нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Summer Preview
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Summer Preview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think had the best showing in the Toonami Preview?
Naruto
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
IGPX
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Teen Titans
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Tom and Sara
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
Second best on my list behind DBZ.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho

Last edited by Vegito1471 on Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostWed Jun 01, 2005 7:22 pm
darkness88

Frequenter

Post subject:
Yeah, that convinced me.
PostWed Jun 01, 2005 7:32 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
its that good
3.Yu Yu Hakusho

Last edited by Vegito1471 on Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostWed Jun 01, 2005 7:37 pm
darkness88

Frequenter

Post subject:
Don't get too happy, I wasn't serious.
PostWed Jun 01, 2005 7:39 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
damn it, I thought it sucked too but once I saw past episode 15 I couldnt stop watching
PostWed Jun 01, 2005 7:51 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Better is a relative term. Technically speaking, Justice League aren Teen Titans are top notch. The only things that beat them, in a TECHNICAL sense, are things like Spirited Away. You know, feature films that have 100 times as large of a budget.

So can Naruto be BETTER all around? I doubt it, judging soley on the issue of quality of production. Will I enjoy it more? We'll see. Won't say until I start watching and have seen at least 10 episodes. Do I reserve the right to hate it?

Yes. Yes I do. I reserve the right to hate it and bash it.

I also reserve the right to love it and praise it and give it my first born.

We'll see which way it sways me.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jun 01, 2005 8:06 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
It is better and it is going to be the biggest thing since DBZ
PostWed Jun 01, 2005 8:11 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've seen the first 50ish episodes of Naruto and I can tell you it's better (story and attachment) than DBZ. Why? The battles have lots of ninja action and unlike DBZ, I actually care what happens to the characters. In DBZ there was always the dragonballs to fall back on. Someone dies, just wish them back. Add to that the power levels just got too insane. In Naruto the characters are still human and that makes them easier to relate to.

As far as Naruto being better than TT & JLU: I don't think so. I guess it all depends on how you like your action series. If you want well-paced, self-contained stories that last 1-2 episodes, but still contribute to the overall story that plays out each season, then JLU & TT are where it's at.

If you like multi-episode spanning battles and tournaments where they give you 5-7 minutes of fighting then stop and have 10-15 minutes of flashbacks so you can understand the character's backstory and motivation and blah, blah, blah, then Naruto is for you.

Granted it's all a matter of opinion and personal preference, but that shouldn't stop you from giving your reasons for why show X is better than show Y.
PostWed Jun 01, 2005 9:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks TylerL will have to disable joining TIL for the first two months that Naruto airs?
Look what it's brought so far.

The Rest of the Thread wrote:
I will prove you right at all costs!

PostWed Jun 01, 2005 9:20 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Vegito1471 wrote:
It has a great plot which is way better than JLU and TT and it has way better action scenes, Special effects, dialogue,and even the music is better

an what.

How about that for a reason. Dont you realize when anime is great?

Well I think I've quiet about this topic long enough. (Sorry bono, I woulda chimed in earlier but a long days training at Creative labs drains me.)

First off, let me state my position on Naruto. Yes, I'm a fan of it. I'm up to date on the anime and manga. Yes, I have seen the movie. The reasons I like the show vary but mainly I like the story, animation quality, music, and fighting sequences. But does this mean that naruto is the greatest thing since masturbation? Hell no.

Naruto is certainly not the greatest anime ever. For starters, there is a major lack of fanservice on the part of female characters. That right there lost brownie points. While I like thorough character development, Naruto still suffers from backstory at the wrong time syndrom. Like the Dragon Ball universe, they feel the need to let you know every damn thing that causes the suffering character to fight. Hell, the last story arc started on episode 106 I believe and just wrapped up on episode 135. The thing is though, in the show, only like a day and a half have passed. Yeah, they stretch it out.

But thats all that i can find wrong with it at the moment. I'm sure I'll remember more once I get some sleep on the weekend but thats it for now.

In Summary, Naruto is a DBZ clone in the sense that it drags out everything but it has an excellent character development and story to keep people interested. I gotta admit, I was on the edge of my seat throughout the last story arc. Probably the best thing about Naruto is that, even with its problems, it keeps you coming back for more.
PostWed Jun 01, 2005 9:48 pm
soupcan58

Post subject:
Quote:
KingSpanky
First off, let me state my position on Naruto. Yes, I'm a fan of it. I'm up to date on the anime and manga. Yes, I have seen the movie. The reasons I like the show vary but mainly I like the story, animation quality, music, and fighting sequences. But does this mean that naruto is the greatest thing since masturbation? Hell no.

Naruto is certainly not the greatest anime ever. For starters, there is a major lack of fanservice on the part of female characters. That right there lost brownie points. While I like thorough character development, Naruto still suffers from backstory at the wrong time syndrom. Like the Dragon Ball universe, they feel the need to let you know every damn thing that causes the suffering character to fight. Hell, the last story arc started on episode 106 I believe and just wrapped up on episode 135. The thing is though, in the show, only like a day and a half have passed. Yeah, they stretch it out.

I agree with you on most points there KingSpanky. The show is good, but not the best in the world. It still has it's faults. But I still have one problem with what you said. It's in bold so you know what I'm talking about. Fanservice means nothing in a series like this. The series wasn't made for that. It was made for development in characters, not for panty flashes. If you want that kind of a show, I'd recomend that you look up Ichigo 100%.
PostWed Jun 01, 2005 11:51 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quick lesson, Vegito:

Beefy wrote:
I've seen the first 50ish episodes of Naruto and I can tell you it's better (story and attachment) than DBZ. Why? The battles have lots of ninja action and unlike DBZ, I actually care what happens to the characters. In DBZ there was always the dragonballs to fall back on. Someone dies, just wish them back. Add to that the power levels just got too insane. In Naruto the characters are still human and that makes them easier to relate to.

As far as Naruto being better than TT & JLU: I don't think so. I guess it all depends on how you like your action series. If you want well-paced, self-contained stories that last 1-2 episodes, but still contribute to the overall story that plays out each season, then JLU & TT are where it's at.

If you like multi-episode spanning battles and tournaments where they give you 5-7 minutes of fighting then stop and have 10-15 minutes of flashbacks so you can understand the character's backstory and motivation and blah, blah, blah, then Naruto is for you.

Granted it's all a matter of opinion and personal preference, but that shouldn't stop you from giving your reasons for why show X is better than show Y.

This is what we call a GOOD post. This post makes me EXCITED for Naruto. After reading this, I can't wait for Naruto.

Vegito1471 wrote:
It is better and it is going to be the biggest thing since DBZ

This is what is called a BAD post. This type of post makes me not want to watch Naruto ever. You don't have to say a lot, necissarily, but you do have to say more than "Nono, it is the best and that's FINAL."

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Jun 02, 2005 12:59 am
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
soupcan58 wrote:
Quote:
KingSpanky

I agree with you on most points there KingSpanky. The show is good, but not the best in the world. It still has it's faults. But I still have one problem with what you said. It's in bold so you know what I'm talking about. Fanservice means nothing in a series like this. The series wasn't made for that. It was made for development in characters, not for panty flashes. If you want that kind of a show, I'd recomend that you look up Ichigo 100%.

Bah, fanservice makes the world go round. And yes, i'm already watching Ichigo 100%. Now if you want a good series with fanservice included, watch Seed Destiny.
PostThu Jun 02, 2005 7:09 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Or you could watch just about any hentai in existence.
PostThu Jun 02, 2005 12:15 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, but i like shows that tease. Take Gunbuster for instance. Its like the only anime i've seen where the fanservice actually added to the series.
PostThu Jun 02, 2005 12:43 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: