нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
How do you know the fansubbers put in the exact english translation of what was said? I've always wondered this. Honestly, why do you trust them over the official version? They're FANS. Hence the name. What, do you trust it more because they make it sound cooler?

Of course I know the fansubbers translation is not always right then again it doesn't mean the official translation is right either. It's hard to translate any language into one right, in the sometimes the words used just make the most sense. I do download fan subs of anime that isn't here in the US. I usually pick up the DVD's when I get the chance(If I liked the series). I do know people who tend to only buy fan subs and are pleased with how much cheaper they are. But hey to each his own I guess.
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 6:59 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok then, To each his own. I like the dub, you like the sub, we BOTH like the show. I think that's a good agreement. Don't you?

And JJc, you were right. Today's episode was INCREDIBLY good. I just wish they didn't have to edit out some of the stuff. Wouldn't have made it much cooler to see Kenshi actually get hit and bleed (I thought he had doged it at first) and to see Jinai (sp?) kill himself. But man, when Kenshin used his sheath that was so damn sweet . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 7:56 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I was never saying you we're wrong I was stating something. I agree with this fight was great. I can't wait to see the later fights.
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 8:01 pm
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
Haha....I usually don't mind the CN dubbs....because I usually only see fansubs, but if you see the ADV dubs first, its a whole lot better then what CN does....but it still doesn't compare with actually knowing japanese(I wish i could speak it)
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 8:44 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
endy wrote:
now now.. its only piracy if the anime is licsenced in the states.. no your facts man.

Bullshit. Don't even try patronizing me. Read some law books sometime. I'm not talking about stuff that's already released to the states.

Quote:
Fansubs are this: fans sub an anime (trust me you can TELL if its a bad sub) and let ppl dl it for FREE. Ok? then once it gets licsenced the distributation STOPS.

Except...
Quote:
Yeah, it doesn't always stop*emphasis added*

And that's the problem I have with it. If there's an official release, you shouldn't download any portion of the show in question. Period. Otherwise, you're a THIEF. That's the way I feel, and the way I conduct myself. YMMV.

Quote:
Now I won't lie, I do get some liscenced anime, but really.. no one cares..

So that makes it all right?
Quote:
Seriously.. if people can get free music off of kazaa why can't I get anime off IRC? Hm?

Maybe you shouldn't be able to, hmm?

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 8:44 pm
endy

Post subject:
hm, I don't know about the whole subs warping your mind to demand perection thing.. but really, if you see a sub.. be sure to at least take a look at it. I don't see why you wouldn't want to see an anime with someone with better voices and emotion O_o..
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 9:09 pm
endy

Post subject:
if its liscened, it's illegal, if its not its fine O_o.. thats true.

ANyway, doesn't matter.. sure TECHNICALLY it's illegal.. but no one is stopping us.. no one is enforcing the laws.. and no one really fucking cares.. so what If I'm some "theif".. I get my anime.
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 9:12 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
tuesday night:

the fated battle between kenshin and jinnai takes place, with the latter initially still having the upper hand...using his paralyzation technique to it's extreme, he freezes karou's lungs and forces kenshin to tap into his "battousai" side to defeat and nearly kill him...

some notes again:

- yes, some blood was missed, and jinnai's suicide at the end was very muffled, but i think the point got across, and that's really all that matters...

- a few things i didn't expect was jinnai cracking his nose back into place and his arm bending the wrong way, though the latter probably affects me more as i've suffered a similar injury in the past...kudos to toonami on letting these pass...

- probably expected by now, but i initially feared the ending with karou's ribbon being bloodstained...glad to see it wasn't like that outlaw star edit with jim looking into his hand and asking the edit team "what the hell is this?"

overall, i really like this episode, as kenshin is forced to his extremes to pull through and jinnai is one of my favorite antagonists in the series...without the episode previews though, i can't remember what comes tomorrow, so i'll be as initially suprised as anyone else...
PostWed Mar 26, 2003 8:56 am
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
Sorry, I thought you meant I was ignorant..my bad, anyway I suppose it could be worse..CM showed ep 1 then 6 then 25 of Nadesico..I mean that was wierd in that when you watch the whole series those episodes are fantastic, but when you just see those, the ep happen to not really spoil anything and if they do, you don't know cause you didn't see the other eps, at least kenshin isn't like that..although cough go and watch nadesico..love that show and the movie rocks..Cartoon Network the best place to get you interested in stuff so you can go out and get the uncut version..tee hee.
PostWed Mar 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well there go our fears. At the end of today's ep Sanasuke mentioned Opium when megumi dropped a piece of it on the ground. Hopefully they'll keep it this way.
PostWed Mar 26, 2003 8:52 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
[edited to possibly correct spelling]

JJc14 wrote:
i was thinking about how toonami would handle some edits earlier today, and while most of their troubles wouldn't occur until we're far into the series, i'm wondering how they'll tackle the issue of a drug on their block...

i won't say anything to spoil what happens, but opium plays a major role early on in one of the adventures...any guesses as to how they'll get around that one?

well, damn, i certainly wasn't expecting the answer i got...

wednesday night:

we get introduced to megumi, who runs into kenshin and sano while in pursuit...they bail her out and bring her back to karou's dojo, for a hilarious sequence between megumi, kenshin, and karou...

of course, some big-shot's not very happy about her running off, and with the help of the legendary obiwaban group, he plans to get her back...the "kenshin group" manages to hold off two attackers, though yahiko get poisoned in the process...while megumi sets to remove it, sano finds a few packets of opium, relating back to a recent death of a close friend, which causes him to be suspicious...

wait...

::rereads the last sentence::

i did hear that, right?

i certainly didn't expect a drug to make it on toonami without some sort of coverup...of course, jinnai still wasn't allowed to smoke a cigarette yesterday, but damn...

as for the episode itself, a nice mix of comedy and action...good to see sano get some face time in battle as well as yahiko's involvement...the saga continues tomorrow...

...opium?
PostWed Mar 26, 2003 8:59 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
It's even more amazing when you consider Jet wasn't even allowed to have a Marijuana leaf on his shirt.
PostWed Mar 26, 2003 9:14 pm
GoufCustom

Post subject:
Excuse my off-topicness, but in what episode did Jet wear a Marijuana leaf? Very Happy Question
PostWed Mar 26, 2003 10:30 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Cowboy Funk
PostWed Mar 26, 2003 11:34 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
yahiko get poisoned in the process...while megumi sets to remove it, sano finds a few packets of opium, relating back to a recent death of a close friend, which causes him to be suspicious...

wait...

::rereads the last sentence::

i did hear that, right?

i certainly didn't expect a drug to make it on toonami without some sort of coverup...of course, jinnai still wasn't allowed to smoke a cigarette yesterday, but damn...

as for the episode itself, a nice mix of comedy and action...good to see sano get some face time in battle as well as yahiko's involvement...the saga continues tomorrow...

...opium?

It's not like they're openly promoting opium use, is it? Being Toonami- and Kenshin-impaired, are there future consequences to this discovery that would *ahem* discourage the home audience to go out to their local den and get lit?
I could see it being kept in if "tragic circumstances" occur down the line...
But I don't know anything.
PostThu Mar 27, 2003 12:41 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 8 of 29

Jump to: