нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Most Wanted
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Most Wanted
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMilkJunkie

Post subject: Most Wanted
what animes would you like to see on Adult Swim... for me first and foremost is Naruto... its not a kid show (relative opinion) and it shouldnt be on toonami

2 FullMetal Panic (army idiot * no social skills + High School girl = hilarity)
3 Bleach (new hotness being pumped outta japan... gonna be hard to ig)
4 Love Hina (second most funny anime ever... and its cute)

:modded- no picture signatures allowed:

Last edited by TheMilkJunkie on Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
PostFri Nov 11, 2005 2:31 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Every anime you've mentioned is aimes squarely at teenagers. Toonami would be a far better place for all of them as far as target demographics go. Yes, Naruto is for kids. Just like DBZ, Yu Yu Hakashu, and Inu Yasha.
PostFri Nov 11, 2005 3:17 am
TheMilkJunkie

Post subject:
have you seen the uncensored versions of half of those shows... if you did youd know that Naruto curses like crazy theres an obscene amount of blood in Naruto and please dont get me started on DBZ... you Americans have no idea what these shows are like before theyre on Cartoon Network...

and anyways most anime is sadly for teenagers but damn right i aint no kid and i dont watch crappy shows for 13year old girls... get it right... i cant tell the studios to make every anime as adult as Evangelion but trust me when i say if i could make mainstream anime more like Eva and FLCL and whatnot i would...

yeah the ones i proposed are made for peeps 17+ but hey remember what your watching and where... i was very consious of that when i wrote that list (it actually took me a while to think up popular shows that have a bit of a hell of a chance to make it to these horrible and censored shores) so yeah... thats what i got...

and toonami is no place for any of that cuz theres to much sexual innuendo and blood for toonami... i mean seriously isnt the average toonami watcher like 14 or someting come ON... Toonami went to hell the day they cut off Outlaw Star... at least Adult swim has the balls to put some real shows on with very little censoring (ie Samurai Champloo) ....

PS ... i hope youve seen an anime the way it was originally made before the FCC and publishers mutilate it for American Teens... i swear watch Naruto in Japanese uncensored and count how many times he says "Believe it!!!!" itll be negative a billion... i wouldnt rate anime by how its shown in america cuz it sucks... badly if i culd convey how bad american anime is id write volumes... but you just have to see for yourself...
PostFri Nov 11, 2005 1:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wow, up until now I thought you were just overzealous. Now I think you're retarded. You come to a forum for Toonami and Anime fans, and try to tell us that we don't know what the original shows are like? Bullshit. We know better than you not only what hte originals are, but also what demographic they aim to and why they air where they do. We've spent years watching how companies opperate, we've spent time learning to understand their logic and understand why it is they make decisions. You blatantly, from what you post, have no idea how the industry actually works, and yet you tell us that we don't know?

Don't ever walk into someone's house and tell them they are ignorant. Ever. It's just bad form.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Nov 11, 2005 2:31 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Though he did say it very coherently. The problem, MilkJunkie, is that all these shows are aimed at children in Japan. It's just that Americans don't consider some of the more violent and sexual themes appropriate for the same age group that others do.
PostFri Nov 11, 2005 3:21 pm
TheMilkJunkie

Post subject: Compeletely Unnecessary
counterparadox wrote:
Wow, up until now I thought you were just overzealous. Now I think you're retarded. You come to a forum for Toonamie and Anime fans, and try to tell us that we don't know what the original shows are like? Bullshit. We know better than you not only what hte originals are, but also what demographic they aim to and why they air where they do. We've spent years watching how companies opperate, we've spent time learning to understand their logic and understand why it is they make decisions. You blatantly, from what you post, have no idea how the industry actually works, and yet you tell us that we don't know?

Don't ever walk into someone's house and tell them they are ignorant. Ever. It's just bad form.

ummm .. whoa totally unneccesary... one i been watchin toonami and adult swim from day one... two i know damn well how the industry works and three i never said anyone was ignorant ok ... and four i know all about the shows i bring up and i know all about why ahen and where they are but none of that has anything to do with anything... get it right before you start cuz apparnently you completely misunderstand what im saying and thats your fault for being closed minded?!?! k it aint that serious

i been an anime fan since Dragonball Z first premierd on WB at 5:30 in the mornins almost fifteen years ago so dont try to school me on what you think i dont know... that right there is being ignorant...

@ john_bono

point taken but when the age group is moved up and the violence/sexuality toned down you end up with a mishmash of shows in blocks that they probably shouldnt belong in

the point i didnt make previously is that people should decide on one thing to do (censoring or rasing the age designation) instead of both resulting in a mutilated show ... Naruto is great in america and im glad to see it brought over i just want to be heard when i say that the way its shown isnt the way it was meant to be...

.... im still mad no one has actually answered the point of this thread besides me everyones has taken the time to argue about it instead of just answering it first Rolling Eyes

ps @ counterparadox
i know ur a mod but how could you have formed any kind of opinon about me when ive been only been here since yesterday... no fair... and you say overzealous like its a bad thing...
PostFri Nov 11, 2005 4:53 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Compeletely Unnecessary
TheMilkJunkie wrote:
Naruto is great in america and im glad to see it brought over i just want to be heard when i say that the way its shown isnt the way it was meant to be...

That's what the DVD's are for. Viz has to make their money back by broadcasting it to the people to whom this show appeals the most- kids.

AS should be used to broadcast shows that appeal to adults and older teens, not as an excuse to run less-edited shows that would have greater appeal to kids and younger teens (yes, this means Naruto and Bleach) who would watch Toonami. We're past those days of Toonami filler on AS. And I'm one of those people who would rather have more shows in the vein of Paranoia Agent and GitS:SAC and fewer Inu-Yashas and their ilk.

Place the shows to the intended audience. If edits are needed to get it to that audience, so be it.
PostFri Nov 11, 2005 6:02 pm
TheMilkJunkie

Post subject:
okok i get it i get it (although i know alot of people that would strongly disagree including me on who some of these shows are for) for the sake of reason ill let it go... but beknown... people like me dont have money to dump on dvds everytime a good show comes along

i never got into paranoia agent cuz i heard too many rumors about it but for examples sake i couldnt compare everything but according to you shows like Case Closed, Gundam, and FullMetal Alchemist should be on Toonami... thats how im reading it...but hey maybe should change the title of this thread since still NO ONE has posted anything on the actual topic
PostFri Nov 11, 2005 6:39 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
TheMilkJunkie wrote:
according to you shows like Case Closed, Gundam, and FullMetal Alchemist should be on Toonami...

Yes, yes and maybe, although FMA, like Eva, would be almost impossible to edit to Toonami standards without rendering the story virtually incomprehensible.
As for something I'd want on [as]... I'm not sure. Maybe Gankutsuou (The Count of Monte Cristo...in space! Wink ) and Planetes (trash collectors...in space!) would be good fits.
PostFri Nov 11, 2005 7:29 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
I think that if adult swim,toonami and cartoon network were different channels,everything would be solved. Adult Swim changes its name and airs more mature anime.Toonami airs teen targeted anime.Cartoon network just airs animation for overall audiences. No editing, no censoring, and no more crap. That should be what happens.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostFri Nov 11, 2005 10:32 pm
TheMilkJunkie

Post subject:
hmmm im always on the lookout for new anime... are those good?ive heard of Planetes (which looks good) but not the other one ... there are so many good animes i know that would fit toonami and adult swim...

ever heard of Ring Ni Kakero... itd be awesome to see that on toonami
for adult swim id say add Great Teacher Onizuka and His and Her Circumstances

...my humble opinion

@ Vegito
ive never heard anything more right in my life... i been sayin that for YEARS...finally someone else says it... my work here is done Cool
PostFri Nov 11, 2005 10:40 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
You actually agree? I thought I was the only person who thought that. It should be done, that would be perfect.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostFri Nov 11, 2005 10:46 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
TheMilkJunkie wrote:
hmmm im always on the lookout for new anime... are those good?ive heard of Planetes (which looks good) but not the other one ... there are so many good animes i know that would fit toonami and adult swim...

Sadly, Planetes is currently mired in the middle of my "to watch" pile, but I like the idea of having hard-science fiction stories being shown. As for Gankutsuou, it's a classic story, just with a science fantasy spin. The art direction is the real kicker though- the characters appear like figures moving across stained glass. Sweet eyecandy for sure. Cool

Quote:
ever heard of Ring Ni Kakero... itd be awesome to see that on toonami

I hadn't, but if we're going with boxing, I'll have to support Hajime no Ippo first. *waves to Goldfinger*

Quote:
for adult swim id say add Great Teacher Onizuka and His and Her Circumstances

If WS could wrest the GTO TV rights from Showtime, I'd be all for it.
And Kare Kano would certainly be a welcome change of pace, at least through the first 2/3rds of the series. Wink

V_(^_^)
PostFri Nov 11, 2005 11:07 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Whoa Whoa Whoa, I leave the forums for three days and we get another dipshit? Damn, I miss all the good "grow the fuck up" moments. Oh well, someone still needs to put this... otaku in his place. For reasons like this, i'm glad i'm not a mod tied down with setting a good example.

Alright milkjunkie, before I put you in your place, we need to clarify something. Typing like a ten-year old will never, ever get anyone to believe a word you have to say. If you're going to bring up a rant or even post on an unfamiliar message board, its only common sense that you would want to make the best impression you could. Consider your failure here as a learning experience.

Ok then, lets get to the good part.

Of the shows you listed that you would want on AS, only bleach has a chance of being aired. Let me explain my reasoning:

1st - Naruto is a kids show, period. That was its original demographic in Japan but because, I assume, you grew up in the United States, your view on what is mature and risky is greatly different from that of the Japanese.
Because that was already explained to you before, I'm not going into further detail about that.

1st - Part B - The toonami edit of Naruto has been superb thus far. With the US edit having the highest TV rating ever seen on Toonami much less Prime Time Cartoon Network, we've all been fortunate to have the entire original soundtrack left in, the story completely intact, and only minor edits that still actually hint around at what just happened. As for the original Intro and Ending, get over it. Those could not, and will not be brought over due to licensing issues. If you still feel the need to be pissy about those, then download the originals from our massive collection of high quality RAW intros and endings.

1st - Part C - As far as Naruto constantly saying "Believe It!", that is exactly what he says in the anime, and just as god damn frequent. Ever wonder where the Speed-sub group "Dattebayo" got their name? Its the word that the Japanese Naruto says at least 30 times an episode. While we're on the subject of the Naruto Fansubs, I hope you realize that fansub groups will use whatever word or phrase they feel better portays the emotion in a situation, even if the original dialouge didn't use curse words. Basing your views on what fansubbers produce is ignorant and will always come back to bite you in the ass.

2nd - Bleach, while still aimed at a teenage demographic in Japan, will never air on Toonami. Because of the amount of blood, violence, mentions of death and religion, and the fact that to edit those out would result in massive episode cuts, this series will never air on Toonami (unless America continues to become corrupt and numb to 'bad' things). I personally believe this show would be great on AS. Its at about the same level as Scryed and Inuyasha, so it would fit in just fine. Also, I've got high quality RAWs of every intro and ending, including all those damn custom endings used to introduce the squads. That show better air on AS because i'll be pissed if I got those for Tyler for no reason.

3rd - Love Hina: the anime is horrible. It started out alright but quickly became an insult to the manga which far surpassed it. The story in the anime is laughable and to air that on AS would actually bring the channel down, more so then Tom goes to the Mayor. Love Hina has no place on AS.

Now, as far as your general perception of the members on this board. The vast majority of us either watch the fansubs, watch the fansubs after its licensed and until the DVDs are available, or watch the Dubs on TV, only to later on buy the Uncut DVDs. To make the assumption that we haven't seen a given anime as it was meant to be seen is wrong. For me personally, I rarely get fansubs anymore. I perfer to see it as it was originally intended: in RAW format. When you reach that point, then we can talk about who has really seen the program as it was meant.

Finally, when you claim that the majority of anime fans disagree with our views of Naruto being aimed towards kids, you need to think outside the box. There are more fans then what you find on Narutofan.com. The people at sites like those refer to themselves as 'Otaku' like it was a good thing. Anyone who has a informed opinion knows that Otaku is more of an insult. However, because you've probably hung around those types of fans longer than you've been here, I'll forgive you based that hanging around people with only one opinion tends to corrupt a persons judgement.

Now that I have spoken my mind about your imperfection, i'll answer your original question. These are the shows that I want aired on Adult Swim:

- Bleach
- Macross Zero and/or Macross Plus
- Scrapped Princess
- Gun Buster
PostFri Nov 11, 2005 11:34 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
KingSpanky wrote:
1st - Part B - As for the original Intro and Ending, get over it. Those could not, and will not be brought over due to licensing issues.
I thought the original intros/endings were left off the Toonami run because of time constraints, not because Viz doesn't have them. If you have a source saying Viz doesn't have them, please link to it.

KingSpanky wrote:
1st - Part C - I hope you realize that fansub groups will use whatever word or phrase they feel better portays the emotion in a situation, even if the original dialouge didn't use curse words. Basing your views on what fansubbers produce is ignorant and will always come back to bite you in the ass.
Nooooo! Fansub groups can do no wrong and all their translations should be considered gospel.

KingSpanky wrote:
Now, as far as your general perception of the members on this board. The vast majority of us either watch the fansubs, watch the fansubs after its licensed and until the DVDs are available, or watch the Dubs on TV, only to later on buy the Uncut DVDs.
I don't understand why people whom all they watch is fansubs complain about the anime when it's shown on CN or U.S. TV. They've already seen the series uncut, why even bother complaining about the U.S. version when they're not going to buy the DVDs anyway?
PostSat Nov 12, 2005 1:38 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: