нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - "Wanna-be" Anime
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
"Wanna-be" Anime
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngelHedgie

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Is that why SEED's first half was almost an exact play-by-play of 0079? Wink
The point is that SEED was created to build a new fanbase with an epic storyline free of all the original UC overhead.

Hmm, I've seen SEED as an attempt to retell the original Gundam story in a manner that adds modern arguments and issues into the mix like genetic engineering, ethnic conflict, fundimentalism, etc. that really weren't prominent in 1979 like they are now. Newtypes are one thing, but the concept of Coordinators isn't just some far-off sci-fi thing - it's an issue that's being argued bitterly in academia and in the political sphere today.

Best line from a Cartoon Cartoon: "Sometimes love hurts, Pud'n. And I love you very much."
PostWed Apr 13, 2005 4:57 pm
Aron

Post subject:
Just recently I've discovered a show on Jetix that is a wanna-be but yet for some reason its different from other ones that I have viewed. It has a long title but its called something like Super Robot Monkey Team or something like that. The character designs and animation don't stand out nor does the story line, but when I watched it it felt more like I was watching an old anime, like something along the lines like an old Tezuka anime or something like that. It just feels more like an actual anime compared to teens tiatns or totally spies. Theres just something different about this one. However, one show won't change my mind about all the other wanna-bes out there nor the fact that teen titans and totally spies are both really a waste of time to put in the time slots!

Let us pray they don't try to put teen titans on [adult swim] by making an "un-cut" version of it by putting more blood in it and cursing, which they probably won't ever do but this is the entertainment world after all so almost anything can happen. That would be scary as hell if that were ever to happen.
PostThu Apr 14, 2005 8:39 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Aron wrote:
Let us pray they don't try to put teen titans on [adult swim] by making an "un-cut" version of it by putting more blood in it and cursing, which they probably won't ever do but this is the entertainment world after all so almost anything can happen. That would be scary as hell if that were ever to happen.

That's so absolutely ludicrous... that it just might work! Brilliant! Laughing

Make it so, Mr. Lazzo!
*sounds like someone missed a Robot Chicken skit*
PostThu Apr 14, 2005 10:14 pm
liberator

Post subject:
It's called Super Robot Monkey Hyperforce GO!

And yes, it's very cool, and it get's bonus point for having Mark Hamill as the voice of Skeleton King.
PostFri Apr 15, 2005 8:04 am
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
We could complain about this all the time, but I wonder if anyone of you actually watch some of these shows. One in my life, I tried to avoid Teen Titans. Then, I actually began to watch it and started to enjoy it. Hell, it's even better than some anime I've seen (not DBZ or Pokemon type). I remember when everyone was excited to watch the next episode of X-Men, Batman, or Spider-Man. Now, because cares.
PostFri Apr 15, 2005 8:40 pm
Aron

Post subject:
The wanna-be genre hit a new low today
I went to the mall today, and as I was walking past Hot Topic, I noticed in the front a bunch of shirts that had anime characters on them. One had Vash, another had Spike, and Kenshin had one too.
But my eyes caught something in the window.
A teen titan shirt, with one of the characters' names on it in kanji, sitting up there along with the other anime shirts.
Thats an insult to anime no matter how you look at it!
Its not anime, and it never will be!
Evil or Very Mad
PostFri Apr 15, 2005 10:13 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Um, so what. Its using the art style. Just because its an american license doesn't mean that it can't be in the anime style.

God, i'm getting tired of AMERICAN anime purist getting pissed because some shows in AMERICA try to emulate what has now become a $4.8 Billion Industry. Please, while you're removing your head from your rear, get rid of the elitist attitude.
PostFri Apr 15, 2005 10:31 pm
AngelHedgie

Post subject:
KingSpanky wrote:
Um, so what. Its using the art style. Just because its an american license doesn't mean that it can't be in the anime style.

God, i'm getting tired of AMERICAN anime purist getting pissed because some shows in AMERICA try to emulate what has now become a $4.8 Billion Industry. Please, while you're removing your head from your rear, get rid of the elitist attitude.

Or as I like to say, "Otacon: Nothing A Tanker Of Napalm Couldn't Fix."

Best line from a Cartoon Cartoon: "Sometimes love hurts, Pud'n. And I love you very much."
PostFri Apr 15, 2005 11:07 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually Teen Titans has suprised me with each new season. The first season was only passable at best and aimed at a much younger audience. But the new ones have definatly shown some maturity. Watch the two Terra season finale episodes and you will see this.

We were supposed to get a lot of dark stories about Raven this season. But so far i have only seen one new one the others dont fit her story line.

Nobu,

I miss one Robot Chicken and its the Kill Jesus and has a Teen Titans tie-in?! AACK!!! Oh well theres always reruns.

"I hear one MISTER William Shatner will be on Enterprise but NOT as KIRK!"
Priceless quote from Robot Chicken. Which shows that Anime is great and all but american animators have a niche they can fill quite nicely.

As for the shirt's. Really its not that big a deal. If you havent noticed they use Yu Yu Huffy Puffy Yumagagi Pokemon Voltran or whatever those two Japanese women call themselves for the theme song. If you dont like the shirt then maybe you should fight that to? Here's something for you. If you dont like it. Don't watch it and don't buy it. Advertisers and manufactuers usually get a hint this way.
PostSat Apr 16, 2005 9:40 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
Aron wrote:
The wanna-be genre hit a new low today
I went to the mall today, and as I was walking past Hot Topic, I noticed in the front a bunch of shirts that had anime characters on them. One had Vash, another had Spike, and Kenshin had one too.
But my eyes caught something in the window.
A teen titan shirt, with one of the characters' names on it in kanji, sitting up there along with the other anime shirts.
Thats an insult to anime no matter how you look at it!
Its not anime, and it never will be!
Evil or Very Mad

Dude, you have some issues to attend too. Just remember that interventions aren't always for giant foam cowboy hats.
PostSat Apr 16, 2005 6:23 pm
Aron

Post subject:
Why don't u all quit ur bitching and go watch ur gay teen titans then?!
And yes, t-shirt or no t-shirt, teen titans didn't belong up there!

Using anime for inspiration don't mean shit!
Don't forget, DC comics has basically molested TenTen and yet u all watch their shitty superhero show?
You guys are in college and high school and you watch a little kids show? Shocked
You all obviously have no lives except for defending teen titans from my comments and others who agree with me, complaining about American anime fans, nuking otakon and calling me an idiot for talking about this topic. I guess u guys are "wanna-be" otakus then.
By the way, the person from virginia who said that otaku is a bad word, u obviously were home schooled and therefore u r a huge freak and a huge dumbass to boot!
I'm tired of American anime fans going around and saying they want to draw manga and anime for a living. I hate to burst your alls bubble, but its never going to happen! Its sad but its true!
And for those of u whose profile name is japanese or from an anime and sat here defending wanna-bes, get rid of ur names now because u r tarnishing them and yourselves as well with your love for this wanna be anime shit!
And finally, "wanna-bes" are shit, just like their fans.
PostMon Apr 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
This thread amuses me.

So before Locky comes, did you know that anime can be called "wanna-be Disney"?
PostMon Apr 18, 2005 6:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Aron wrote:
I guess u guys are "wanna-be" otakus then.

Not a chance in hell. I am an ANIMATION fan, not an anime fan.

Quote:
And for those of u whose profile name is japanese or from an anime and sat here defending wanna-bes, get rid of ur names now because u r tarnishing them and yourselves as well with your love for this wanna be anime shit!
And finally, "wanna-bes" are shit, just like their fans.

Dude, it's just a cartoon.
Hell, they're all just cartoons.
Seriously.
PostMon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 pm
Aron

Post subject:
Yes. The big eyes that are a huge trademark of anime was inspired by American cartoons from the 1920's. Tezuka was in fact a huge Disney fan.
But he took it further than that so it really can't be called "wanna-be Disney". Hmm... so what would lion king be considered then?
Its not a wanna-be because the animation is purely American, but the story does basically copy Jungle Emperor Leo's story, but Disney denies the origin of JEL saying that theirs was the first.

That is a load.
PostMon Apr 18, 2005 7:13 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
My fortune cookie this weekend read, "Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause."
Something to think about.

Aron wrote:
so what would lion king be considered then?

"Hamlet: the Animated Musical (with lions)!" Wink

Quote:
Its not a wanna-be because the animation is purely American, but the story does basically copy Jungle Emperor Leo's story, but Disney denies the origin of JEL saying that theirs was the first.

That is a load.

Yes, yes it is.
PostMon Apr 18, 2005 7:46 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: