нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - 'Betterman' question - spoilers ahoy
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
'Betterman' question - spoilers ahoy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightfall

Post subject: 'Betterman' question - spoilers ahoy
This is a show that I've been watching on TechTV. I have a question, and I trust only this bunch of lunatics to be able to answer it.

If anyone has seen this series, what happened to Sho & Kaede at the end?

The Scene: The Tyron is in the flooded area at the base of the complex, Kaede is laughing hysterically because of the influence of her baby (?) and Sho is looking worried a few minutes before the bombs fall.

Sakura and her dad (?!) are floating on some wreckage. Keita and Hinoki are taken to the beach near where they grew up. Ms. Huge Spectacles is killed to prevent further spread of Algernon.

What happens to Sho & Kaede?

Thanks in advance.
PostMon Aug 18, 2003 6:43 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well from what i saw i get the idea that kaede's child took over her body and used the synapse attack to kill both sho and kaede. However, somehow, the unborn child lived and was picked up by that girl in the end. I don't get how i can understand technobabble heavy shows and no one else can....that and i kept getting distracted by hinoki's rack ^_^.
PostMon Aug 18, 2003 8:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Continuing spoilers mode

FinalDivineDragoon wrote:
Well from what i saw i get the idea that kaede's child took over her body and used the synapse attack to kill both sho and kaede. However, somehow, the unborn child lived and was picked up by that girl in the end.

I need to review that part. My understanding was that Kaede regained control of herself just enough to fire off the synape attack to sacrifice herself, Sho and the baby. I don't remember the baby surviving.

Quote:
I don't get how i can understand technobabble heavy shows and no one else can....

Well, I thought I was following along pretty well. Confused

Quote:
that and i kept getting distracted by hinoki's rack ^_^.

Maybe you shouldn't watch Godanner then. (same character designer). Wink
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 8:52 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
What are you implying by that Nobu? Oh and i'm one if the few people who appreciated this series. If you go over to the techtv board all of the betterman topics are practically dead....mainly because they didn't make it past the technobabble, or we're too busy staring at hinoki's rack.
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 9:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
FinalDivineDragoon wrote:
What are you implying by that Nobu?

Who, me? Twisted Evil ...er, I mean, which part? Smile

Quote:
Oh and i'm one if the few people who appreciated this series. If you go over to the techtv board all of the betterman topics are practically dead....mainly because they didn't make it past the technobabble, or we're too busy staring at hinoki's rack.

I agree that it's underappreciated (I liked it, too), especially since the technobabble was usually explained in the following episode. But the series does require re-watching in spots. I don't see how someone could watch one episode a week (original .jp broadcast) and be able to follow along easily. That's just me, though.

P.S. "Chakra-man" pwned. Very Happy
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 9:45 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Glad to see we both like the same series for once....let the technobabble live on forever!!! And for which part...umm...all of them i guess.
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 11:38 pm

Post subject:
Thank you both. I do remember the Lizard Girl retreiving a fetus-thing from the water. Did not make any sense at the time. So sad 'bout Sho & Kaede.

The Technobabble thing... Any time your a fan of science fiction (and fantasy for that matter) you get used to just accepting whatever jargon they use. After a while, the references and usage begin to make sense. That's the same way I made it through all of the political mish-mash of Gundam Wing.

However, you're right that this show was pretty consistent in explaining the new stuff in the very next episode (unlike Crest of the Stars which just throws terminology at you as if you grew up with it).
PostSat Aug 23, 2003 9:24 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Anonymous wrote:
Thank you both. I do remember the Lizard Girl retreiving a fetus-thing from the water. Did not make any sense at the time. So sad 'bout Sho & Kaede.

Apparently, we weren't the only ones confused by the ending... Smile

P.S. ROT-13 is a simple encryption algorithm, if you didn't already know. Smile
PostThu Sep 04, 2003 10:52 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: