нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - I knocked really really hard
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
I knocked really really hard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm vewry confused...
Shinobo: There was a lot of cerebral(sp?) stuff in Knockin on Heavan's Door. A lot. Just watch it a few more times. The best part is figuring out what the butterflies represent. Oh, and the movie was two hours, not one and a half.

And I thought Spirited Away was completely hand drawn.
PostTue Jun 24, 2003 3:29 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spirited Away meshed hand drawn images and cel shading PERFECTLY. It's a work of art. But no, it wasn't completely hand drawn. But a good amount of it is.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Jun 26, 2003 11:34 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well we just got it released, early reviews are giving it low makrs. The one I read was 2/5 because 'looks cool but the plot was lacking', or something like that. No recognition of the music by Yoko Kanno or the TV series, they viewed it was a stan alone project. Anyway, if you want to complain write to this email address: friday.review@guardian.co.uk
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 5:00 am
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
dillpops wrote:
Well we just got it released, early reviews are giving it low makrs. The one I read was 2/5 because 'looks cool but the plot was lacking', or something like that. No recognition of the music by Yoko Kanno or the TV series, they viewed it was a stan alone project. Anyway, if you want to complain write to this email address: friday.review@guardian.co.uk

most of the reviews I read when it came out were good...the reviews were almost universally good

and trust me, it's a terrific movie...
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 10:18 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
It was originally supposed to come to a theater near me, and then it DIDN'T. Not like I had anyone to see it WITH either way, but still, it's the principle of the thing.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 10:47 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
Yeah, I noticed that too, so far disney is the only animation house to succesfully blend the two.
Futurama did a pretty damn good job.

This movie has the best hand to hand fight sequence I've seen animated, and a pretty badass dogfight to boot. All bad reviews (you HEARD me, Filmthreat) are the works of morons.
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 11:05 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
dillpops wrote:

Not a very good plot? May I be the thousandth to say: Whaaaaa???
PostSat Jun 28, 2003 1:31 pm
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
The Movie was really the first show(so to say) that Iv seen completly unedited.. and it kicked so much ass. Id take those fight scences with Spike over any fight Iv ever seen in anime.
I think they just wanted to take all the kick ass things they did in the series, and turn them up for the movie.
Id say the movie is a must have for any anime fan!!!
It had perfect animation. THey didnt go too far with the computer graphics, and it just kicked ass!!

Thats what it is all about!
PostMon Jun 30, 2003 9:22 pm
wildarmsheero

Post subject:
I personaly loved this movie to pieces. It gets a 9/10. I thought some of the dialogue was just recycled things from the series, but they needed that for people who have not seen the show, so I understand. The animation is top quality. But, what really pisses me off is all those fuckers at the Mega Tokyo forums who hated it for no reason and the damn reviews....

All these people want is action and can't handle a hardly complex story. All the newspapers and shit said it was "confusing". I hardly was confusing, End Of Eva and Akira were confusing, so to all the Mega Tokyo fuck heads and all the newspaper shit slugs "GO TO HELL YOU ASS FUCKERS!!!"

Ok, I'm good now.....I needed to get that out ^_^
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 4:50 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
I realise that but don't use so many swear words for it. this is your first warning Embarassed
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 7:51 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I don't remember an anti-swear word rule. I just remember no racist/sexist kinda thing rules. Cussing at peoples idiocy is plenty ok, at least in my book, as loong as its done properly.

He didn't do it properly, but that fact that he wrote it doesn't deserve a "warning" I don't think. All I have to say to WAH is next time you want to vent like that, try using some more colorful terms with more variety. Cussing is an artform that not many people even know about.

Oh, and I have no problem with Mega Tokyo bashing as long as its aimed correctly.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 11:33 am
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
I don't remember an anti-swear word rule. I just remember no racist/sexist kinda thing rules. Cussing at peoples idiocy is plenty ok, at least in my book, as loong as its done properly.

cussing, certainly allowable, however...

Be polite to the other people. Avoid things like personal attacks, flame wars, hate speech, etc. This includes not badmouthing people from other sites/boards/your school/etc. - as written by our very own JJc14 (TDA MB Guide)

the swear words definitely contributed to the flaming...

guh, I sound like such a frost queen

anyway, I just wanted to support dill - even if the offense was slightly different from simply "cursing" Razz
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 1:48 pm

Post subject:
I wasn't REALLY warning him, we can't warn people like it's an AIM session, I think that some people might find cussing offensive and we want this board to be able to be read by people as young as 13 because they can join!

Anyway so I do have a reason, it wasn't unjust, just because you know all the swearwords and aren't bothered by them doesn't go for everyone! I don't want parents complaining to Tyler about these sorts of things -_-

If people need to swear can't they just b***nk it out?
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 2:16 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Uh...yeah that was my post!
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 2:17 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
All I was really trying to say is that every once and a while you need to vent and as long as the large ammounts of cussing is restricted to the occasional vent/rant it's ok. If he were to lets say.... make every post like that one, THEN getting a post like dills warning one would be warrented.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 2:26 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: