нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Is it just me, or is Cartoon Network shows getting dumber?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Is it just me, or is Cartoon Network shows getting dumber?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you want to see more of on Cartoon Network?
DragonBall (first, Z, or GT)
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Yu Yu Hakusho
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ruroni Kenshin
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Yu-gi-oh
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Inuyasha
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Any [adult swim] shows
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
We may not agree with him Bono, but at least he backs up his points with somewhat logical sentences that are grammatically correct. I mean, come on! How can we let ourselves chase away a guy that it is actually possible to understand?!?!

Which is why I don't really want to go all out arguing with him. He's smart. I like smart people. I just disagree with him.

I would like to point out to you, Miguzihater, that all animation started with Disney. The Japense, way back, decades ago, saw Walt Disney's animated shorts, and said "Wow, those are cool, let's do stuff like that." Thus, they copied the big eyes and such, and made cartoons of their own. The big eyes that are so steryotypically 'anime' are derived from American animation.

See, anime is just a word that means 'animation'.

Me? I don't like anime. I like cartoons. I don't care where it comes from, as long as it's good. Both sides of the pond we call the Pacific Ocean make good stuff, and both make crap too.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Jan 10, 2005 5:35 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
I think it's redundant to say Miguzi sucks. It's like saying cartoons that suck suck. Miguzi wasn't made for us. It was made for what people think is CN's target audience. Taking it seriously just makes them think that we think it's targeted at us, which reinforces the idea that the 5-10 set IS the target audience of all of CN. Ignore it. It won't go away.
PostTue Jan 11, 2005 7:44 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
ROBRAM89 wrote:
I think it's redundant to say Miguzi sucks. It's like saying cartoons that suck suck. Miguzi wasn't made for us. It was made for what people think is CN's target audience. Taking it seriously just makes them think that we think it's targeted at us, which reinforces the idea that the 5-10 set IS the target audience of all of CN. Ignore it. It won't go away.

It wasn't made for what "people think is CN's target audience." Nor was it made for CN's target audience. It was made for CN's target audience AT THAT PARTICULAR TIME PERIOD. CN's execs made a decision. The fact that the ratings keep going up shows that they were right. They can reach the most people by continuing on their current path. For the last time, CN is not about YOU, it's about making money. WE dont' care about ratings, but CN does. If it didn't, it would suck more than you say that it does. CN has done GREAT things in the past few years because it actaully listens to what the people want. If you don't believe me when I say that, then you're wrong. It really is that simple.

PostTue Jan 11, 2005 8:26 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
I didn't say Miguzi was a bad thing or that the people at CN who created it were making a mistake or misjudging their target audience. It works for its target audience. All I'm saying is that CN and animation in general is perceived by many as being for kids, and that getting upset over a kid's block reinforces this. Quoth the immortal 95 Theses of Fandumb:

#6. Pokemon, Card Captor Sakura, Sailor Moon, et al are toy ads
in Japan and they're toy ads in the states. If you spend time
arguing about how much better the Japanese edition of Pocket
Monsters is than Pokemon, we encourage you to jump off a
bridge. If you are buying Pokemon fansubs so that you can see
the "pure" version, you deserve to get ripped off.

Don't obsess over kid's anime. Stop validating people's view of anime by ranting about Miguzi in the same forum as we do about Toonami. Saying Miguzi sucks is like insulting the acting in Teletubbies. Watch what you like. They're not ramming it down your throat.
PostTue Jan 11, 2005 9:02 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
ROBRAM89 wrote:
Quoth the immortal 95 Theses of Fandumb:

\o
w00t!

Very Happy
PostWed Jan 12, 2005 3:43 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
(shakes head)
When creating an argument for this forum read through the forum before hitting POST. This is an important first step.

Second step is to relize that at 4-7pm is not the hours to show Trigun, Gundam and Dragonball ABC/PDQ/XYZ. Thats what Adult Swim exists for. And if you say that its on to late then you need to spend the $30 for a VCR or join the TiVO generation.

Everytime I miss Toonami during the weekdays i remember the Dragonball marathons. I remember the Thundercats (which i like), Sailor Moon, Hamtaro, Powerpuff girls editions of it. Go look through the digital archives and you will see what has been in that block. Now we have Fullmetal Alchemist, Read or Die, Inuyasha, Kenshin and others late at night. And of course there re-running Big O again (thank you CN).

The way the schedule is set now is far better then it was in the past. Now if i could just get Boomerang to show a block of mid to late 80's cartoons id be happy
PostWed Jan 12, 2005 11:10 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Berserk_Fury

Post subject:
adult swim is way too late. I don't know about you, but when I have to get up at 6 in the morning to go to school, I don't stay up watching TV untill 3 AM. Adult swim starts at 11 PM and thats about the time I go to sleep. I could stay a little later, but at least untill midnight all they show is adult humor (which I think is kinda stupid). If you were to move some good anime on weeknights at about 10 PM I would be really happy.

And I just have to say this: I don't really mind the maguzi shows because I can watch static shock and teen titans without getting agrivated, but what the heck is up is maguzi "itself". Damn, that blob really pisses me of. And what about that little girl. Why in the world would she hang out with some blobs living under the sea every single day?!?! Every time I see one of those "monsters" I just dream about me going there and beating the cr*p out of them. No offence but I hate them so badly. And as some of you say: "If you don't like it, don't watch it". Well, as I told you before I like static and teen titans and I can't watch those shows without looking at those blobs living under the sea.
PostWed Jan 12, 2005 5:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Berserk_Fury wrote:
If you were to move some good anime on weeknights at about 10 PM I would be really happy.
*snip*

Well, as I told you before I like static and teen titans and I can't watch those shows without looking at those blobs living under the sea.

Static Shock and Teen Titans currently air every Monday-Thursday at 10:00 PM.
So you get two shows you like and no "annoying blobs". Sure, they're not anime, but half a loaf and all that... Wink
PostWed Jan 12, 2005 5:22 pm
Berserk_Fury

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Sure, they're not anime, but half a loaf and all that... Wink

exactly, And I meant some real anime
PostWed Jan 12, 2005 5:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Berserk_Fury wrote:
exactly, And I meant some real anime

Too bad for you, then. *shrug*

Better buy a VCR to record your precious [as].
PostWed Jan 12, 2005 6:04 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobu is right. Buy a VCR and a few tapes for 30 bucks. Learn to use it. Record all the shows you want. Watch them when you come home. Actually, watch them after you finish your homework. Homework is imortant. There aren't enough educated people in this country.

Remember kiddies, stay in school! And don't do crack!

PostWed Jan 12, 2005 9:03 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Berserk_Fury wrote:
beating the cr*p out of them

Did you just self-censor the word "crap?"
PostWed Jan 12, 2005 9:18 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, I sure didn't do it.

PostWed Jan 12, 2005 10:43 pm
Berserk_Fury

Post subject:
well, I watch TV and play videogames before I do Homework and I never study, but I still manage to get a 90 average in my High school.
PostThu Jan 13, 2005 6:09 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Berserk_Fury wrote:
well, I watch TV and play videogames before I do Homework and I never study, but I still manage to get a 90 average in my High school.

Welcome to Mediocre Standards High.
PostThu Jan 13, 2005 7:12 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: