нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
saturday night:

kenshin confronts aoshi and attempts to reason with him, only to find a man devoid of all emotion...while kenshin was originally going to give him a rematch, he refuses to draw his sword, claiming that this person was not the aoshi he made that agreement to...aoshi begins his attack and surprisingly forces kenshin to draw his sword in defense quickly into the fight...while they start going at it, yumi is able to sneak away from sano and over to a telegraph device, relaying messages to shishio as to current events...

aoshi appears to have the upper hand, blocking a hiten mitsarougi technique and slamming kenshin into a bookshelf, demanding that the battousai show his true form...kenshin stands up and tells him he will fight as he is, but he will now use all his power to stop aoshi...aoshi goes in for the kill, lining up his kodachi's to kenshin's neck, but kenshin busts out a rather nice technique that stops aoshi cold...kenshin then speaks to the man still inside aoshi's current form, asking him if his followers really wanted him to do this...aoshi's cold persona begins to weaken while yumi continues sending messages as the credits roll...
PostMon Jul 21, 2003 9:34 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Thank you kindly, JJc.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Jul 21, 2003 10:35 am
INixxI

Post subject:
Well, I usually end up putting a synopsis on Game Talk's anime board every week, since there's always someone there asking for one. So I'll just repost it. ^_^

This was, by far, one of my favorite episodes in the entire series (Aoshi is my favorite character (and THE MAN!)). It starts out where the previous episode left off, with Kenshin sensing Aoshi's presence in the library and everyone telling him there's nothign there/lets move on. Kenshin opens the door and goes in. Witty banter between Aoshi and Kenshin ensue, and closes with Kenshin telling Aoshi that he's not the Aoshi he was before, and that he won't fight him since he made the promise to the old Aoshi. More witty banter and Kenshin concludes that he can defeat the curent Aoshi without even pulling his weapon.

Now, I'd just like to make a commentairy at this point. The first time I saw this episode many many months ago, I was quite worried. Kenshin had just conqured his inner batosi self, became the strongest he's ever been, gotten the ultimate sword, and pretty much became invincible, while on the other hand, Aoshi had been lost into a berserk madness, and you know how anime series like to portray this type of person as being recless and not much of a true fighter. Thus, I was quite worried that this fight would ammount to nothing more then the super new Kenshin showing off all his strength, and building him up for his fight against Shishio. Sad

Well anyway, back to the synopsis. Kenshin starts out by charging at Aoshi with his bare hands while Aoshi starts out after Kenshin with his double kodachi. Kenshin jumps up into the bookcase and overturns it onto Aoshi. Kenshin continues to fight this way for a while until we get a cut scene to Shishio who reveals to Sojiro (and the viewers) that this fight is going to be long and hard, and will result in a death because Aoshi in his curent form is actually as strong as the Batosi. The scene quickly cuts back to the fight, Kenshin goes for another bookcase, this time Aoshi quickly severs through the entire bokcase right to Kenshin's neck! Kenshin is forced to draw his sword just in the nic of time before he is decapitated. Kenshin's eyes go wide in amazement as he realized what has happened. Aoshi then comments that now that Kenshin has drawn his sword, he(Aoshi) can fight for real. Next, a very nice fight scene ensues, Aoshi having the upper hand for most of the fight. The episode ends with Kenshin getting a good hit in, temporarily stoping the fight for more banter.

** Why didn't I see the previous two posts when I origionally posted this? Sad **
PostTue Jul 22, 2003 5:15 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
INixxI wrote:

** Why didn't I see the previous two posts when I origionally posted this? :( **

actually, that's a really good way of explaining the great build-up to to fight that happened (i just touched on it in a quick way), though i think i just heard cp groan again over missing the episode...
PostTue Jul 22, 2003 8:46 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
SPOILERS AHOYDa du du du da du du dut du da

Kenshin and Aoshi fight. Kenshin underestimates Aoshi and tries to beat him with just the environment. Aoshi forces Kenshin to draw his sword with his double kodachi attacks. Aoshi blocks a Hiten Mitsurugi attack. Kenshin tells Sano and Aoshi the real final secret of his master was that you MUST care whether you live or die. To throw away one's regard for one's own life makes one weaker, so Kenshin says.

Meanwhile... the Oni Waban group throw shuriken at the fat guy but he's too fat to be hurt by their weapons. I smell a jobout coming up soon.
PostTue Jul 22, 2003 10:34 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
it's been a long weekend that seems to continue for me, so i'll make this quick...

saturday night:

aoshi continues to attack kenshin, but it can be easily seen that kenshin's words are beginning to take effect...aoshi comes to the realization of his wrong-doing, but refuses to leave until he gets his rematch with kenshin...they reach a standstill as both opponent's best attacks basically counter the other, and sano realizes it as "a perfect stalemate"...in the silence, sano hears the tapping of yumi's telegraph machine and tries to warn kenshin, but aoshi begins his attack and everyone gets to witness the ultimate attack of the hiten mitsarougi style...yumi alerts shishio to what she was able to see, and after a brief chat with the fallen aoshi, kenshin and sano move on...

the focus then shifts back to kyoto, as yahiko prepares to take on a seemingly frail guy (but not before the hilarious revelation that yahiko finds the scythe-"woman" sexier than karou or misao)...amazingly, this member of the juppengatena can fly and is also an expert in explosives...things are looking down as the credits roll and the wait until next week begins...
PostMon Jul 28, 2003 9:32 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
[insert lame excuse in this space]

saturday night:

after heavy focus on the first two fights over at shishio's camp, we switch gears and take a look at the battle raging on the second front, as yahiko sets up to fight the flying henya...henya continues to drop bombs, weakening yahiko as well as his own men, until yahiko finds a way to get above him...by standing on a broken door and "riding" an explosion, he launches himself above henya and takes him down with a painful sword technique borrowed from kenshin's arsenal (since yahiko has witnessed him fight so many times)...yahiko claims victory, but the pain from the bombs catches up, causing him to collapse...

next up is kamatari taking on both misao and karou...the two women believe that speed is their main advantage, but kamatari foils it, nailing misao with the chain ball attachment of his/her scythe...karou is left to retreat from a powerful-looking attack, but a flashback of aoshi and the oniwabon gets misao back up, and a nice combination of her throwing knife hammered with karou's sword breaks the scythe, eventually leading the good guys (girls?) to victory once again...the followers of shishio retreat, and all seems good until the giant and the old man members show up as we go to the credits...
PostMon Aug 04, 2003 5:34 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
can't think of a valid excuse for this week...

saturday night:

fuji's rather large presence basically kills off the good vibes in kyoto, as the battered and bruised oniwabon group, misao, karou, and yahiko are forced to take on the hulking giant...while the old guy with the giant (who's name escapes me) basically attempts to shatter their spirit, yahiko remains determined that there's a way to win...fuji lines up his blade and lets loose on yahiko, but seijiro hiko appears out of nowhere to block the blow...after some more jabs at his "idiot apprentice", he takes to fighting the big guy, talking to fuji as a person rather than a monster in which he's used to experiencing...

fuji takes off his armor and faces off against hiko, attacking with an impressive two-hand strike, but hiko gets the upper hand by latching onto his blade, getting within reach of fuji and unleashing a rather painful hiten misarougi technique, taking down the giant (as well as the building he crashes into)...with the situation in kyoto fully under control, the focus goes back to kenshin himself, as him, sano, and yumi arrive at soujiro's room for the coming rematch...

a fun episode showing off just how awesome seijiro is, along with some nice comedy (the oniwabon girls falling for hiko, sano and yumi's constant bickering, etc.)...it's rather obvious what's coming next, and the battle with soujiro should be great...
PostMon Aug 18, 2003 1:09 pm
RX-93

Post subject:
The battle against Soujiro is great. Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu and the Sakabatou vs. the Shiku-chi (i forgot how to spell it..)

It's awesome, but it doesn't beat the pwnage of the fight against Shishio.
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 9:07 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
one of these days i'll get the summary up within 24 hours of the episode airing...

until then...

saturday night:

kenshin and soujiro square off, clashing swords in the same style as their first encounter...kenshin's new blade takes the blow and even puts a small crack into soujiro's...soujiro then shows his final hidden technique, a maneuver so fast that it can't be seen by the naked eye...kenshin is able to dodge the first barely, and while he later retaliates with the "unavoidable" technique learned prior to the final one, soujiro dodges it and cuts kenshin's back, the first opponent to do that to him in a fight in this series...

the stage would seem set for soujiro's victory, but conflictions begin to arise in his head as the way of life taught by shishio (strong live, weak die) clashes with kenshin's current lifestyle (protect the weak)...he broods on this, throwing off his focus to the point where a broken shoe allows for a break in the fighting...

kenshin and sano contemplate exactly what is bugging soujiro, but we get the dreaded credits screen before we get a firm answer...
PostMon Aug 25, 2003 5:30 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Second episode in a row that I've missed. And they're FIGHT episodes. Do you KNOW how much that bugs me? No. No you don't.

Either way, Thanks JJc.

PostMon Aug 25, 2003 6:42 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
typical monday summary...

saturday night:

just about the entire episode took place as a flashback, where we see a young soujiro being raised in an abusive family...with no respect from his parents, he is forced to do all the physical labor and isn't even guaranteed food or shelter...such a rough life has caused him to forget emotion, as the beatings are less severe when he doesn't show signs of pain or anger...

one night he comes across shishio fending himself off from swordsmen and helps him heal up...shishio takes in soujiro's current situation, offering his advice on what to do ("the strong live, the weak die")...we see another typical day for soujiro, in which his "brothers" frame him for something they did, leaving him to receive the punishment...shishio leaves that night, offering his sword as a payment of thanks...

the family realizes that there are missing bandages and rice, automatically concluding that it's soujiro's fault, and the drunken father has had enough...they confront soujiro and threaten his life, knowing that the act could merely be covered up as shishio's doing...soujiro runs but is approached by one of his brothers, and with his sword, slays him out of fear...the other family sees this and attempts to fight, but soujiro slays them all...the final look at the flashback shows soujiro walking off with shishio, free from his family and his past...

we quickly return to the fight, as soujiro continues to use his speed technique with his realization of kenshin's ideals being wrong since he himself was not saved...kenshin tries to get soujiro to tell him what's wrong, focusing more on soujiro's problems than his own defense...this of course ends the episode, keeping us waiting until next week...

i'm honestly surprised at how well this turned out...even with what was cut, it was easy to relate with just how soujiro became the way he is...probably my favorite part of this episode is the end, where kenshin's childhood memories parallel with soujiro's...kenshin could've easily turned out the same way if he didn't meet seijiro hiko, and the opposite would seem true as well...a great plot-advancing episode making the wait for next week that much harder...
PostMon Sep 01, 2003 10:20 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I LOVED Saturday's episode. I rank it up there with the fight with Jinei and the final episode of Kenshin's fight with Saito. Considering that this wasn't really a fight episode, for me ot rank a plot episode amoung my favorites, that's saying something. I don't know. I just thought they fleshed Soujiro out SO well. The difference between Sejiro Hiko and Shishio is so vast and stunning . . . I love it. Kenshin and Soujiro are the same, yet opposite.

PostMon Sep 01, 2003 11:23 am
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
I gotta admit that after what I saw about Sojiro's past, I'm not sure the point got across. They took out some of the important scenes where Sojiro was well...beaten as a child..but that is a very iffy subject..but in the end the original uncut animation told such a story..it was compelling to say the least. The battle with Shishio is coming up..I wonder if they will just keep going after that or if they will stop when Shishio ends..although once you see the ending, you will think that the series should end....Man..favorite eps of mine in kyoto well near the end..Giant vs Superman cause dude, it's hiko. I picked up the Japanese manga and What is really cool is that the creator said that hiko's cloak was based on Spawn's and in the manga it is just that..the collar is as big as Spawn's. I have literally the battle at the Aoiya up to when Saito is about to face...whoops not there yet.. I'll edit it once you've seen it, but the fights against shishio were awesome..if only we had more of the revenge arc after instead of the OVA. They could have mad another tv show out of the Revenge arc..although I think if any ep actually was bad..no offense.. it was the battle at the aoiya..except for yahiko doing the ryu tsui sen.
PostThu Sep 04, 2003 12:03 pm
Kumorii

Post subject:
At least they didn't try to show the policeman chopping bit. I would definately have cracked up at how they would cut that. And I agree, there are quite a few episodes that don't get the point across because of the overzealous and horrible cuts.
PostSat Sep 06, 2003 2:31 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 22 of 29

Jump to: