нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Animation News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Animation News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dreamworks and Disney have both announcecd November 5th, 2004 as the release dates for their upcoming animated films SHARKSLAYER and THE INCREDIBLES, respectively. SHARKSLAYER is being animated by PID, while THE INCREDIBLES is Pixar's next. "I am not willing to have this turn into nothing but a media circus," DreamWorks marketing chief Terry Press said. "Everyone will only be distracted from the quality of both films by this kind of playground behavior."

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostThu Jun 05, 2003 11:50 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
"I am not willing to have this turn into nothing but a media circus," DreamWorks marketing chief Terry Press said. "Everyone will only be distracted from the quality of both films by this kind of playground behavior."

I'm missing something here...Playground behavior? Confused

As far as BTTF: I'm siding with Zemeckis and Co.
PostFri Jun 06, 2003 5:48 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
With Finding Nemo barely a week out of the gates, Pixar has a teaser trailer available for their next Pix/Dis collaboration, The Incredibles, apparently a superhero spoof:
http://www.pixar.com/theater/trailers/incredibles/index.html

Let's hope MGM doesn't sue Disney for using the theme to On Her Majesty's Secret Service in the trailer...
PostSat Jun 07, 2003 1:56 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Um...as far as I know Disney owns MGM.
PostSat Jun 07, 2003 10:51 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
Um...as far as I know Disney owns MGM.

Nope.
PostSat Jun 07, 2003 4:00 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
But...isn't MGM studios in WDW?. If they have a damn theme park devoted to the company wouldn't they have some kind of partnership.
PostSat Jun 07, 2003 7:11 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
As far as the music, a lot of teaser trailers use outsourced music because the movie score is still being worked on. I noticed the Rudy theme running through the first Seabiscuit trailer. Then it's just a matter of paying for the usage.
PostSat Jun 07, 2003 8:51 pm
AngelKnight2780

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Spookmonkey wrote:
"I am not willing to have this turn into nothing but a media circus," DreamWorks marketing chief Terry Press said. "Everyone will only be distracted from the quality of both films by this kind of playground behavior."

I'm missing something here...Playground behavior? Confused

As far as BTTF: I'm siding with Zemeckis and Co.

It's a classic Disney tactic for controlling the animation market - they'll counterprogram to reduce the audience draws for animation from other studios.
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 3:38 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
AngelKnight2780 wrote:
It's a classic Disney tactic for controlling the animation market - they'll counterprogram to reduce the audience draws for animation from other studios.

Actually that's a fairly classic release tactic for any and every studio. It's just more visibly done with Animation since there aren't nearly as many competitors in their market pool.

PostTue Jun 10, 2003 12:26 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
[ Staff Login ]

New Sailor Moon?
Posted by angels95 on Sunday, June 8 2003

Article from the Anime News Network:

"The July issue of Young You magazine has a statement from Naoko Takeuchi, the original creator of Sailor Moon, officially announcing the new Sailor Moon TV series that will air on Japanese TV this fall.

The TV series will be a live action show produced by Toei. Takeuchi says, "It was decided that Sailor Moon will be brought to TV again, this time as a live action series," and that she is looking forward to seing it.

More details ahsould be available soon, Takeuchi suggests that fans watch for announcements in newspapers and magazines and on the Sailor Moon website."
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 4:33 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Good what we need more 14-16 year old school girls in their own show.

ACK! What we're they thinking?! Was Hamtaro the live action gameshow already taken

(sits down and cries)
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 12:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Classic Media is banking on the popularity of popular Rocky & Bullwinkle characters Mr. Peabody and Sherman (Rob Minkoff, currently directing Haunted Mansion, recently signed on with Columbia) for a live-action/CGI movie. Also in the works is a live-action/computer-animated version of Underdog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robots, 20th Century Fox Animation and Blue Sky Studio's eagerly awaited follow-up to Ice Age, will be powered by the celebrity voice- over work of Ewan McGregor, Halle Berry and Mel Brooks. The computer-animated movie, under the helm of director Chris Wedge, has been in production for two months, and is set for release March 11, 2005.

The whimsical Robots, scripted by Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel (CITY SLICKERS), and based on a story by playwright David Lindsay-Abair, actually began as a collaboration between Wedge and Rolie Polie Olie author William Joyce. Set in a unique world of 'bots, it's a the story of a young genius who falls in love with a sexy exec and sets out to prove that robots can improve the planet.

Other celebrity voice work will be turned in by Drew Carey, Jim Broadbent, Stanley Tucci, Dianne Wiest, Jennifer Coolidge, Paul Giamatti, Dan Hedaya, D.L. Hughley, Jamie Kennedy, Harland Williams, Sofia Vergara and Amanda Bynes.

Fox's global marketing plan is already in place. Partnerships include Mattel, Burger King, Kellogg's, Keebler, Hewlett Packard, HarperCollins and Vivendi Universal Games.

Robots is one of eight CG-animated projects in the works by Fox/Blue Sky, including an Ice Age sequel scheduled for 2006.
PostMon Jun 16, 2003 9:29 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Topps Co., maker of trading cards and Bazooka bubble gum, Thursday said the European Union Commission found that the company's Pokémon stickers and card may have violated antitrust laws.

The European Commission claimed in a "statement of objections" that Topps' European unit and distributors used an elaborate strategy to prevent imports from low-price to high-price countries in the European Union.

The New York-based company said that its European units are planning a full response to the commission's claim and that it will "vigorously defend its interests" in the matter.

The European Commission began its inquiries about the Pokémon products in November 2000, but the statement of objections sent to Topps represents the first formal step in the investigation.

The company warned in its recent annual report that any adverse outcome could result in a substantial fine.

Topps shares closed Thursday on the Nasdaq Stock Market at $8.78, down 12 cents, or 1.3 percent.
PostFri Jun 20, 2003 6:00 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
In a special "Adult Swim News" interstitial, Brak himself confirmed that "The Brak Show", which has been requested by fans to return, will return in September with episodes picked by the fans. Then, on October 3rd, the first of thirteen new episodes will premiere.

Additionally, Cowboy Bebop, gone barely a week, has been given a return date: September. The show left Adult Swim after being on the block for over a year and a half last week.

Finally, Adult Swim confirmed that new Space Ghost Coast to Coast scripts are in the works. These include interviews with William Shatner and Dennis Miller, and the episodes will be completed by Thanksgiving.

PostMon Jun 23, 2003 12:52 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I saw the B&W Card (as I think the AS promo thingys should be called) regarding CB. Didn't they also say they would be showing Knocking on Heaven's Door, in addition to re-airing CB? Or am I insane . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 7:49 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 10 of 21

Jump to: