нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Animation News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Animation News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sketch wrote:
honestly I'd be suprised if they DON'T change Zoro to Zorro... I just hope they don't give him a Spanish accent...

Like you would notice the f****** difference. OMG THEIA PRUNONSSTED ET WUFF TUH R"S!!!!!!1!!!!! WTF?!?!?!!111!?!/1

I hope they rename him to something like "Gladis" just to piss people off.
PostThu Jun 10, 2004 9:26 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
God I love Fanta.
PostFri Jun 11, 2004 1:48 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
After being gone from the network for about half a decade (click here for details), The WB Network's programming is returning to WGN, starting with Kids' WB! this September (and a special live preview this August on the WGN Morning News). It will include the entire KWB lineup with both its weekday and SUNDAY block time-slots.

Oh, yeah. Michigan J. Frog is back, too. Dig it. Mr. Green

See the full press release from WGN here.

Update: Oops! I read the article wrong. The weekend morning block will be on Sundays, not Saturdays.

Last edited by Daikun on Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
PostSun Jul 04, 2004 1:29 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Columbia TriStar's upcoming 2-disc HELLBOY dvd will contain four great cartoons from Columbia's UPA archives, including How Now Boing Boing, Gerald McBoing-Boing on Planet Moo and The Tell Tale Heart. Director Guillermo del Toro is a longtime animated cartoon fan who insisted these cartoons be added to the dvd release.

That's really the only way Columbia will release it's cartoons. Similiarly, Ub Iwerks Color Rhapsody SKELETON FROLIC is included on dvd release of THE LOST SKELETON OF CADAVERA - because a certain cartoon buff at TriStar insisted it be part of the package.

It's too bad the marketing geniuses at Columbia TriStar Home Video themselves don't understand the bounty of animation classics in their vaults...
PostSun Jul 04, 2004 11:44 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
Just Another Day at the Office

A couple of electronic bugging devices were found in Michael Eisner's Disney office last week, according to the anonymous LA blogger A Fly On The Wall. Upholstered furniture was also removed from Mikey's office as a precautionary measure. More from the Fly:

Quote:
Eisner routinely pays for a security sweep by electronics experts every few months out of his own pocket. This is the first time evesdropping bugs are believed to have been found.

The devices were analyzed by electronics experts and determined not to be the sort used by law enforcement authorities.

After some apparent internal disagreement, Disney officials decided not to alert the Burbank Police Department about the secrity breach...

Reported on Cartoon Brew a while ago.
PostTue Jul 13, 2004 5:59 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
I know, I'm responding to an old post, but...

Andromaton wrote:
I would LOVE to see an animated version of Beowulf and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Disney COULD do a kick ass job on if they put their best people on it.

Your wish has been granted!

It's not by Disney, though.

Quote:
Warner Brothers is developing a film based on the Anglo-Saxon epic poem Beowulf, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Newcomer Matthew Sand will write the script for the film version of the story, about a knight who takes up the sword against a monster.

The eighth-century tale centers on Beowulf of the Geats, who is called to slay Grendel, a monster that is attacking a Danish kingdom. The poem is known to have been an influence on J.R.R. Tolkien, author of The Lord of the Rings, the trade paper reported.

PostSat Jul 17, 2004 1:42 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I don't see the word "animated" anywhere in that news article.
No soap. Wink
PostSat Jul 17, 2004 2:15 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Rycel wrote:
Meh. So 4Kids did license it. Didn't see that one coming a mile away. We'll see how the end product turns out. So I guess we can look forward to seeing the adventures of "Mikey D. Loffy" the captain, "Butch Zorro" the swordsman, "Lisa" the navigator, "Wassup" the gunner, "Romeo" the cook, "Rudy" the shapeshifting reindeer doctor, and "Nikki" the girl with the phantom hands later this year. All else fails, there's still a glimmer of hope that there may be a semi-faithful sub track on the FUNi-released "uncut" DVDs of the 4Kids shows. Here's to hoping...
I would pay good money to see a series about Wassup the Gunner.
PostSat Jul 17, 2004 6:23 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
it's funny, daikun posted that like I don't keep with with MY industrys news. Only reason I didn't and don't really post news anymore is not that you beat me to it (far from) it's that I've learned thems peoples here don't care on account of not reading it.
PostSat Jul 17, 2004 2:29 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Marvel Enterprises has sued the Walt Disney Co. and ABC Family (formerly Fox Family) for at least $16 million, which it claims it is owed on the cartoons it licensed to Fox Family, which Disney acquired in 2001, reports VARIETY. As part of the suit filed July 15, 2004 in L.A. Superior Court, Marvel argues that Disney improperly accounted for profits on animated series THE INCREDIBLE HULK, X-MEN AND SPIDER-MAN and failed to promote the shows. In the complaint, Disney claims the toons lose money, but will not provide proper accounting.

In addition, Marvel also claims that Disney's purchase of Fox Family for $5.2 billion has left no money to develop the Marvel properties; that it improperly continued the sweetheart deals put in place by Fox; and that it buried Marvel's shows choosing to promote its own properties. As well, Marvel says that Disney will not allow Marvel to audit records on Disney's release of the SPIDER-MAN series on DVD, which coincided with the release of Columbia's SPIDER-MAN theatrical film.

Marvel attorney Carole Handler said, "This intellectual property is extremely valuable to Marvel, and Marvel intends to see that it is properly compensated for the real value of its property."

Under the 1992 deal with Fox Children's Network, Marvel agreed to produce animated programming, which was produced by Saban Ent. Then under a 1996 agreement, Fox secured U.S. distribution and Saban retained worldwide rights. When Disney bought Fox Family, it obtained all distribution rights.

In the past Marvel hasn't been shy to bring suit. It recently settled a suit with Sony regarding the merchandising of the SPIDER-MAN and MEN IN BLACK films.
PostSat Jul 17, 2004 3:01 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Happy Happy, Joy Joy! Ren and Stimpy fans who missed out on last year's Time-Life offerings can rejoice! Paramount has quietly let retailers know that Ren and Stimpy - The Complete 1st & 2nd Seasons will be available to sell in-stores on October 12!

Over 30 episodes will be present on this release: "Stimpy's Big Day," "The Big Shot," "Stimpy's Storybook Land: Robin Hoek," "Nurse Stimpy," "Space Madness," "The Boy Who Cried 'Rat!'," "Fire Dogs," "Stimpy's Storybook Land: The Littlest Giant," "Marooned," "Untamed World," "Black Hole," "Stimpy's Invention," "In the Army," "Powdered Toastman," "Ren's Toothache," "Big House Blues," "Out West," "Rubber Nipple Salesmen," "Sven Hoek," "Mad Dog Hoek," "Haunted House," "Big Baby Scam," "Dog Show," "Son of Stimpy," "Monkey See, Monkey Don't," "Fake Dad," "The Great Outdoors," "The Cat That Laid The Golden Hairball," "Stimpy's Fan Club," "A Visit to Anthony," and "The Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen."

For those of us who managed to get the short-lived direct sale offering before Time-Life's rights (quickly) expired, there's still good reason to also get the new set. Besides 10 episodes that weren't on the old discs ("Mad Dog Hoek," "Haunted House," "Big Baby Scam," "Son of Stimpy," "Monkey See, Monkey Don't," "Fake Dad," "The Cat That Laid The Golden Hairball," "Stimpy's Fan Club," "A Visit to Anthony," and "The Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen"), Paramount's release will also have these extras:

• Audio Commentary
  • Featurette
  • Image Gallery

Neat add-ons that make it worth adding this to your collection, eh? Something else that would make it worthwhile is if these turn out to be the completely unedited versions of each short. As an example, in the episode "Powdered Toastman," a document is burned in the fireplace, making a joke out of the ignorance of "PTM" when he unwittingly shoves it in. Originally the paper was identifiable as the U.S. Constitution by the words "We The People" at the top, but on the Time-Life DVDs it is only a blank piece of paper. This is just one example of the edits this show has seen, both for broadcast and on the old DVDs. C'mon, Paramount...give us the unedited, original versions of each cartoon!

The running time is listed at 418 minutes, and pricing info isn't yet available. Nor is cover art, but we expect to have that reasonably soon. Stay tuned for more! In the meantime, recite the oath: "I do hereby promise only to watch The Ren & Stimpy Show..."
PostWed Jul 21, 2004 5:15 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
Fans of the hit nautical cartoon Spongebob Squarepants have set up their own church.

The cartoon features a kitchen sponge who lives with his friends in a place called Bikini Bottom in the Pacific Ocean.

The cartoon is designed for children under four but has already won star fans like Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Kelly Osbourne and Mike Myers.

Now it has its own officially registered church, in the US, which teaches its own spiritual way of life.

Members of the Church of Spongebob meet up for services everywhere from New York and California to Texas.

The 700-strong membership have taken an official conversion sacrament to pledge their loyalty to the church.

There is also an intense study course for the church based on the Spongebob scriptures.

The church's manifesto says it promotes "simple things like having fun and using your imagination."

Recently 5000 people applied to watch the cartoon, which is broadcast on Nickelodeon and being turned into a movie, to work out why it is so funny.

Nickelodeon spokesperson Reeta Bhatiani said: "Spongebob's appeal is extraordinary."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040718/344/ey8x1.html
PostMon Jul 26, 2004 5:42 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Lucasfilm Ltd. has announced that it has established Lucasfilm Animation Singapore, a digital animation studio designed to produce digital animated content, including films, television and games for global audiences. Gail Currey, vp/gm of Lucasfilm Animation, will lead the Singapore-based creative team. The other investors in the venture include EDB Investments Pte Ltd. and Creative Technology Ltd.

"I've been a fan of Asian animation and illustration all my life," said George Lucas. "Asian cinema has had a particularly big impact on a lot of my work. When we began thinking about developing new ways to explore the craft of animation, it seemed a natural step to combine the two. By having a base in Singapore, we can create a new style of animation that will blend east and west -- and offer something not seen before."

"We're excited about this new venture," commented Micheline Chau, president/coo of Lucasfilm, who was in Singapore for the announcement. "Singapore was our location of choice for so many reasons -- a growing talent base, the cosmopolitan flavor and its attractiveness as a place to live. Our long-term partnership with the Economic Development Board (EDB) gives us the resources to begin work almost immediately, working in concert with our animation unit in California."

Teo Ming Kian, chairman EDB said, "This is a capstone for Singapore's digital media industry. We already have an established base of 17 international cable and satellite broadcasters, a burgeoning TV production sector as well as game development. This new studio will not only provide exceptional career opportunities for local animators and people keen in the creative arts, it will also attract top talent from the world over to live and work in Singapore. It will help us further diversify our economy and provide opportunities for our people with different interests and competencies."
PostTue Aug 03, 2004 8:39 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Square Enix Co., Ltd. has announced that it will screen a special preview edition of the upcoming FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN at the 61st Venice International Film Festival, September 1-11 in Venice, Italy. The film is a direct-to-DVD CG-animated sequel to FINAL FANTASY VII, one of the best-selling PlayStation videogames of all time. FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN will be shown as part of "Venezia Digitale," the new digital image category of the festival. Since the product is still in development, a special preview will be screened at the festival.

"We are honored to be a part of Venezia Digitale, this exciting new category that highlights the values of innovation and artistry of digital imagery," said director Tetsuya Nomura. "As we continually strive to create digital entertainment that pushes the boundaries of technology and art, we welcome the opportunity to become a part of the world cinema community through the Venice International Film Festival."

FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN take place two years after FINAL FANTASY VII's conclusion. The ruins of Midgar stand as a testament to the sacrifices that were made in order to bring peace. However, the world will soon face a new menace -- a mysterious illness. Now Cloud, who walked away from the life of a hero to live in solitude, must step forward yet again.

The FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN development team includes:
* Director - Tetsuya Nomura (FINAL FANTASY X, KINGDOM HEARTS)
* Co-director - Takeshi Nozue (FINAL FANTASY IX, FINAL FANTASY X, KINGDOM HEARTS)
* Scenario - Kazushige Nojima (STELLAVISTA LTD.) (FINAL FANTASY X, KINGDOM HEARTS)
* Art director - Yusuke Naora (FINAL FANTASY X)
* Composer - Nobuo Uematsu (FINAL FANTASY series)
* Producer - Yoshinori Kitase (FINAL FANTASY X, KINGDOM HEARTS) and Shinji Hashimoto (FINAL FANTASY VIII, KINGDOM HEARTS)
* Mechanic/creature design - Takayuki Takeya (Freelance) (ZEIRAM, MECHANICAL VIOLATOR HAKAIDER)
PostTue Aug 03, 2004 8:39 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Adina Pitt has been promoted from director to vp of Acquisitions for Nickelodeon and Nicktoons, Nickelodeon's digital channel for the next generation of animation. Pitt will handle pre-buys and acquisitions for both networks, reporting to Pete Danielsen, svp of programming, Nickelodeon; and Keith Dawkins, vp/gm, Nicktoons.

"Adina is a well-respected and talented executive who continually succeeds in keeping the company up-to-date on what's going on in the kids' marketplace around the world and bringing the hottest shows to Nickelodeon," said Danielsen. "Her new role acknowledges her expertise and contribution to the success of the network."

"No one knows the international kids' marketplace better than Adina," said Dawkins. "She's respected around the globe by distributors and producers everywhere and we are fortunate to have a true ambassador and protector of the Nicktoons brand."

Pitt works directly with head of Nickelodeon programming as well as the Nicktoons programming team in New York City to develop acquisition strategies that support current and long-term programming plans. She negotiates and acquires series, films and interstitial programming for Nickelodeon and Nicktoons; solicits, screens and evaluates acquisitions submissions; maintains relationships with international and domestic programming distributors; and represents Nick at major programming markets, including: MIP-TV, MIPCOM, Kidscreen Conference and NATPE.

In addition, she looks for future trends in the marketplace and analyzes opportunities for the network. She is the liaison between all international Nickelodeon channels to maintain global acquisitions' point of view in the marketplace. She oversees the maintenance of charts tracking channel inventory, cable and network television series and movie deals, competitive pricing, theatrical and made-for-TV movie availability, competitive broadcast and cable inventories, both domestically and globally.

Pitt also serves as programming director for Nicktoons, overseeing program planning and strategy. She communicates programming plans and priorities to all Nickelodeon departments and partners to create on- and off-air synergy. Pitt works closely with Nick Research to maintain ratings performance, discuss scheduling strategies and monitor competitive programming and trends.

Pitt joined Nickelodeon in 1998 as a coordinator of acquisitions and has worked on Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite, TV Land, Nicktoons and TNN. She previously worked in film programming acquisitions at HBO.
PostTue Aug 03, 2004 8:40 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: