нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - SUPER MEGA PROMOTIONS DAY x489999
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
SUPER MEGA PROMOTIONS DAY x489999
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Eh?
Yay
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Nay
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Bush-Cheney
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Congrats to the three of you. Now Pepito has more puppets to play with. Very Happy
PostWed Nov 24, 2004 11:41 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
It's about damn time you made Nobu a mod. Zechs? Omg I love that dude, he and me have been like *this* since '01 I'm so happy for him. So happy in fact I'm going to do an irish jig. It's not like gfpaperboy or I are exactly the responsible types, after all.

You've specifically said multiple times that you DON"T want to be a mod, Bono.

And as far as I can tell, the decision for mod-dom is based on a few things. First of all how well respected you are. Second, how regularly you come to the board. Third, how sane you are. That provides for a certain pecking order. Being second to Nobu, Zechs, and JJc is not a shame in any way, shape, or form. I respect the three of them far more than I respect myself, too.

Also, the next person or persons in the pecking order are selected based on when a need arises. If there were no need, then there would be no new mods.

So why now? Well, there are hints abound, and all shall be revealed shortly.

Oh, and personally, I love the way Tyler lets you know that you're a mod. I remember when I found out. I came to the board, clicked on one of the forums, clicked on thread, and next to the New Post button there was suddenly a Lock Thread button and I was confused for a good 60 seconds and then I was like "Yay!"

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Nov 24, 2004 11:42 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
I still think they shoulda made me a mod
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostWed Nov 24, 2004 11:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
You are a mod you twit. Razz
PostThu Nov 25, 2004 12:10 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
To my knowledge, I've never been asked to be a mod, nor have I said I wouldn't want to be one. Would I want to be one? Meh. Doesn't take much extra work on my part. I check the boards about three times a day, so I could certainly do the job. The only real benefit I'd have is finally getting to see all the nasty things the mods have been saying about me over the years. I'm sure Andr-Spook has said a few choice words about me once or twice.
I was actually kind of surprised about zechs; I don't see him posting all that much (although he might check the forums much more often than he posts, which is actually a good thing for a mod). I could also see all of his contributions to the site having something to do with it.
Of course, I have no clue why we needed more mods; AndroSpook seems to be on here so often that he could probably mod the board by himself.
That being said, Nobu becoming a mod was no surprise at all. In all honesty, it should've happened a long time ago. He's been the highest-contributing of all the members without an official status for a very long time. In a sense, he's been a mod all along, just without the official powers.
PostThu Nov 25, 2004 12:46 am
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
amen

And someone started a nasty rumor about me abusing mod power by flaming nubs. Well i'll have you know, i ALREADY flame nubs with my insult pics. So there. Rolling Eyes
PostThu Nov 25, 2004 1:08 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
[Note: This event is so special that I had to dust off the rules on grammar, punctuation, and capitalization (::gasp::).]

Tyler must've predicted that I'd be drinking something while checking out the forums just now, and while i didn't spit anything out, I am still coughing up some orange juice that went down the wrong pipe...

Seriously though, I had no idea this was coming. I don't even have a speech prepared or anything. But I must extend congratulations to our new mods. I think we all knew that it was a question of "when" for Nobuyuki, and Zechs is just as deserving of the promotion.

Overall, I think I've learned a good lesson in life. All that 'complaining' I did about the "Reviews" area of the site must've pushed Tyler off the deep end. Remember kids, if you want a promotion in life, it's as easy as complaining about something!

Thanks again Tyler, I'll try not to disappoint!
PostThu Nov 25, 2004 11:22 am
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
The squeaky wheel gets to do more work.

And I'm still waiting for your PM.
PostThu Nov 25, 2004 11:42 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
[Note: This event is so special that I had to dust off the rules on grammar, punctuation, and capitalization (::gasp:Smile.]

Tyler must've predicted that I'd be drinking something while checking out the forums just now, and while i didn't spit anything out, I am still coughing up some orange juice that went down the wrong pipe...

Seriously though, I had no idea this was coming. I don't even have a speech prepared or anything. But I must extend congratulations to our new mods. I think we all knew that it was a question of "when" for Nobuyuki, and Zechs is just as deserving of the promotion.

Overall, I think I've learned a good lesson in life. All that 'complaining' I did about the "Reviews" area of the site must've pushed Tyler off the deep end. Remember kids, if you want a promotion in life, it's as easy as complaining about something!

Thanks again Tyler, I'll try not to disappoint!

I complained about the reviews section more, if you notice the All and characters section, as well as the recent color change so you can read it
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu Nov 25, 2004 1:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Third, how sane you are.

See the recent posts in the IM Conversations thread for more on the sanity of Zechs. Wink
PostThu Nov 25, 2004 2:10 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
6 mods? Maybe there will be a power struggle.
Congrats Nobu, I can't think of anyone more deserving of a promotion.

As for me, being a mod is something I sometimes think about, but I believe I contribute to the community in my own way, like with the videos I encode for TDA and ASF.

Speaking of which, I need to bug Tyler more often about getting those uploaded.
PostThu Nov 25, 2004 5:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Struggle for power? Come on, the only struggle will be for the TV remote. Six mods is kinda a lot...maybe I should hand in my badge because it's not as if I close/move/delete a lot of threads...

But then, there will be no female mods...

BTW I got told I was a mod by some random rules in a PM, man, I thought I was being banned!

at least you were told, I just noticed that I could see the mystical living space of the mod one day though I did get a PM saying it was going to be a reporter.
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostFri Nov 26, 2004 11:03 am
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Any mod powerstruggle will result in the death of all of them.
PostFri Nov 26, 2004 3:06 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Followed by immediate reassignment of replacement mods who are currently still among the living, right?
PostFri Nov 26, 2004 10:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
I claim the dead bodies

::gets weird stares::

What? Hey, they can't say no!
PostSat Nov 27, 2004 12:44 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: