нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Megas XLR
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Megas XLR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Last nights ep, was the best yet. Hands down. The dialogue, the character designs, PERFECT PARODY. I haven't laughed that hard at a cartoon with a Giant robot in it since . . . ever. Really, that episodes was PERFECT.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun May 23, 2004 6:08 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
Question for you JJ, do the people in the show represent alot of people in Jersey or not?

that's a harder question to answer than you may think, because coop and gang appear to be from jersey city, which is in north jersey...north jersey and south jersey might as well be two different states since the north is full of industrial areas, cities, and the infamous turnpike (along with every professional sports team) while the south is known for atlantic city, the shore, and a vaccum of nothingness (along with all the minor league sports teams one would ever need...)

that said, most of my relatives reside in north jersey, so i do have some familiarity with it, and i'd say most of what i've seen is about right...i'm thinking that the show's creators had to have done some research into the area, because the "almost new york" accent used by some of the minor characters very much reflects how a northern speaks, and some of the minor stuff (like the hoboken mention) has been very accurate...

unfortunately for me, atlantic city is the only place in the south with large city-like buildings, so i doubt we'll be seeing a megas sighting down here again anytime soon...

[Map: jersey city can be found to the left of long island, atlantic city not shown but is in atlantic county]
PostSun May 23, 2004 6:51 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
One question. Is anyone else IMMEMSELY entertained by the constant PoP TV things with the symbol that looks as damn close to MTV without being MTV?

PostSun May 23, 2004 7:23 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
yeah CP, I find my self entertained as well. I've noticed that PoP TV logo since that game releases on it's website. I thought it was an MTV logo at 1st. I'm thinking they might like MTV to much
PostMon May 24, 2004 1:31 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok so i watched the giant spider episode. And a couple things come to mind.

First...
Poor Worf really no work for you? Now your voice acting a spider? Im sure Enterprise could find some way to do a time shift to bring you onboard. But thats off topic

Second...

I laughed for 30 minutes. If this is the worst episode bring the good ones on. Because I loved it. No plot, didnt know what i was watching. Just know chicks dig robots. And i love mecha.
PostMon May 24, 2004 1:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
My favorite episode is the S-Force episode, with Regis being a close second. Although I wish the fight between Coop and the S-Force's "Megazorp" lasted longer.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostMon May 24, 2004 10:09 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Chibi_Zero wrote:
I thought it was an MTV logo at 1st. I'm thinking they might like MTV to much

Actually, it's the opposite. The creators of Megas XLR have bitter feelings against MTV. That's why they're constantly attacking anything with the logo on it. They created a show for MTV called Downtown a few years back, and like all shows on MTV (except Total Request Live and The Real World), it got cancelled after a season.

So, yeah, they're pretty pissed about it... ;)
PostMon May 24, 2004 10:35 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I remember that show. Coop's sidekick looks almost exactly like one of the characters in it. MTV hyped that show so much the previews must have lasted for two months then like you said, after a few weeks it just fell out from no where and got pushed under the ol' rug.
PostTue May 25, 2004 1:45 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Chibi_Zero wrote:
I thought it was an MTV logo at 1st. I'm thinking they might like MTV to much

Actually, it's the opposite. The creators of Megas XLR have bitter feelings against MTV. That's why they're constantly attacking anything with the logo on it. They created a show for MTV called Downtown a few years back, and like all shows on MTV (except Total Request Live and The Real World), it got cancelled after a season.

So, yeah, they're pretty pissed about it... Wink

Sorry I meant might not like MTV much. I would have fixed that if I had use of my computer at home (-_-)
PostTue May 25, 2004 11:50 am
Frostillicus

Post subject:
Buggin' the system was an awesome episode, almost good as the first 2 episodes. It was UBER awesome!

When Megas let out a big amount of energy the two times. The first one looked like Vegeta's Final Atonement and the second remided me of Phoenix from X-Men.

Does anyone disagree with me?
Zechs?
PostSat Jun 05, 2004 1:14 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yesm?

Well after a while all "giant energy blasts" begin to look alike so I can't say what it reminded me of. One thing I can say is that it certainly was awesome. The second I saw the layout of the donut thingy I knew coop was going to cause a domino effect on those things.
PostSat Jun 05, 2004 5:24 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I like the buttons "Escape Cuccoon" and "Kill Giant Moth Creature". You have no idea how many jams buttons like those would have gotten me out of.

PostSat Jun 05, 2004 5:39 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually i have been watching them out of order. After seeing "Test Ride" the pilot tonight. I dont know if i would have watched it again. Although one shot just made me laugh. When he fired the wave motion gun. Which would have gone right over the heads of most watchers
PostWed Jun 16, 2004 10:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
The second I saw the layout of the donut thingy I knew coop was going to cause a domino effect on those things.

Since when does Coop NOT cause a Domino Effect on anything? Laughing
PostWed Jun 16, 2004 11:19 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
It doesnt exactly hide the plots to well. This isnt a thinking mans cartoon. This is sit back and laugh as the big fat guy smashes stuff with a giant robot. That no one seems to go "Hey smash the 87 Camaro and it will die" to.

Any idea what cartoon the Glorf come from? It would seem there stolen from somewhere like everything else in the show.
PostThu Jun 17, 2004 9:16 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: