нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Gaming Discussion
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Gaming Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
While thats helpful it misses the point that they wanna give the Chinese something that they dont wanna give me. Not fair. If they gave it to me instead though, it is fair to me anyway.

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostTue Dec 09, 2003 5:29 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
ok, so he can either move to communist china or suck on paint fumes... we can't lose! Twisted Evil
PostTue Dec 09, 2003 10:05 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
My brother purchased Mario Kart Double Dash, it's really fun.
Really fun. Very Happy Need For Speed Underground doesn't want to install on my computer. Sad

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostFri Dec 12, 2003 2:15 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Taken from my newest Animaxis.com newsletter:

• Region: Japan
• Category: Video Games / Business
• Date: December 26, 2003

Gambling Giant Sammy Purchases Major Stake in SEGA

Slot and pachinko gambling machine giant Sammy Corporation has become the major stockholder of SEGA Corporation, finally putting an end to the SEGA/NAMCO and SEGA/Sammy merger speculation from last spring.

On December 8 the chief stockholder of SEGA, computer system developer CSK Corporation, reached an agreement with Sammy, handing over all 39,148,600 shares (22.4% of the total stock available) to Sammy in the process.

SEGA plans to hold a special general stockholders meeting on February 17, where Sammy's president Satomi and director Suzuki will formally assume their positions on SEGA's board of directors. The two had already been acting as members of the board in a consulting capacity beginning December 11. At a press conference Satomi has also announced that Sammy was considering acquiring additional SEGA stock, and that in the future SEGA might become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sammy Corporation.

While SEGA's 2003 197.2 billion yen in sales shows a 4.4% decline from the previous year, its overall performance has improved from a 17.8 billion yen loss in 2002 to a 3 billion yen profit in 2003. SEGA's newfound profits and stock market recovery appear to have led to CSK Corporation's decision to sell their stake.
PostMon Dec 29, 2003 9:53 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
NFS: Underground finally felt like working.

It's entertaining, given that I have seriously played a game in a long while.
I still can't wait for Gran Turismo 4.

peace
PostWed Dec 31, 2003 8:46 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
Ok, I just went out and bought Halo on the PC. I went to install it and everything worked just fine during the installation process. Now, I try to start it up and it goes to the splash screens (the bungie logo/gearbox logo) and then at the end of the last screen the screen locks up, but I can still hear music in the background. When I press up/down I can hear the menu options being selected and if I hit enter enough times the game starts and I can hear the people talking to me, but it's still on that stupid splash screen.

So, I went to tech support and did everything they said to do there, like reinstall it, run it under a clean boot, install under a clean boot, turn down all video card settings under control panel etc... And it still won't work.

Now, you might be asking "Does your computer meet or exceed the system requirements?" Yes, they do. It's a

2.8 Ghz P4
512 MB Ram
160 GB HDD
Radeon 9200 Vid Card

and the bastard still won't work. Any suggestions?
PostThu Jan 01, 2004 2:58 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Cooolcorey wrote:
Ok, I just went out and bought Halo on the PC. I went to install it and everything worked just fine during the installation process. Now, I try to start it up and it goes to the splash screens (the bungie logo/gearbox logo) and then at the end of the last screen the screen locks up, but I can still hear music in the background. When I press up/down I can hear the menu options being selected and if I hit enter enough times the game starts and I can hear the people talking to me, but it's still on that stupid splash screen.

So, I went to tech support and did everything they said to do there, like reinstall it, run it under a clean boot, install under a clean boot, turn down all video card settings under control panel etc... And it still won't work.

Now, you might be asking "Does your computer meet or exceed the system requirements?" Yes, they do. It's a

2.8 Ghz P4
512 MB Ram
160 GB HDD
Radeon 9200 Vid Card

and the bastard still won't work. Any suggestions?

1) Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card.
2) Make sure you have the latest version of DirectX.
3) Get and install the latest patch.
http://www.microsoft.com/games/halo/support.asp#updates
PostThu Jan 01, 2004 3:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
Hmmm, I went to ATI's website earlier and I couldn't find the drivers, but after I read your post, I went to try it again, and I found 'em, and it works now! Thanks. Very Happy
PostThu Jan 01, 2004 6:27 pm
AnimePrime

Post subject:
I had to go through a similar thing to get FFXI installed. Turns out I had to get a completely new video card. Since it hasn’t arrived yet I went out and bought a used PS1 the other day and now need some suggestions for games. I got FFVII and was hoping to find FF Tactics but I was wondering if there were any other good PS1 Games out there that I don’t know of. My favorite types of games are RPG’s incase you didn’t notice but I also like fantasy and some Action/adventure. What do you guys like?

PostTue Jan 06, 2004 9:12 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
If RPGs are your thing then I am glad to help. For ps1 goodness, but want to experience something other than the FF series, you can't go wrong with 2 of my favorite Legend of Dragoon and Star Ocean: The Second Story. If you've ever played and liked the Mana series then go try out Legend of Mana...if you can find it. Now as for FF goodness, if you want the nostalgia factor, go with FF Origins since it has the original FF in 16-bit updated glory....as well as FF2j which i didn't really care for as it uses the SaGa Frontier style of levelling...bleh. Oh yeah and you can't go wrong with Chrono Cross, while some may not have liked it's story( or lackthereof) for me it had the 3rd best combat system for ps1 rpgs(2nd being Star Ocean and 1st being Legend of Dragoon)......

...Phew I think that should leave you with enough RPG goodness to satisfy yourself for months to come.
PostTue Jan 06, 2004 9:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AnimePrime

Post subject:
I’ve played Legend of Dragon at Wal-mart and was impressed with the battle engine, especially the transformations. I didn’t care for the graphics though, it was hard to walk around and distinguish the path from the background. But if the story is good I can tough it out. I was also wondering about Xenogears, are the ones for PS1 any good? They are made by Square after all.

PostTue Jan 06, 2004 9:52 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Never played that one Prime. In fact the ones I told you about are most of the ones I own for ps1. So....erm....yeah that was it for my knowledge of ps1 RPGs.
PostTue Jan 06, 2004 10:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
AnimePrime wrote:
Since it hasn’t arrived yet I went out and bought a used PS1 the other day and now need some suggestions for games. I got FFVII and was hoping to find FF Tactics but I was wondering if there were any other good PS1 Games out there that I don’t know of. My favorite types of games are RPG’s incase you didn’t notice but I also like fantasy and some Action/adventure. What do you guys like?

ff7 is definitely a good start for someone first getting into the ps1-style of rpg's...grandia was a great game with a story that'll suck you in, along with an advertised length of 80 hours, which i can confirm as i beat it in hour 79...alundra is probably impossible to find now, but is a classic real-time rpg that gives the old zelda series (pre-n64) a nice kick...i found brave fencer musashi to be extremely underrated, as it was released between ff7 and ff8, and threads of fate was a short but sweet game also lost in the ff shuffle...

what i've really enjoyed by having access to the ps1 is the many remakes the system has supported...the lunar series has been one of the best experiences i've had gaming, especially since i knew i'd never get my hands on a sega cd console...the final fantasy remakes have been good, though i've only played ff2 and ff4 (final fantasy anthology has ff5 and ff6, final fantasy chronicles has ff4 and chrono trigger, and final fantasy origins has ff1 and ff2)

to comment on fdd's mentions: i played star ocean: the second story for a few hours and thought it was good, though i have yet to play through the entire game...same goes with legend of mana, as i was enjoying it but got distracted and never finished what i started...i've heard nothing but good concerning chrono cross, but i'm not touching it until i get around to playing chrono trigger first...legend of dragoon has a solid reputation about it, and though i haven't played it yet, i hope to sometime soon...

and xenogears i haven't played, so i can't really comment on it...

hope that helps ya...
PostWed Jan 07, 2004 11:20 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
You should also try Legend of Legaia for the PS1, it was surprisingly good given that sony made it.

peace
PostWed Jan 07, 2004 4:37 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
I wish they'd bring the FF remakes to the GBA so I could play them without a crappy emulator.
PostWed Jan 07, 2004 10:05 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 40 of 57

Jump to: