нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Even though that long forgotten artist has the same last name as me, I assure you we are not related. And anything below $100 for those boxsets I will consider as bootleg versions.
PostTue Oct 07, 2003 2:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WooJae

Post subject:
My posting is not a bootleg posting - I myself assiduouly avoid bootlegs, so I find it a bit disconcerting to be called a pusher of bootlegs...

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=MBI020227

It is due out in november for preorder, I am sorry if I did not clarify.

BTW, did people just find my link NOT funny? I'd like to know...
PostTue Oct 07, 2003 3:02 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
saturday night:

the explosion seperates saito from the rest of the group, but rather than attempt to return, he walks into the explosion as sano screams for a rematch...hoji is pulled out of the fire thanks to anji, who then goes to turn himself in to the police, while soujiro takes off on his own...aoshi and sano, holding kenshin, return to kyoto, bringing about a joyous reunion with everyone there...kenshin's wounds are obviously serious, and megumi is given word and rushes to kyoto to help...

a month passes as kenshin has just recovered from his injuries...things seem mostly back to normal: sano's focused on his stomach, misao's back to worrying about aoshi, and gramps is his same old self...surprisingly, cho walks in on the group, but unlike their last encounter, he arrives on friendlier terms...

turns out the meiji government offered alternatives to jail-time for some of the juppongatana members...kamatari was about to take her life, but was convinced by cho to spread the story of shishio; anji's serving an almost self-imposed jail time, soujiro's out on his own wandering japan to find his truths in life; iwanbo's harmless; and hoji ends up committing suicide as the government basically refused his opportunity to speak of shishio's greatness...this news is followed by an interesting scene in hades, where shishio and yumi meet up with hoji and shishio turns his attention to conquering hades/hell itself...

cho takes off and we see soujiro on his travels, letting the road be his guide as we fade to the credits...

a great resolution episode as we get a good amount of closure seeing everyone's fate after being involved in the kyoto story...after all the tense moments from the past few weeks, this laid-back, almost serene atmosphere was a great change of pace...those wondering about edits should be glad to know that other than the blow of hoji committing suicide being softened a bit and misao asking about "that strange woman" instead of "transvestite", there wasn't much to change (though the digital toothpick did make it's return early on)...

feels like it's been forever, but next week the kyoto arc comes to a close:

Saturday, 10/18: Kyoto, The Engraved Memory: Begin With A Wish
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 10:32 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
The final episode of Kenshin on the Cartoon Network. Unless someone decides to buy tapes for Adult Swim.

How do I know this? They haven't bought tapes to the Christian arc...
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 11:20 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
eh, the common opinion of anime fans is that kenshin really does end after next week...tales of the meiji doesn't really get much love since there was no manga at the time to base it on, but the extent of this hatred depends on the individual fan...

you may actually prefer it this way...
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 2:24 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, you all know how I'd prefer Kenshin. Uncut on Adult Swim. But all things considered, this is the best time to end it.
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 4:53 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
hmm...according to matt wilson in this thread, the first episode of what is considered the "tales of the meiji" arc is still scheduled to air, as The Legend Of The Fireflies remains listed for october 25...

now, even if they stop at the "christian arc", there's still three more episodes before then that could conceivably air in november...guess we'll have to wait and see...

and i need to ask a favor...can someone check the last post on the "Adult Swim and Toonami Schedule" thread and tell me if they can see my recent post for this week? i got that weird error message and although i can still see the post, i'm not sure if anyone else can...
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 6:37 pm
INixxI

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
turns out the meiji government offered alternatives to jail-time for some of the juppongatana members...kamatari was about to take her life, but was convinced by cho to spread the story of shishio; [/b]

Kamatari would be a "he." No clue why CN decided to edit that for the last episode of the arc . . .
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 7:32 pm
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
I have to say that I for one am glad CN will not be playing this series any longer..Sorry but I love the series so much that I believe that one will just have to buy it..I mean..I was with a group of friends the other night and we couldn't stop laughing at the fat that chou had a western accent to make up for the fact that he was from western Japan. This is really stupid.. I'm sorry but it is, Tae and sae having southern accents did not help either...There were really important parts of this arc that were edited..and we are sick of the editing rants so I will spare everyone, but Kamatari, a he? Why? Why must they screw this up?

I'll share something with you, since there is one ep left of the shishio arc, that they will hopefully air when Kenshin and kouru go home so they can at least give some closure for those watching it on cn. I watched the Christian arc last night because I was just going through some stuff, I watched how Sano and Sayo had their destinies intertwine, I saw how the Christians were hated for what they believed in and while Shishio is better, this arc brings back aoshi for an ep, hiko for a bit and even chou, The arc was special to me because years ago when Kenshin was being fansubbed, it was the first kenshin I ever saw..I was so moved at this, I felt myself..well..crying...not wahh crying..but just..tears coming down my face..I'm a 20 year old male, that takes alot for me to admit that I cried...it takes alot for me to cry but this arc was so special..it did that Sano in the sub had done the greatest acting I had ever seen a voice actor do I don't see how a dub could do it justice and if you saw the sub of the christian arc, you know what i mean..I'm glad CN won't get their hands on it to ruin it.. Some things..just need to be seen..the scene where the Christian's were being crucified..was so sad yet at the same time, it needed to be seen...I just pray that they do not get any more..
PostMon Oct 13, 2003 8:26 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
INixxI wrote:

Kamatari would be a "he." No clue why CN decided to edit that for the last episode of the arc . . .

Not an edit, or at least not a CN edit.
PostMon Oct 13, 2003 12:57 pm
Zer0

Post subject:
Im gonna throw my two cents in b/c Im sick of hearing about editing. I buy alot of anime, and some manga too, but lets face it: I have a life that needs finacial supporting too. I cant go buy the whole Kenshin series on DVD just b/c I dont want my virgin eyes to see the editing. (That was supposed to be sarcastic) Some ppl want to see Kenshin even though its edited. And that my friends is a true fan. Not the whining geeks who rant about it being "destroyed" or "butchered", and that nobody should be able to watch it like that. We live in a censored society, and I got three words for those ppl I mentioned above: GET OVER IT
PostMon Oct 13, 2003 7:08 pm
INixxI

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:

Eh? That's a pretty big error to make it through translation then. I'm even more suprised that made it through since it's so well established earlier in the series that he is male. ::wonders:: Oh well. As for the last poster's comments about us (me?) whining about the editing, I don't think anyone really cares whether your virgin eyes see the edit or not, thats your thing. Heh. But obviously this has no bearing on people who have seen both versions from being adgetated by the abomination that has resulted from overzealous editors. (am I laying it on too thick? heh) I don't mind edits (to a degree) and I do understand why they are needed, however, when a show I follow to the extent of calling it a hobby gets mangled like Kenshin has, I take issue and complain.
PostMon Oct 13, 2003 11:30 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
INixxI wrote:
Nobuyuki wrote:

Eh? That's a pretty big error to make it through translation then. I'm even more suprised that made it through since it's so well established earlier in the series that he is male. ::wonders::

I'm not even sure it's a translation error, unless someone who understands Japanese can confirm it. It may be a sign of respect for him and his abilities. Since he thinks and acts like a woman, then they refer to him as one (a la Nuriko of Fuushigi Yugi or Aoi of You're Under Arrest!). Confused
PostTue Oct 14, 2003 12:08 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
INixxI wrote:
Nobuyuki wrote:

Eh? That's a pretty big error to make it through translation then. I'm even more suprised that made it through since it's so well established earlier in the series that he is male. ::wonders::

I'm not even sure it's a translation error, unless someone who understands Japanese can confirm it. It may be a sign of respect for him and his abilities.

while i can't confirm it myself, as i haven't seen the kyoto arc episodes in japanese yet, i read somewhere else that in this episode, the sub refers to kamatari as a "she" as well, as opposed to a "he" during the entire fight...dunno if it's a "respect" thing like nobu mentioned or a slip of some kind...

whenever they do release the kyoto boxset, i'll have to listen to the dialogue a few times (a limited knowledge of the language + the speed they speak at = confusion), but i dunno if it's really that big a deal...
PostTue Oct 14, 2003 3:59 pm
INixxI

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
I'm not even sure it's a translation error

Then I'll simply say that it's an amusing situation. Smile
PostWed Oct 15, 2003 11:43 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 26 of 29

Jump to: