нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - The End of Toonami Infolink is Near
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
The End of Toonami Infolink is Near
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goku262002

Post subject:
I think a better course of action would just keep the forum active but close it off from all posting and joining but still keep logging in an option. your option would only select a best of the forum when the entirety of the forum is what the goal should be.
PostSat Jul 25, 2015 11:28 am
CNF1

Post subject:
goku262002 wrote:
I think a better course of action would just keep the forum active but close it off from all posting and joining but still keep logging in an option. your option would only select a best of the forum when the entirety of the forum is what the goal should be.

I'm not sure what you mean by that - you can archive as much as you want using this method (if we had a big enough team, we could archive the entire forum that way). While I definitely agree that closing off posting would be a better idea, from the looks of it that doesn't seem to be what the staff wish to do, at least in the forum's current state.
PostSat Jul 25, 2015 9:47 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Wget was actually what I was going to suggest but sounds like that may not work out. Theres always archiving the actual root directories, but i'm not sure how large the database is for this site. There could also be an issue of security with having a 1:1 rip of the site. Maybe set the folder aside until an effective copy or archive could be made?
PostSat Jul 25, 2015 10:40 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I would be willing to try converting the forums from phpBB to SMF.
But it won't happen any time soon, as I have enough on my To-Do list at the moment.
Just make a backup/export/dump of the forum database for me before you pull the plug.
PostSat Jul 25, 2015 10:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Beefy, you just so damn sexy.
PostSat Jul 25, 2015 11:28 pm
goku262002

Post subject:
Yeah we are gonna have a final full backup of the forums tucked away somewhere just in case we can't find a solution currently right?

I hope we do but if it can't at least it'll be peace of mind to know that theeirs a full copy somewhere that can be worked on and brought back as an historical archive.

Btw, where is everyone gonna go now? I want to follow where ever the infolink crew is gonna hang out.
PostSun Jul 26, 2015 9:48 am
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Cant really speak for anyone else but I dont really have a forum I hang out on now. I periodically help on the android support thread for /r/fatestaynight but thats kinda it. Interested where everyone else has gone as well.
PostSun Jul 26, 2015 10:23 am
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
How time flies.

I'm going to miss this place, even if I have moved on like the rest of us. I made a topic on the Toonami subreddit to try and bring some attention to the matter. My suggestion would be to create a TI group on Steam. I mean, we all use it, so why not get the chance to bust out the old [PDF] clan tag once in a while.

As for how I am personally? Well it could be better, it could be worse. That's not important to the topic at hand. Just because the site is going down doesn't mean we can't talk to each other ever again.
PostSun Aug 02, 2015 7:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Like the closing of a favored niche corner store, this was inevitable, but still hurts. While forums existed before The Infolink around these parts, I often felt like a freeloader on TDA, sucking up bandwidth and giving back nothing in return. The Infolink had more of a "crowdsourcing" feel years before that term existed, and building up some of its content was my opportunity to contribute something. The wordiness of my submissions in the "Reviews" area makes me cringe a bit nowadays, but I point to this era as a major stepping stone in honing my writing abilities. Digging around the site code revived my interest in networking and servers, providing a direct link to my current role as a server administrator in the education sector. Heck, I consider my first ever job promotion to be from TylerL of all people!

All that aside, even if the general community was already established during the TDA forums of yore and merely transplanted to The Infolink upon its creation, it all comes down to hanging out with the best group of people in my travels along these "series of tubes." Echoing Zechs, this area was a product of its time given the limitations in technology and how we consumed our cartoons back then, and yet somehow this primary common interest developed into all sorts of crazy stuff! We could probably fill up a wiki with all of the custom in-jokes and references that only this group would understand...

My thanks to everyone that tolerated obsessions with hair metal, JRPGs, professional wrestling, Rurouni Kenshin, and whatever else I blathered on incessantly about over the years. Special thanks to Daikun and Nobuyuki for keeping the the torch burning long after most of us split. And thanks again to TylerL for resisting the urge to brandish the Banhammer™ in my direction following yet another PM or thread about broken code!

(Addendum: While I haven't done a conversion/archiving process on this scale before, I'll gladly contribute to the forum preservation project!)
PostMon Aug 03, 2015 8:04 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
What will I wake up to?

PostWed Aug 05, 2015 10:02 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
The stuff dreams are made of. Wink
PostThu Aug 06, 2015 6:00 am
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Nope, just 6.5GB of data after 16 hours, and I have no idea if it's close to done :p
PostThu Aug 06, 2015 12:45 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Couldn't you just open the program window and take a peek? Wink
PostThu Aug 06, 2015 2:03 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
It may have been preferable to test it on one of the smaller forums ("Tyler's Blog" or "Pepito Domination Force") before firing the cannon at the whole shebang. Well, the site hasn't collapsed from stress yet, so that's good at least!

Daikun wrote:
Couldn't you just open the program window and take a peek? ;)

The timer on that tool isn't exactly reliable, or at least it wasn't in the older versions. Then again, my largest project to date was roughly 50MB, so who knows?
PostThu Aug 06, 2015 9:38 pm
goku262002

Post subject:
So what are you doing exactly Tyler? are you making a full back up before the closure?

Oh yeah that does remind me what about the smaller sub forums too?
PostThu Aug 06, 2015 11:41 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: