нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - OH EM GEE THE MOONINITES ARE KILLING BOSTON!!!111one
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
OH EM GEE THE MOONINITES ARE KILLING BOSTON!!!111one

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoReallyThisIsCP

Post subject: OH EM GEE THE MOONINITES ARE KILLING BOSTON!!!111one
So, I knew about this while it was going on, seeing as how I'm in the area. Here's a link to the story. REALLY surprised Daikun didn't make a mention of this story on the front page:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/01/31/D8N0HKF80.html

Basically, "suspicious packages" were found ALL OVER BOSTON, about 9 of them, attached to the undersides of bridges and in the subway stations. Bomb squads were called in, police were in a tizzy, highways and the subway were shut down . . . and the packages turned out to be promotions for the upcoming ATHF movie.

Supposedly there are similar packages in 9 other cities, but none have been found. Turner/Cartoon Network/Adult Swim are in REAL hot water. It's all really very funny. The bomb squad even DETONATED one of the packages in the very town that I'm in.
PostThu Feb 01, 2007 12:04 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: OH EM GEE THE MOONINITES ARE KILLING BOSTON!!!111one
NoReallyThisIsCP wrote:
The bomb squad even DETONATED one of the packages in the very town that I'm in.

I saw that.
I understand this tied up most of CNN's broadcast day as well.
(Breaking News! Live in Boston! Terror Plot by Moon People! Homeland Security Alert!)

L.O.L

They say there's no such thing as BAD publicity. Wink

Although I do feel sorry for the poor bastard they arrested for this.
Quote:
Peter Berdovsky, 27, of Arlington, was arrested on one felony charge of placing a hoax device and one charge of disorderly conduct, state Attorney General Martha Coakley said later Wednesday. He had been hired to place the devices, she said.

Authorities are investigating whether Turner and any other companies should be criminally charged, Coakley said. It wasn't immediately clear Wednesday who might have hired Berdovsky.

"We're not going to let this go without looking at the further roots of how this happened to cause the panic in this city," Coakley said at a news conference.

Berdovsky was arrested at 8:15 p.m. at his lawyer's office, Coakley said. His lawyer's name wasn't available, and phone number believed to be Berdovsky's did not accept messages.

Berdovsky planted many of the devices, Coakley said, although he is charged in connection with just one. He is to be arraigned Thursday in state court.

Berdovsky told The Boston Globe earlier Wednesday that he was an artist and installed the devices for an advertising company hired by Turner. He described himself as "a little kind of freaked out," the Globe reported.

The law under which Berdovsky was charged allows the state to pursue restitution. Mayor Thomas Menino said estimated the security scare may have cost the city more than $500,000.

Turner had better help pay for a good lawyer.

:add: *sigh* Apparently they've got two people in custody now... Somewhere up in the Moon, Err and Ignignokt are jumping around in complete triumph and spray-painting "THE MOON RULZ" on neighbor Carl's muscle car.
PostThu Feb 01, 2007 12:52 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
There have been a couple of them up on ebay now as well.

I just loved having CNN cover this. It was almost fitting in a way. How many copy cats are we going to see dropping these everywhere now?
PostThu Feb 01, 2007 10:06 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
http://wbztv.com/video/?cid=9&id=28369@wbz.dayport.com

These guys are my new heros.
PostFri Feb 02, 2007 3:44 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
This might the first time when someone was told by their lawyer "Dont talk about the case" that they didnt.

But its always good to learn about afroculture from someone in dreadlocks
PostSun Feb 04, 2007 8:37 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
If you haven't heard yet, the head of Cartoon Network has resigned, rightly or wrongly, in the wake of this incident.
Quote:
"It's my hope that my decision allows us to put this chapter behind us and get back to our mission of delivering unrivaled original animated entertainment for consumers of all ages," said Samples, who was the network's general manager and executive vice president.

He said he regretted what had happened and felt "compelled to step down, effective immediately, in recognition of the gravity of the situation that occurred under my watch."

Of course, that hasn't stopped Boston mayor Thomas Menino from being a pompous ass about the situation:

"I applaud Turner Broadcasting for taking full responsibility for the marketing campaign that caused major disruption in our city last week. I am pleased to know they have taken the incident seriously and action has been taken against the people who authorized it. The resignation of their top Cartoon Network executive should serve as a message to all that these types of marketing tactics will not and should not be tolerated."

Uh, yer honor?... It's your city management's over-reaction to having a few lite-brite signs stuck around town that caused the disruptions. kthxbye Rolling Eyes
PostSat Feb 10, 2007 7:32 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Surprised he didnt add "We expect the sacrifice of three goats and two virgins as well" to his speech. He should be happy he got the two million to use as he pleases.
PostSun Feb 11, 2007 10:34 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Samples is back, and now he's running another network: HGTV.
PostFri Sep 14, 2007 2:58 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: