нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Most Overrated Character/Person in Anime...
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Most Overrated Character/Person in Anime...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Most Overrated Character/Person in Anime
Hiyao Miyazaki
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Spike Spiegal
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Vash the Stampede
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Kenshin Himura
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Other
66%
 66%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 18

TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject: Most Overrated Character/Person in Anime...
Who's the most overrated character (or person) in anime? You know, someone EVERYONE loves and adores, but who you think is, frankly, not that great?

hmm...I should add, Who's NOT a DBZ character...aka Goku...don't want this post to turn into a DBZ bash

I didn't put in that many choices...I figure most people will have different answers

and my answer is...<drumroll>...Gene Starwind! massively overrated...Spike could kick his butt in about...6.38 seconds...can't beat anyone of any ability without with castor shells...and he isn't that that likeable of a lead character...and what's with the motion sickness? is that the weakest flaw EVER for a lead character? sheesh...
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 2:41 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hey, I like Gene . . .

I think I'm gonna get reamed for htis but: Tenchi. I know, I know, everyone loves all the Tenchi series, but I, personally, was not that impressed with them. Just a personal thing. I'm not saying that Tenchi is bad, I just think he's slightly over rated.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 2:46 pm
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
eh, I like Tenchi cause I friggin love Tenchi Muyo, but yeah, nothing very special about him, aside from his powers...I mean, what, he's like the 8th most popular character in the series?
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 2:51 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
(whispers under his breath) outside of little washuu Tenchi kind of sucked
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 6:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
i never caught on to the Tenchi wave, but i did watch it.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 10:31 pm
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
okay, we've got voters for Miyazaki, Spike, AND Kenshin...and no one wrote posts about why they're overrated????? what the heck, people?!
PostThu Jun 05, 2003 1:58 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I never really could understand why people loved Tenchi as much as they do. It's art style is alright and fairly different (at least the first time it was) but the stories from teh different reseriesing just makes it so convoluted that most of the credibility goes out the window, unless of course your in/from japan then convoluted is your national export. I just found all, repeat ALL, the characters whiney and annoying (mostly vocally). I assume the japanese dub tracks are little different.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostThu Jun 05, 2003 12:08 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think Miyzaki has had wacky periods in his carear, but at least now he's out of them. I didn't think Mononoke was that great. (Waits for gunfire) But since he's the guy who made the first Lupin series, I can't hate him.

As for overrated characters, yeah, Tenchi. His "I don't know what sex is" act has gotten on my last nerves.
PostThu Jun 05, 2003 1:48 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
It's Tenchi. I meant, seriously, if you're surrounded by girls that are hitting on you, you be the popular and most adore anime character.
PostThu Jun 05, 2003 4:20 pm
Saiyoukai1015

Post subject:
Yep, definitely tenchi
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 1:24 pm
HLB

Post subject:
(Haven't posted for a while, have I?)

I would have to say Tenchi also. I just can't find what's so attractive about him that makes all the girls go crazy. I mean..he has a potato head...that bothers me. More than it should, really..
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 8:09 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, at least it isn't turning into a DBZ-bashing thread... Razz

Over-rated person? David Lucas.
He's good and I enjoy his performances, I'll give him that, but Crispin Freeman pwnzs him for vocal range.
And none of them can hold a candle to the real voice actors: Mel Blanc, Daws Butler, Don Messick and Frank Welker. Phil LaMarr's close, but not quite there yet. Cool
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 2:13 am
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
Crispin Freeman freakin ownz voice acting...uh, that's just my opinion from seeing the one series I've heard him in...but he's good!

David Lucas may not have range (but he might, I've never heard him try anything NOT similar to Spike), but his voice is PERFECT for so many roles...

and yeah, love the Phil Lamarr, Mel Blanc, and Frank Welker

sheesh...finally an answer besides Tenchi...if you had said Tenchi, Nobi, I think I may have gone postal on this thread...
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 10:02 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
TheWorldWeKnow wrote:
...if you had said Tenchi, Nobi, I think I may have gone postal on this thread...

Sometimes when you ask questions, you get answers you won't like Wink...but I understand where they're coming from. I see a lot of the same comments on other boards.
To me the most interesting thing about Tenchi Muyo! is the backstory and the bigger picture of Jurai history and galaxy politics, not just a group of people living in an ordinary-looking house in Okayama... It's just like delving into Star Wars or Star Trek and coming to an understanding of how this story universe works and how it's put together. Unfortunately Western fans don't have readily-available access to this information. That's a shame, too.
PostThu Jun 12, 2003 7:11 am
HLB

Post subject:
I'm not saying that the SHOW is overrated, but I'm saying the person, Tenchi, is rather overrated. They want to potray him as such a great guy, but I just can't see it.
PostThu Jun 12, 2003 10:36 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: