нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - 4Kids needs to die.
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
4Kids needs to die.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Luffy's Japanese voice was done by a woman. It's supposed to be high (Japan's weird).

And you're right. It DOES take a lot of effort to make a good show bad. Any One Piece fan could've made some suggestions about direction or voice cast.

I don't even think their 2-11 demographic finds "PUmans" to be remotely funny.
PostMon May 23, 2005 2:19 pm
LordOfTheFlies

Post subject:
My first post on this forum...Hurrah I suppose.

Anyway, coming from naruto based forums where is so dub-biased that they even bash the FMA, Samurai Champloo, and Kenshin dub calling them "complete garabge" It is good to see there are people who appreciate dubs like myself...But I do agree that 4Kids crossed the line with One Piece, it is totally and completely destroyed.

Regardless of editing guns into super soakers and hammers, or putting people into "a coma" the severe editing, deleting, and merging of episodes by 4Kids is damaging the story.

Today I watched the conclusion of Arlong vs. Luffy, having seen the original about 40% of that fight was left out, including the most dramatic moment where Arlong gloats about Nami being his slave forever (they included a little of it with poor dialouge that was totally opposite of what was going on originally). Also the destruction of Arlongs saw blade was left out...Which meant in the dub one minute he had a giant saw and the next minute he didn't....Which was odd.

Even worse was the previous episode, where they showed Arlong picking up Zoro by the neck but cut out Luffy saving him, meaning one minute you saw Arlong holding Zoro then the next Arlong had both hands free and Zoro was nowhere to be found.

The point of writing those 2 incidents, is to show that 4kids isn't just editing out blood and gore they are destroying the very fabric and plot of the show.
PostSat Jun 25, 2005 4:15 pm
Laughingman

Post subject:
So true, but 4kids fans don't see that. Infact they're suggesting more shows be subjected to that kind of treatment.

Look here:

http://www.4kids.tv/forum/showthread.php?t=1635

I shudder at the thought of the otaku reaction to this. If 4kids hacks up Bleach they could get killed at the next Anime Next covention.
PostSat Jun 25, 2005 5:14 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Laughingman wrote:
http://www.4kids.tv/forum/showthread.php?t=1635

Bleach wrote:
ViciousMan wrote:
No, Bleach belongs on Cartoon Network. I would hate to see Bleach on 4Kids TV. Cartoon Network makes less edits.

Does it matter? They'll be releasing uncut dvds Mr. Green not a big deal!

My brain cells... They've imploded. Sad

Also, don't you think 4Kids would at least censor the posts that cry about how 4Kids "butchers this" and suggests that other companies get show X instead of them? I find it surprising that 4Kids lets this stuff go. It's like they don't even monitor the place.
PostSat Jun 25, 2005 5:57 pm
Laughingman

Post subject:
Smile Well unlike FUNimation 4kids dosen't really try tocater to their fans opinions, for example no uncut One Piece DVD's. Shouldn't really be a surprise that they don't monitor their own boards. Confused
PostSat Jun 25, 2005 6:26 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, thanks to 4kids not releasing the Uncut DVDs I have absolutely no issues with downloading the fansubs. If they will not release the original product I refuse to pay for a cheap imatation. Thank you 4kids for saving me oh so much money.
PostSun Jun 26, 2005 3:25 am
Laughingman

Post subject:
Appearently 4kids never planned to release uncut One Piece DVD's

link:

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=144286

Well there goes my hope of seeing what was so appealing about the original One Piece. At least they got GONZO to make G.I. Joe anime, but 4kids probably mess that up as well. Mad

On second thought this came from GAMEFAQ, disregard this post.
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 8:25 pm
DonutHead41

Post subject:
You think 4Kids is bad? What about DiC's slaughtering of various anime?
PostThu Jun 30, 2005 11:50 am
Laughingman

Post subject:
Well Dic hasn't been doing anything as of late, the last time they messed with a anime was Sailormoon. Nelvana also ruined Cardcaptor Sakura,
but they also haven't done any thing recently. Only 4kids has been ruining good throughout this year like One Piece and Tokyo Mew Mew.
PostThu Jun 30, 2005 11:55 am
DonutHead41

Post subject:
Laughingman wrote:
Well Dic hasn't been doing anything as of late, the last time they messed with a anime was Sailormoon. Nelvana also ruined Cardcaptor Sakura,
but they also haven't done any thing recently. Only 4kids has been ruining good throughout this year like One Piece and Tokyo Mew Mew.

I think they went out of business. Scratch that, I hope they went out of business. They have done the worst American-made animes ever, and they make 4Kids look like a manna from heaven.

I don't even watch One Piece, because I hate the Fox Box.
PostThu Jun 30, 2005 11:57 am
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Keep in mind that those companies like DiC edited anime to be shown on stations over the airwaves. They have to seriously edit those shows to meet the incredibly strict regulations.
PostThu Jun 30, 2005 12:42 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Laughingman wrote:
Well Dic hasn't been doing anything as of late, the last time they messed with a anime was Sailormoon.

How quickly we've forgotten Knights of the Zodiac...
Quote:
Nelvana also ruined Cardcaptor Sakura,
but they also haven't done any thing recently.

And Beyblade. Wink
PostThu Jun 30, 2005 4:16 pm
Aioros_Gold_knight

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Laughingman wrote:
Well Dic hasn't been doing anything as of late, the last time they messed with a anime was Sailormoon.

How quickly we've forgotten Knights of the Zodiac...

yes well dic absolutely screwed up knights of the zodiac, i mean they absolutely butchered the series in general. they tried to be hip, and only ended up screwing up what in my opionon a great anime.
PostThu Jun 30, 2005 5:07 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
DonutHead41 wrote:
I think they went out of business. Scratch that, I hope they went out of business.

Actually, DiC is still around. They're just not really a relevent company anymore, since no one really pays attention to them. Razz Ever since they broke away from Disney 5 years ago, all their attempts to get back into the limelight were futile.
PostThu Jun 30, 2005 5:11 pm
Laughingman

Post subject:
A song that can sum up this thread

http://karlrolson.com/soy/solongkidspreview.mp3
PostFri Jul 01, 2005 4:53 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: