ะฝะตั‚

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Spookmonkey wrote:
DreamWorks, Fox, Universal and Revolution have begun a bidding war for two new comedy projects from Keenan Ivory, Shawn, and Marlon Wayans. The first is a project that will see Shawn and Marlon dressing in drag for some unknown reason. The second project will be similar to their SCARY MOVIE films, except that it will spoof sci fi films like SIGNS and INDPENDENCE DAY. A third installment in the SCARY series has also been launched: LORD OF THE BROOMS.

Not exactly. Sure, there WILL be a third Scary Movie flick, but the Wayans brothers will NOT be in it this time around. Who will be directing it instead?

...David Zucker.

Oh, yeah, and the studio company making this one is still Dimension Films. No rivalry. Sorry.

How is that not a rivalry?

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Nov 26, 2002 12:42 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
How is that not a rivalry?

Dimension Films already did the first two Scary Movies. That means that Fox, Universal, etc. won't be competing over it, like you said earlier, since there's already a determined company.

...Wait, is that what you meant? I hope I didn't misunderstand you.
PostTue Nov 26, 2002 1:28 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think you did.
PostTue Nov 26, 2002 3:10 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
they are competing over the NEW wayans properties, they dropped the scary movie franchise, the studio decided to make another one without them though.

PostTue Nov 26, 2002 5:29 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actor Wil Wheaton (Star Trek: The Next Generation) revealed that he is currently doing voice work for the "Aqualad" character on the upcoming Teen Titans series. Wheaton posted the following on his website:

"So here's something unexpected: I did a voice today on this new show called Teen Titans. The call came on Friday, and here's the cool thing: the director, a wonderful woman named Andrea Romano – who has won seven Emmys – called my agent and requested me, based on my work with her last year on The Zeta Project.

"I did the voice of 'Aqualad,' and I was told when I left today that they were so happy, I would probably be asked back to do the role again in the next thirteen episodes."

For his complete comments on the experience, go here. Teen Titans is slated to premiere fall 2003 on Cartoon Network, and be followed by an early 2004 premiere on Kids' WB.

PostTue Nov 26, 2002 1:39 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Rumors of villains for SPIDER-MAN 3 are already being tossed about. It seems a little too far in advance to be casting for future roles:

While preproduction for Spidey 2 has already begun, story ideas for Spidey 3 are being tossed around. One idea being tossed around is to feature Venom and Carnage as the main villains. Marvel has petitioned Sam Raimi to have these characters as the main villains instead of secondary characters in an effort to avoid the horrible mistake made by Warner Bros. in the megaflop, Batman & Robin, when Bane was made into a retarded henchman.

Casting suggestions have also been thrown out inlcuding Vin Diesel, and The Rock for Eddie Brock and Sam Rockwell and Christian Bale for Cletus Kassady.

PostTue Nov 26, 2002 1:44 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nintendo is banking on bringing America's favorite plumber back to the silver screen in a live action/CGI film. This film will be more faithful to the game storyline and will have less darker elements than the 1993 flop from Hollywood Pictures. Nintendo execs hope to get Marilyn Manson to either have a cameo or play one of the Koopa coousins.

PostTue Nov 26, 2002 1:44 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
IGNFilmForce has learned from sources close to King Conan: Crown of Iron that writer/director John Milius, star Arnold Schwarzenegger, producers Larry and Andy Wachowski, and Warner Brothers are no longer involved with the development or production of any eventual Conan movie. The reason for this shocking turn of events is because Conan Properties, Inc., the company that owns the Conan character, has decided not to allow either Warners or the Wachowski brothers to renew their option on the material. This option was apparently on the verge of expiration.

According to sources, Conan Properties, Inc. was frustrated with the slow development process that Conan 3 (a.k.a. King Conan) was enduring at Warners, as well as with the Wachowskis' ongoing work on The Matrix sequels. (Apparently, production on Conan 3 wouldn't have commenced until the Wachowskis were finished with The Matrix series.)

Sources advised IGNFilmForce of some changes that fans can expect from this new Conan movie. With Milius and Schwarzenegger no longer involved, Conan Properties allegedly wants to set up Conan at another studio – no word yet on where – with the hopes of producing "a kinder, gentler Conan," in the words of one source. Conan Properties wants to cast a younger thesp as the title character and to produce a more "friendly" Conan film on a less epic (i.e., cheaper) scale using The Scorpion King as its template. (Spider-Man was another example of the kind of audience-friendly film that Conan Properties, Inc. wants to emulate.) Conan Properties, hoping to strike while the iron is hot, want to produce a cheapie Conan flick that will enjoy a boffo opening weekend.
Thus, everything fans thought they knew about the new Conan film should now be forgotten, including its participants, plot and even its title. Obviously, if Conan's owners want a younger thesp in the title role then the story Milius penned – about an older King Conan reuniting with his estranged son Kon – no longer makes any sense.

PostTue Nov 26, 2002 1:46 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Below is an overview for the series, heroes, villains, vehicles and locations for the new TMNT series.

SERIES OVERVIEW
Quote:
There will be a minimum of 26 episodes of the new TMNT cartoon (and if the series is a hit, there will be tons more - so make sure you get all of your friends and family to watch the show! Smile

Something new to the storytelling mix will be serialization; as the cartoon progresses, the characters will evolve, as will their relationships and perils. Some plots will lead from one show to the next, perhaps with an occasional cliffhanger ending, while several intriguing subplots will run throughout the course of the season with exciting "reveals" every so often. There will definitely be some self-contained episodes, but the show will be much more rewarding if ya watch every week, as the subtle nuances in character develpment and plot will be enriched by consistent viewing. The idea behind this approach is to tell lots of different cool stories, but to also have an overall goal that takes the characters from one place and leaves them at another - just like a movie, or real life. Smile

The new Turtles will not remain stereotypical archetypes, they'll learn and grow from their experiences, as will their friends and foes. We think this will make for a much more interesting, entertaining and engrossing cartoon. We think you'll agree!

Humor will remain an important aspect of the show, but action and adventure are equally important. Expect to see the Turtles kicking serious shell in a way that only they can!

HEROES
Quote:
The main cast will be the four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo (yes - we'll be using the correct spelling of the name from now on in everything we do). The TMNT will be 15 years old in the new cartoon, and the only mutant turtles you'll be seeing are the four originals, so fear not all of you who hated Venus de Milo - she's definitely history (with apologies to those of you who loved her).

Leonardo will remain the leader of the team. His serious nature and work ethic will be familiar to everyone. Leo is dedicated, disciplined and selfless, always ready to remind his brothers of Master Splinter's teachings and the importance of teamwork.

Donatello will still be inventing various high-tech devices and creating marvelous machines. Don will be the quiet, withdrawn one, spending much of his time silently planning his next project rather than interacting with the group.

Raphael will remain the impetuous, hot-headed rebel that we all seem to relate to on some level. Conflicts will arise between Raph and Leo (o' course), but fortunately Mikey will be there to keep the peace. Raph will be the toughest fighter among the Turtles, but his temper and unwilligness to compromise will get everyone into hot water.

Michelangelo will still be the "party dude," but things will be ramped down - don't expect endless pizza jokes or surfer speak - but do expect Mikey to remain the "class clown," making plenty of jokes and using today's pop culture for points of comical reference. Michelangelo will definitely be full of one liners and outrageous slang, but he's also the most athletic Turtle, so his abilites on the battlefield will be as important as his knack for comedy.

Master Splinter will remain the enigmatic Sensei, striving to teach his pupils the way of Ninjitsu as well as how to become a better person... er... Turtle. Splinter will also be teaching the viewers important aspects of the TMNT's history, as he will narrate part of the stories himself.

April O'Neil begins the series as the classic "damsel in distress," but in short order she learns how to take care of herself, and in turn, the Turtles as well. April will not begin the show as a reporter, but as a lab assistant to the mad scientist, Baxter Stockman (just like she was in the original comic books). April becomes the TMNT's main contact to the outside world, a surrogate "big sister." Her friendship and assistance is something that the Turtles and Master Splinter value tremendously. April won't just be the mutant terrapins' friend, she'll be an important member of the Turtle Team. O'Neil will form a close bond with Donatello, as both are keenly interested in the sciences.

Casey Jones is the mad vigilante - nearly out of control when the Turtles meet him. Casey, much like Raph but even worse, has a temper that he just can't control, and he takes out his anger on the local hoods in the hood. Unfortunately, Jones is as nutty as peanut butter, and he dishes out the same punishment to a purse-snatcher that he would a murderer! Fortunately Casey meets the Turtles, and with their help, he learns how to keep it together. Initially Jones and O'Neil are like oil and water, but as Casey mellows, he and April become friends... and in time, perhaps something more.

VILLAINS
Quote:
The Shredder Yes, Saki returns as the Turtles' arch nemesis... but this time he isn't accompanied by Krang or the blundering Bebop and Rocksteady. Shredder is evil through and through in the new series, and he isn't so foolish that he partners himself with inept aliens and mutants. Saki is a refined and successful "businessman," but as the Shredder, he is one of the most feared criminals in the world. He has an old and personal vendetta against the Turtles and their allies, and he will not rest until he accomplishes his goals of wiping them all out.

The Foot is a well-oiled organized crime ring, led by the Shredder. There are many different divsions of the long-lived and much feared order, from suit wearing corporate criminals to the costumed and deadly Ninjitsu warriors. There are also secret and deadly Foot, their knowledge of the martial and arcane arts making them far more deadly than you've ever seen in the past. The Foot are no longer mindless robot drones, but cunning and nefarious foes.

Baxter Stockman isn't the blundering fly-boy you remember from the original series. Baxter runs the successful technology company Stocktonics, and he invents the Mousers, amazing robot rat hunters. Stockman appears to be the answer to the City's rodent problem, but it turns out that the biggest rat of all is Stockman himself. Baxter is a brilliant, but quite mad, scientist who has his fingers on the pulse of all that ails New York City.

Hun is the commander of Shredder's Elite Ninja, the best of the Foot Ninja forces. Hun is a mountain of muscle with deadly Ninjitsu skills, and he's almost as feared as Shredder himself. The monumental man was taken in by Shredder when he was a child member of the Purple Dragon gang. After years of personal instruction from Saki, Hun is as formidable foe as the Turtles may face... save for Saki himself. Hun views Shredder as his father, and he would do anything that the villain requests.

The Purple Dragons are the toughest street gang in the Big Apple... but smart they ain't. They are a fierce, nasty bunch of not-too-clever, anti-social hoods. The one factor that keeps the Purple Dragons on top is that they're connected. Thanks to Hun's early involvement in their gang and his association with the Shredder, the Purple Dragons thrive as the Foot's lower level manpower, handling tasks like shakedowns, protection rackets and other small-scale criminal operations.

LOCATIONS
Quote:
New York City The TMNT will continue to call the Big Apple their home, as it's simply the best city in the world for the Turtles to live. New York offers ample room for the TMNT to train and play - whether it's within the bowels of the sewers, the heights of the rooftops or the darkened alleys of ground level, the Turtles have ample areas to explore and utilize. The Turtles love New York City and all that it offers.

The Turtles' Sewer Lair The Turtles will have a new, bigger and better abode. Decked out with curious accouterments and numerous rooms, the Turtles will feel right at home in their latest sewer digs.

The Warehouse Directly above the Sewer Lair sits an old abandoned warehouse. The Turtles quickly utilize the space to store their various vehicles.

April's Antique Shop April inherited the building from her father when he passed away several years ago, and she lives in the comfy upstairs apartment. The antique shop had been closed since her father's death, but when April loses her job with Baxter Stockman, she reopens the curio shop. There are a few other apartments in the building, and we'll be meeting some of its residents as the series progresses.

Casey's Grandma's House Casey inherited this dilapidated old farm house, and while it's in serious disrepair, it will offer a safe haven to our heroes when they need it. Located two hours from New York City, the home can also be a place for the Turtles to "get away from it all" should the need ever arise.

Shredder's Penthouse/Foot Headquarters The Shredder's abode will be no secret - it's a skyscraper topped by a Shinto Temple! The Temple portion is majestic in its beauty while the building houses all of the various factions of the Foot's criminal organization.

TCRI Labs a mysterious building filled with a bizarre labyrinth of technological wonders... yes... the Utroms will be appearing in the new cartoon!

VEHICLES
Quote:
Thanks to Don's abilities, the Turtles won't have any shortage of cool wheels to burn!

The BattleShell (initially called the Battlewagon) An armored car that the lads get in the first episode, Don takes it to his chop-shop in the Warehouse and decks it out with all the latest armor and weapons. The BattleShell is is the modern equivalent of the TMNT Van.

The Railracer Don takes an old railroad car and modifies it to be the fastest subway vehicle to careen beneath the streets of NYC. Donatello didn't skimp on the computer controls, so the guys can tap into the city's mass transit system, allowing them to monitor traffic and remotely control the track switches to make a quick getaway or arrive on the scene in the nick of time.

The SewerSled Designed to ride the walls of the sewer tunnels, the SewerSled consists of a pilot area in front and a cargo area in the rear (though if necessary, the cargo area has room for a passenger or two). When this shock-mounted sewer express gets going, pin-wheeling through the twisting tunnels, it's like riding an underground roller coaster!

The ShellCycle Built from parts of numerous other bikes, nothing else looks or rides like this monster motorcycle! This cool bike is the guys' favorite vehicle, and they often fight over who gets to ride it! Eventually Don may have to whip out three more - but no two can possibly be alike, so the arguing might continue indefinitely.

PostTue Nov 26, 2002 1:51 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
they are competing over the NEW wayans properties, they dropped the scary movie franchise, the studio decided to make another one without them though.

Oooooooooooh...
PostTue Nov 26, 2002 8:30 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
Nintendo is banking on bringing America's favorite plumber back to the silver screen in a live action/CGI film. This film will be more faithful to the game storyline and will have less darker elements than the 1993 flop from Hollywood Pictures. Nintendo execs hope to get Marilyn Manson to either have a cameo or play one of the Koopa coousins.

Thank god! I was praying for a remake. I sure hope they get it RIGHT this time. The first movie was a joke. The storyline was ruined. (Dinosaurs? Asteroids? Another dimension? What the hell?) The Princess' name is Peach Toadstool, not Daisy. The plumbers were born in Italy, not Boston... Everything about the movie was perverted and wrong. The only thing they got right was the Bob-omb, and that was it.

As for Marilyn Manson, though... Well, I'm gonna feed myself to blood-thirsty sharks if MM gets casted.
PostTue Nov 26, 2002 8:42 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Damn,looks likes this ain't going to be the load of preprocessed '80 crap I thought it would be.
PostTue Nov 26, 2002 8:44 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
Damn,looks likes this ain't going to be the load of preprocessed '80 crap I thought it would be.

you talking turtles? nope, the new series is based on the comic books not the series we all remember.

PostTue Nov 26, 2002 8:46 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:

Conan Properties allegedly wants to set up Conan at another studio – no word yet on where – with the hopes of producing "a kinder, gentler Conan," in the words of one source.

Derr-HEY?? That just sounds wrong!
PostTue Nov 26, 2002 9:56 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
more wrong than the pope.

PostTue Nov 26, 2002 10:00 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 3 of 32

Jump to: