нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Toonami is dead.
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Toonami is dead.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
If the statment above was really from ADV, then theres nothing to whine about. I have only ranted because I felt that it was a shame that we couldn't everything.

$60 for eva box set: bootleg

endy: use spell check
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 6:02 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
As long as ADV doesn't mind the edits, it's cool.

Now the only thing I have to bitch about is CN putting commercials during the ending credits. Come On!! They show the same commercial 30 seconds later anyway. How often do they have to drill Yu-Yu Hakusho into our heads?!!

It's funny to watch old shows from the '60s (like Gigantor) to see how high people's expectations were for the year 2000.
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 6:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
Beefy wrote:
It's funny to watch old shows from the '60s (like Gigantor) to see how high people's expectations were for the year 2000.

Weren't we promised flying cars? I want my flying car, dammit!
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 6:18 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
endy wrote:
The dub for eva isnt all that bad.. but i'd prefer the riginal form over dubbed anyday. Anime ios meant to be shown in the original form..

But, eva will probably not be shown on cn anymore.. seriously.. I mean for many eps, such as the one when eva 01 devours zeruel, if they cut that out its a very vital part to the story.

If you've already seen it, or know where to get a better version, why are you bothering us? Scram. The last thing we need on this board is a troll complaining how bad an anime is aired on mainstream TV to a demographic much lower than many people think (Shinobo posted a thread on this on this very board) when they can just bypass the whole thing altogether.

In any case, it's over now. Happy?
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 6:38 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
endy wrote:
The dub for eva isnt all that bad.. but i'd prefer the riginal form over dubbed anyday. Anime ios meant to be shown in the original form..

But, eva will probably not be shown on cn anymore.. seriously.. I mean for many eps, such as the one when eva 01 devours zeruel, if they cut that out its a very vital part to the story.

If you've already seen it, or know where to get a better version, why are you bothering us? Scram. The last thing we need on this board is a troll complaining how bad an anime is aired on mainstream TV to a demographic much lower than many people think (Shinobo posted a thread on this on this very board) when they can just bypass the whole thing altogether.

In any case, it's over now. Happy?
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 6:39 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
Looking at the first episode of Eva, there are two things I disagree with.

First and foremost, the "TVY7" icon. If you're showing something for an audience that young/impressionable/easily offended, you have NO REASON TO SHOW EVA! Those who want it edited are those who wouldn't like it anyway. Those who can be harmed by the raw version wouldn't understand anything except the word "angel" and the sight of blood. However, it appears that they only spent the most perfunctory time editing. I think that they could just show an unsubbed Japanese version with a different audio track, and the only difference would be a few more frames.

Secondly, what is this "Eeeeevangelion" they keep referring to? I know it can't be the big robot things. I wonder when they'll tell us their names? [/sarcasm]

In the first episode, the cuts are not a big deal. They had no impact on the story. The second ep, though, could set the stage for some really pointless and stupid edits. If they take out the blood spattering against the AT Field, why would they leave in any of that battle with the 1337 H4x0r Angel? (the one that infiltrates Eva 00 and Rei) How about the scene where Asuka goes crazy? Some very plot-critical parts are prone to censorship by easily offended people. If you leave take them out, you take away important stuff. If you leave them in, there is little that you could easily justify cutting out. Thus, there is no reason to allow CN to edit Evangelion. If the Toonami audience is too young to be allowed to watch it, then put it on Adult Swim. (Unfortunately, there has not been much more lenience on Adult Swim. I don't think that TV14 will cut it for Eva.)
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 7:10 pm
chibi-chan

Post subject:
I think it's wonderful that Eva's on Toonami. Maybe some of the little newbies will realize that this is actually a thought provoking series! Besides, everyone in this forum was once a newbie or still is. Some newbies just get a little misguided and obsessive. But that's what regulars are for!!! Let's show them the light!

The toothpick joke was gone! That was the best part... Poor people who missed out! ;_;

~~ chibi
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 7:13 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
chibi-chan wrote:
I think it's wonderful that Eva's on Toonami. Maybe some of the little newbies will realize that this is actually a thought provoking series! Besides, everyone in this forum was once a newbie or still is. Some newbies just get a little misguided and obsessive. But that's what regulars are for!!! Let's show them the light!

The toothpick joke was gone! That was the best part... Poor people who missed out! ;_;

~~ chibi

I hate to break it to you, but:

1. People who normally watch the 4-5:00 bloc of CN aren't likely to be interested in thinking. They certainly won't be prepared for it at that time.

2. Two episodes is not enough to show what the series is like. Most especially the first two episodes. More especially a series like Eva. The only plot elements introduced are that the Angels are Bad, and there is a growing animosity between Shinji and Misato. Even the second one is barely hinted at. Absolutely NONE of the complexity is shown. There is no indication of it being anything other than a regular, Toonami-esque beat-the-crap-out-of-the-big-shiny-thing-because-the-world's-fate-is-somehow-at-risk with no explanation other than "he looks mean." Those intrigued by the primer would like it because it looks like DBZ, except that the robots are bigger.

. . . Surprised

I think I've discovered CN's motive for putting Eva in mid-afternoon.

They obviously seek to corrupt/drown Evangelion's fan base with hordes of DBZZ R0XORS!!~1 ADHD kids. Baka^ni!
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 7:33 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I love this topic, it doesn't cease to make me laugh.

Has it occurred to anyone that this is just a way to usher in new fans to anime? In the long run, this is the way to bring edits to the bare minimum (they'll never be gone, and they never should be gone. And I say that after observing the affects of advertising on children and other such things. My views are well founded on the benifit of hte country. Yours are based on whether you'll get to see the extra blood and panty-shots just because yupi know that they are there.) This is a LARGE step to what we all want. "Sacrifices must be made."

This whole GRW thing is expsoing millions to shows they may have never seen before (I've never even heard of Nadesico or Dai-Guard before I heard they were headed for GRW). This alone is benifiting us all. Like I've said before, I've never seen either Nadesico or EVA before, and I LIKED them because of it. The edits only hurt those who have already seen the show.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 7:42 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
The statement was from ADV. I went over to the site hoping to find a relaease date for Full Metal Panic and saw that so I posted it here.
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 7:49 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
I love this topic, it doesn't cease to make me laugh.

Has it occurred to anyone that this is just a way to usher in new fans to anime? In the long run, this is the way to bring edits to the bare minimum (they'll never be gone, and they never should be gone. And I say that after observing the affects of advertising on children and other such things. My views are well founded on the benifit of hte country. Yours are based on whether you'll get to see the extra blood and panty-shots just because yupi know that they are there.) This is a LARGE step to what we all want. "Sacrifices must be made."

This whole GRW thing is expsoing millions to shows they may have never seen before (I've never even heard of Nadesico or Dai-Guard before I heard they were headed for GRW). This alone is benifiting us all. Like I've said before, I've never seen either Nadesico or EVA before, and I LIKED them because of it. The edits only hurt those who have already seen the show.

I have a short questionnaire for all the people who saw Evangelion for the first time on GRW (don't look at any notes). What is your impression of Evangelion, and why? What do you think the series is like? What is the major conflict? What genre is it? What are the two most important characters? What are the two most prominent conflicts presented?

*ding!*
Time's up, put your pencils down, and pass it to the front.

Were you able to answer all the questions? I didn't think so.

This is an interactive example of what's wrong with the concept of Giant Robot Week. You can't get a feel for what the show is like in just two episodes, particularly the setup episodes. Virtually everyone who likes Eva because of what they saw on GRW will be mistaken. Almost none of the intrigue, psychological self-conflict, and important decisions are revealed when the big bio-mechanoid thingies beat up on each other. The only real way to promo Evangelion is to start showing the episodes, and not stop until you reach the end or the public outcry against it becomes the proverbial irresistable force. This isn't exclusivism on the part of a die-hard anime fan. It's just the Small Sample problem.
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 7:58 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
chibi-chan wrote:

~~ chibi

Elaborate. (Tell me more...)
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 9:29 pm
chibi-chan

Post subject:
The tooth pick joke was shown in the time that Shinji went from the bath tub to his bed. Pen Pen (he's a beer drinking warm water penguin ^.~) walked in while Shinji was bathing. Shinji freaked out and ran into the 'dining room'. <= The best name for the place where Misato eats and drinks, I guess. He wasn't clothed of course, so there was a beer can covering necessary parts. Misato grabbed the beer can to chug from. But instead of having Shinji expose himself, there was a conveniently placed jar of toothpicks there. The timing just made it all the more funny. ^_^ I'll look for a clip or a piccie if you'd like.

~~ chibi
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 9:46 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I thought that was in ep 3...
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 9:58 pm
chibi-chan

Post subject:
Nope. It was ep two. And they cut it out!!!!! ;_;

~~ chibi
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 10:11 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: