нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Big O: Season 2. What happened?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Big O: Season 2. What happened?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject: Big O: Season 2. What happened?
I don't remember everything exactly, but weren't we supposed to get Big O season 2 on Toonami last fall--and then it was delayed until spring 2003? What happened. Did somebody set us up the bomb?
PostWed May 28, 2003 2:24 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
You REALLY should start reading the main TI page, Bono. About a week back, either KnuxFive or Spookymonkey announced that Big O 1 would be re-airing, then Big O 2 would air. I htink it's happening in, August? Go check www.toonamiinfolink.com

Seriously, you need to start paying attention to that. Everything I know about upcoming shows I get from the main TI page.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed May 28, 2003 6:41 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok, here's all the info:

1) Big O is coming to Adult Swim, not Toonami.

2) Season 1 will air on Mondays-Thursdays at midnight starting July 7.

3) Season 2 will air on Sundays at 11PM starting August 3.

4) Since Big O is coming to AS and not Toonami, will season 1 be deedited so it can air uncut, or at least with less edits? We're not sure yet. We'll have to wait and see.
PostWed May 28, 2003 10:19 pm
blade-restored

Post subject:
I'm not sure about Big O 1 being unedited; when they aired Outlaw Star on AS, I saw almost no difference between the Toonami version and the AS version (save the OP). We'll have to wait and see.
PostThu May 29, 2003 8:32 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
blade-restored wrote:
I'm not sure about Big O 1 being unedited; when they aired Outlaw Star on AS, I saw almost no difference between the Toonami version and the AS version (save the OP). We'll have to wait and see.

The reason why they didn't deedit Outlaw Star, Tenchi, and the Gundam shows on ASA was for two reasons:

1) So they can save money. Editing is a costly business, and Kellner's restructuring of Turner in 2001 severely sent most of Cartoon Network's budget down the crapper. They also had to share money with the other Turner networks, which just wasn't fair. >.< Thank god Kent took over! Now CN doesn't have to share anymore, and their budget's a lot bigger, so editing shouldn't be as much of a problem as it used to. If the first season of Big O DOES come uncut or with little edits, then that means CN was saving a huge chunk of their budget throughout 2002 just to get enough dough to get the first season deedited. (How very clever of them!)

2) Filler. The reason why Toonami vets were on Adult Swim Action in the first place was because they didn't have enough adult anime for a 3 hour block, so they put in those shows as filler. Since CN's budget was restricted at the time, they didn't want to waste all that money just to deedit these series for ASA standards and reedit them again just in case they planned to bring them back to Toonami. So, just to save money and time-consuming work, they decided to play it safe and leave the shows the way they originally were.
PostThu May 29, 2003 10:40 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Does anybody know if the VAs from Big O 1 have reassumed their roles for Big O 2?

If this question has been answered before then please post a link to the answer.
PostFri May 30, 2003 9:30 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'll answer your question with another question.

If 4 + 6 = 10, then why do dogs eat their own poo?

I think that cleared it up nicely. In otherwords, there has been no comment on VA's but most likely they will.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostFri May 30, 2003 2:08 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
UPDATE ON THE SITUATION:

According to a recent Adult Swim bumper aired last Thursday just before Futurama, Williams Street probably hinted at the first season's possible deedittedness.

PROBABLY. It's not certain, but the chances are higher.

You can see the thread here.
PostFri May 30, 2003 8:30 pm
blade-restored

Post subject:
Daikun: I see. That is very clever of them. Very Happy

I feel it might be unedited; that "Cast in the name of God" line kind of insinuates its unedit-ness, or something of that effect.

Beefy: Most, if not all, of the Big O's VAs will reprise their roles, and I'm relatively certain David Lucas will come back and be Roger Smith again, but I'm just speculating.
PostSat May 31, 2003 6:19 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hey, I've looked everywhere, and I still don't see that update (well, not everywhere--just last months archives). What, do you think I'm going to go to the main page every two days (about how long a story is up before getting crowded off)? I've said many a time that I have upwards of four day stretches where I have very little access to the internet.
PostTue Jun 03, 2003 2:22 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I know it was in there somewhere because I reported it.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 12:37 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
http://www.toonamiinfolink.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=415

Very Happy
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 11:50 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: