нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Dead Celebrities of 2003
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Dead Celebrities of 2003
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will you miss the most?
Charles Bronson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
John Ritter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fred Rogers
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Katherine Hepburn
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Gregory Peck
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Barry White
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Bob Hope
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Johnny Cash
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Other (please name)
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think its funny that it was under "entertainment". Because it sure was.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Oct 06, 2003 1:38 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
dougisfunny wrote:
I heard he tried saying it was just a dog bite...

How? His friggin' throat was almost ripped out!!

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostTue Oct 07, 2003 12:20 am
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
*sigh* it is my sad news to report that Fred Berry, aka: "Rerun" from the show What's Happening, died in his sleep sometime between Monday night and Tuesday morning.

I, for one, am heartbroken...

PostWed Oct 22, 2003 9:41 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Barry White. The man who's music launched a thousand dates.
PostWed Oct 22, 2003 11:09 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
Stu Hart and Road Warrior Hawk, very sadden....
PostTue Oct 28, 2003 6:13 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
okay, maybe not the most famous name, but Penny Singleton, the actress who's best known as the voice of Jane Jetson, died Wednesday... I already posted something about that here...

PostTue Nov 18, 2003 3:13 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
And no mention of Art Carney? Slacker... Wink
PostTue Nov 18, 2003 3:17 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Elliott Smith commited suicide. I dont know if you guys had heard of him but he was supposedly a great singer/songwriter and is most known for scoring 6 songs on Good Will Hunting.
PostTue Nov 18, 2003 3:10 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
And no mention of Art Carney? Slacker... Wink

That was a while ago, and I don't know, I wasn't really posting much in here for a couple weeks... I was going to, but it slipped my mind... but yeah, thanks for reminding me... But I used to watch The Honeymooners all the time as a kid, and "Norton" was my favorite character. Always immitated (especially by Barney Rubble), but never to be duplicated...

November 4, 1918 - November 9, 2003
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031112/ap_on_en_tv/obit_carney_19

Zechs wrote:
Elliott Smith commited suicide. I dont know if you guys had heard of him but he was supposedly a great singer/songwriter and is most known for scoring 6 songs on Good Will Hunting.

Yeah, him too... and he was even earlier this year... He's most well known for his work on Good Will Hunting, but he also released five albums, and was working on his sixth before he died. I was actually a fan of one of his albums, Figure 8, which is an album I suggest y'all take a listen to, or at least the single Son of Sam... his music is bluesy, moody and emotional, and I still chill out to some of his licks when I need to just relax... I can compare his sound to something like the Beatles, only much less happy...

August 6, 1969 - October 21, 2003
http://www.elliottsmith.com/
http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/cd/review.asp?aid=13910&cf=4239

Last edited by JohnnyPsycho on Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
PostTue Nov 18, 2003 9:26 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
wow, being the Grim Reaper is tough! I found a bunch of other people who died recently, including:

pro-wrestler Michael Lockwood, aka: "Crash" Holly (August 25, 1971 - November 6, 2003; apparent drug overdose); former WWE European, Hardcore, Light-Heavyweight, and Tag Team Champion (with "Hardcore" Holly); Also known as "Mr. 24/7" during his time holding the Harcore title and created the 24/7, all-falls-count-anywhere rule; estimates of the number of titles he's won is somewhere between 15 and 20, considering the number of times he lost and won the Hardcore title in the same night because of the 24/7 rule, giving him the record of most titles won in the WWE.

pro-wrestler Michael Hegstrand, aka: "Hawk" (September 12, 1957 - October 19, 2003; heart complications/died in his sleep), one half of the legendary tag team "The Road Warriors", also known as the "Legion of Doom", alongside "Animal" (still alive); Wrestled under the NWA, AWA, WCW, WWE, and a couple Japanese companies as well, and former Tag Team champion in almost all of them; famous catch-phrase: "Oh, what a RUSH!"

Singer Robert Palmer (January 19, 1949 - September 26, 2003; died of heart-attack); best known for his songs 'Addicted to Love,' 'Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor),' 'Simply Irresistible,' 'I Didn't Mean To Turn You On' and 'Can We Still Be Friends'; became an 80's music video icon with his videos, which featured a group of heavily made-up models, all dressed in black; videos have been parodied by the likes of Shania Twain and Paula Abdul

announcer Robert "Rod" Roddy (September 18, 1937 - October 26, 2003; died of breast and colon cancer); announcer for The Price Is Right, where he said "Come on down!" for nearly 20 years

former first lady of pre-communist, nationalist China, Madame Chaing Kai-Shek (March 5, 1897 - October 23, 2003; died of old age); born Mayling Soong; Time magazine's Person of the Year in 1937; rallied her country against Japanese aggression in World War II; fled to Taiwan when Chinese government was overthrown by Mao Zhedong's forces, then lived in seclusion since the 1975 death of her husband, Generalissmo Chaing; died in New York, at the age of 105!!

(Shown with Elenore Roosevelt, on the White House Lawn, 1943)

Sideshow and circus performer legend Manuel Diaz Aceves, aka: "The Incredible Wolf Man" (1938-November 7, 2003); born with Hypertrichosis, an inheritable disease that causes abnormal body hair growth, most notably on the face (98% of his face was covered with hair; he even grew it on his eyelids and the tip of his nose); part of a family of circus performers, most of which also have Hypertrichosis, and dubbed himself the patriarch of the "Wolf People"; has appeared on 'Ripley's Believe or Not,' 'Guinness World Record,' 'The Sally Jesse Raphael Show,' 'The Dr. Joyce Brown Show,' 'TLC - Myths & Monsters,' 'TLC - Legends,' 'Discovery Channel - Sideshow Special' and 'Ver Para Creer'.

(pictured with his granddaughter, the one without the facial hair)

Director/filmmaker Elia Kazan (September 7 1909 - September 28, 2003); director of such films as A Streetcar Named Desire, East of Eden, Spledor in the Grass, The Last Tycoon, Gentleman's Agreement and On the Waterfront (the last two he won Oscars for); testified before the House Un-American Activities Committee, resulting in the "blacklisting" of numerous actors and directors in Hollywood, which left a stigma on his name for the rest of his life; many of the people he testified against were close friends; practiced the "Method" style of acting

other pro-wrestling icons that died earlier this year:
"Miss Elizabeth" Savage (Randy "Macho Man" Savage's former wife/manager/valet)

Stu Hart (father of Owen and Bret "Hitman" Hart, owner of Calgary Stampede Wrestling, and a renouned wrestiling trainer who taught Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Brian Pillman, Jake Roberts, Jushin Liger, Lance Storm, the Junkyard Dog and the British Bulldogs)

"Classy" Freddie Blassie (Former NWA Southern Heavyweight Champion, WWA World Heavyweight Champion, WWA Tag Team Champion and NWA America's Heavyweight Champion, 1995 inductee to the WWF Hall of Fame, and major influence on "Nature Boy" Ric Flair among others)

PostTue Nov 18, 2003 11:19 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
What is it with all these dead wrestlers?

Has steroid abuse finally caught up with them? Confused
PostWed Nov 19, 2003 12:30 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
I expected Seargent Slaughter to keel over before Crash Holly.
PostWed Nov 19, 2003 12:47 am
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
no, just most of them were really old, and the rigors of having to jump off of ring ropes everyday to earn your bread finally caught up to them...

well, except for Crash Holly... he died of a drug overdose, apparently...

PostWed Nov 19, 2003 2:45 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
It’s a sad day as classic composer Michael Kamen finally lost his battle with multiple sclerosis. In his lifetime he wrote scores for ballets and also worked on David Bowie's tour for his DIAMOND DOGS albumalong with Metallica's S&M live show/album. He will be best known by many, though, for his memorable scores on films such as DIE HARD, LETHAL WEAPON, HIGHLANDER and X-MEN. Our thoughts go out to his wife and two daughters.
PostThu Nov 20, 2003 12:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actor Jonathan Brandis, 27, best known for his role as Lucas on SEAQUEST DSV, was found dead in his Los Angeles apartment on Wednesday, November 12. The Los Angeles coroner has examined the body and established no cause of death, however suicide is the rumored and unconfirmed cause. A coroners report will be released shortly.

During his career, Brandis also starred in HART'S WAR, RIDE WITH THE DEVIL, SIDEKICKS, THE NEVERENDING STORY II, and most recently in the upcoming film, THE YEAR THAT TREMBLED.
PostFri Nov 21, 2003 2:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: