нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Cyborg 009
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Cyborg 009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonicboom1

Post subject:
Cyborg 009 has definite potential, I hope that another season is made for the show. Did anyone see yesterday's? I thought it was great!

- 'Till the sun rises on a world without Toonami, we remain the first and still the best. ONLY Toonami.

"..Then you break my video game,
Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostWed Jul 09, 2003 12:26 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well the more i watch it the more i like it. The stories have gotten a lot more adult as the series as aged. Learning the backgrounds of the characters helps you feel more for them. The africa episode felt both forced (written by white guys) and way dubbed (when they all stick their one arm up and you hear "Horray" or something like that. It obviously wasnt the intention of the scene).

Im still working out their real ages. Since 003 now has been dated to the mid to late 30's. I believe 004 is the German (the one with grey eyes the walking armory) from the beginning of the cold war. 008 has now been explained to be late 90's. 009 is modern obviously.

Each one, except 009, have come at a time leading up to a major local or world war. I dont think this is a spoiler. Just what I am noticing.

The animation has calmed down except for a couple of the hold out characters whos histories havent shown up yet. But overall its the new more story oriented episodes that I think I am starting to like overall.

And since it has come up in this thread. Even though I have trouble getting past Matsuka(sp?)'s animation. Kikiaider has even gotten a little more interesting to watch.

It really makes DBZ seem like less of a show. But we had to get started on this stuff somewhere.
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 7:42 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AnimePrime

Post subject:
Good Grief! Did anyone see the episode from the seventeenth? They actauly said "Damn" when 008 and his friend are trying to escape from the military prison. This is the first time in Toonami history that I can remember them using such harsh language.

(Goes to fallout shelter to avoid the angry soccer mom hoards.)
PostSat Jul 19, 2003 3:12 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Um....no, no it's not.

They've been using DAMN for about two years now. People don't really care anymore. Actually I belive I've heard Damnit on a number of dbz eps. Though i might be halucinating. 0.o
PostSat Jul 19, 2003 8:24 pm
Redlance

Post subject:
nightfall wrote:

This show feels alot like the cartoons from the 60s and 70s (I guess that's intentional?), but it tries too hard to be both comedy and drama. You have a blood smeared corpse in the same episode as a guy who morphs like playdough by pushing his bellybutton. It's jarring.

That's because it IS a remake of a show from 60's .It was also remade in the 80's then remade in 2001.That explains the character design and plot there a few decades old.
PostSun Jul 20, 2003 12:59 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
When 007 plays clown, it's occasionally cringeworthy. When 006 is comic relief, it's midly irritating. Put them together and you have the island episode, a good example of everything wrong with the series.

Then again, the solo episodes show you everything write. So far 009 has had plenty of good moments. 003's were nice. 007's were great. But 004 has GOT to be the best character so far. Everyone lost their life b/c of Black Ghost, but 004 carries a constant reminder (that wedding ring around his neck) of what they took. And man did they take from him.

"It's okay, I don't have many organic parts," 004 on why nerve gas didn't really shake him up.

Being a living arsenal means you aren't just a living human with powers. I seriously doubt there's any tissue of 004 or 007 left besides their brains.

That being said, if an evil organization took my humanity and everything I cared about... I'd certainly dump the tacky red and yellow outfit they stuck me with.
PostSun Jul 20, 2003 5:29 am
m_mattimeo

Post subject:
I dunno about it being soooo bad. A lot of parts made me cringe, but then some parts *read: action in yesterday's ep* made me think that it was awesome. Kind of a love/hate show. Oh well, since I can't get my VCR to work, I'm never gonna get to watch Adult Swim. Sigh... Kikaider will have to wait I guess. I NEED TIVO!
PostWed Jul 23, 2003 5:24 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I love my TIVO and dont know what I would do without it anymore. Being on satellite meant no TIVO until they made a DirecTV/TIVO box. Its a 40GB one. I could hack it and drop a 120 in there. But since its also the DirecTV side. I think I will leave it alone.

I also have a love/hate with it. But lately more love then hate. The "Final Battle" didnt feel final. The doctor showed signs of above normal human strength. And 001 was looking a little more powerful then ever let on before.
PostWed Jul 23, 2003 10:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
m_mattimeo

Post subject:
True, true. But it was still cool to see the action (although they were REALLY short sequences. The battle with Black Ghost was what, 1 minute max?) Are they back to filler eps now that it's over? Because that would suck if it went like the "after Majin-Buu saga" filler eps from DBZ. No offense but those were kind of a waste of time.
PostThu Jul 24, 2003 9:32 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Last nights was an episode where it showed how everyones lives crossed while they were under attack. So yes its a filler episode. One that was devoted to showing how 006 (He of firebreath) may have been tough on the crew on the dolphin. But he was doing it for their own good.

We saw a little of 00? (the one voiced by Jett from Bebop)'s possible background. But really it was here to segway us to something.

Yes the battle with Black Ghost was to short. And should have included everyone. So its not really a final battle. In that case someone will need to die.
PostThu Jul 24, 2003 10:58 am
UNTrustyboi

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Im still working out their real ages. Since 003 now has been dated to the mid to late 30's. I believe 004 is the German (the one with grey eyes the walking armory) from the beginning of the cold war. 008 has now been explained to be late 90's. 009 is modern obviously.

Each one, except 009, have come at a time leading up to a major local or world war. I dont think this is a spoiler. Just what I am noticing.

Don't quote me on this, but now that they are cyborgs, I don't think they age and they stick with the ages from when they were abducted. This I do know, is that 001-004, are from an earlier generation but they are younger than the other 5.

001 (Ivan Whisky) is obviously an infant, 003 (Francoise Arnoul) & 009 (Joe Shimamura) are in their latter teens (17-19), 002 (Jet Link) & 008 (Pyunma) are in their 20's, 004 (Albert Heinrich), 005 (Geronimo Junior) & 007 (Great Britain) are in their 30's and 006 (Chang Chang-ku) is in his 40's.

Also for those wondering about 2nd seasons? We're actually watching the 3rd series of Cyborg but only the first 26 from which CN bought. Hope this works for everyone =)
PostSat Jul 26, 2003 6:21 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Okay trusty,

What cuts and edits have been made for toonami's version of the show? It feels very cut and edited.
PostTue Jul 29, 2003 11:34 am
UNTrustyboi

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Okay trusty,

What cuts and edits have been made for toonami's version of the show? It feels very cut and edited.

Fodder bud,

Me, you, and every other toonami viewer are watching the only version that is even released in the US. I'd guess that the subs version may be released by the end of the year. Until then, to answer your question, I don't know =)
PostTue Jul 29, 2003 1:23 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I guessed that since you knew so much about the series that you might have seen other seasons of the series.
PostTue Jul 29, 2003 6:00 pm
UNTrustyboi

Post subject:
Cyborg 009 History Info:

Cyborg 009 Manga debuted in 1964
Cyborg 009 (Movie) debuted in 1966.
Series 1 of Cyborg 009 debuted in 1968 with 26 b&w episodes.
Series 2 of Cyborg 009 debuted in 1979 with 50 episodes.
Cyborg 009: Legend of Super Galaxy (Movie) debuted in 1981.
Series 3 of Cyborg 009 debuted in 2003 (US) / 2001 (Jap) with the first 26 episodes that CN bought. There are 49 in the entire series.
There are also 2 more movies that I couldn't find information on.
PostTue Jul 29, 2003 8:32 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: