нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Toonami just got intresting again.
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Toonami just got intresting again.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject: Toonami just got intresting again.
Word from Cartoon Network...

It’s a battle of giant metal machines during Toonami’s first Giant Robot Week, Monday, Feb. 24 - Friday, Feb. 28 from 4-5 p.m. (ET, PT) each day. The weeklong special event presents some of the best action/animé series ever created starring huge fighting machines. Giant Robot Week comes to a smashing conclusion with a special presentation of the acclaimed animated feature The Iron Giant on Friday, Feb. 28, at 8 p.m. (ET, PT).

“Giant robot” series have been a staple of animé since its beginnings, and Cartoon Network pulled out all of the stops in search of the best examples of this genre ever with series such as Dai-Guard and Nadesico, which have never before been seen on TV in the U.S., as well as Evangelion and Robotech. Giant Robot Week also will include segments from the classic series Gigantor along with Cartoon Network’s first original “giant robot” short, Lowbrow.

Evangelion - A deadly war is waged between the mysterious aliens, the Angels and mankind’s last hope, the Evangelions. The giant bio-mechanical Evangelions are the only forces that can withstand the Angels’ defense fields long enough to attack the massive invaders. (Monday, Feb. 24 and Tuesday, Feb. 25, at 4:30 p.m. (ET, PT))

Dai-Guard - Giant invaders have attacked the earth and the only force strong enough to defend the planet is a giant robot, Dai-Guard. The only problem is that the robot is defective. A young team of workers must stop the aliens, while concealing the defects in their robot. (Thursday, Feb. 27 and Friday, Feb. 28, at 4 p.m. (ET, PT))

Nadesico - The planet is under attack and the space fleets are powerless to stop the invasion. An inexperienced crew consisting of a cook, the General’s ditsy daughter, geeks and misfits are sent into space to save Earth. (Monday, Feb. 24 - Wednesday, Feb. 26, at 4 p.m. (ET, PT))

Robotech - Robotech Defense Force, led by Captain Glova and his cadets, is the only hope for survival after giant alien spaceships invade Earth. (Wednesday, Feb. 26 - Friday, Feb. 28, at 4:30 p.m. (ET, PT))

“Our goal at Toonami is to bring the finest action cartoons out there to our fans, and there’s no doubt we love ‘giant robot’ shows,” said Sean Akins, Toonami Creative Director. “When we first started talking about Giant Robot Week, these are the series that popped into our heads. This will be an incredible week for our viewers.”

To conclude Giant Robot Week, Cartoon Network will air The Iron Giant, the heartwarming 1999 feature about a young boy and the alien robot that crashes into his life.

Chew on that for a sec. And if none of you cares, then this forum should have its name changed. And none of you deserve to call yourself Toonami fans.
PostTue Jan 28, 2003 12:20 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've seen everything listed but Dai-Guard. I own the Nadesico Box as well as the Robotech Box
PostTue Jan 28, 2003 2:03 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
.....*lip quivers*.......W00t!!!

FINNALY, after a year of total crap we get something worth watching and I'm guessing that they will keep showing these after the premier week.
PostTue Jan 28, 2003 2:37 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
.....*lip quivers*.......W00t!!!
I second that: w00t!!!

Let's hope they don't get too edit happy...
PostTue Jan 28, 2003 4:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
NGE is the only thing I can see be edited...
PostTue Jan 28, 2003 4:48 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Giant robots = fun on a stick. The question is, will they keep showing the shows after that week, or is it just a special one week deal where we see a few eps. and thats it.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Jan 28, 2003 5:01 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
Well, this is easy to figure out.

None of these shows are coming to Toonami permanently, yet.

It's a sample series-thing. If the ratings boost up on the 2nd showing of one of those shows (the premiere can not accurately display audience interest), then they might consider bringing it to a full time slot. NGE is twice as long as Big-O, and they kept Big-O on there for a while. A long while. Not to mention the two NGE movies, which could only appear unedited should Saturday Adult Swim be reincarnated...:(

How do I know none of these shows are scheduled so far? Simple. They led it up to a showing of The Iron Giant, the same movie they looped for 24 hours straight once on the same channel. If the Iron Giant merely was shown in the middle of the week, and something like Nadesico was shown at the end, then Nadesico would probably then be premiering on Toonami then and shown at regular time slots afterward. If we bear in mind the original Cartoon Cartoon selections, if all are popular enough, all of the shows shown on this oh-so-special week may get regular run time. But then again, nothing tops DBZ. Ever.
PostTue Jan 28, 2003 6:00 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wait . . . Eva on CN? Sub or dub?
PostTue Jan 28, 2003 6:33 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
My guess would be dub.

Have you ever seen subbed anything on CN? I think not.
PostTue Jan 28, 2003 6:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
My heart was stopped...I've died real quick.
PostTue Jan 28, 2003 6:57 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
i had one of those moments where all surrounding sound and movement stopped, as i stared at the computer screen with my jaw hanging out...

eva on cn? on toonami?!

...i need a minute to breathe here...

[some time later]
...it should be interesting to see how they approach these shows...i can't remember much about the first two eva episodes (assuming those are the two they plan to show), but i think they're pretty tame compared to the later parts of the series...

the other shows i haven't seen yet, though i've wanted to see nadesico for some time now...

another thought...could toonami still show the big o if they wanted to? i think it'd make a good fit with the whole "giant robots" theme, but perhaps the network is trying to distance the series away from it's former roots in preparation for it to air on adult swim?

my overall opinion is that this could be just the jolt toonami needs to kick things back into gear...i'm assuming .hack//SIGN will still be on new episodes at the time, so things are looking really good...

Last edited by JJc14 on Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Jan 28, 2003 7:08 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I saw it's the end of the world....
PostTue Jan 28, 2003 8:01 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
ADV titles on CN?!! The world has ended...in a good way. Very Happy
PostTue Jan 28, 2003 10:09 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wait: so Cartoon Network is showing Rated M material at 4:30 in the afternoon??? They are getting soooo sued.
PostTue Jan 28, 2003 10:43 pm
AnimePrime

Post subject:
Eva on cartoon network!? Now I know why I saw Satan buying snow tires the other day. I'm going to go feed my flying pig now. Cool
PostWed Jan 29, 2003 9:24 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: