also agree she didnt talk enough. She had one of the better lines with

"I like your..."

And then its never used again. And if she naked at the beginning. She had long hair to cover up her breasts that she didnt have anywhere else. PLus her enhancement for the cop was pretty good to. But after the first third of the movie she seemed like a throw away item.

Okay so does anyone know why Furlong didnt do the movie?
PostMon Jul 07, 2003 6:45 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: