нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Cyborg 009
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Cyborg 009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Its a suprise to see your reactions to this. But be okay with Kikiraider. Which is virtually the same show. This show is all about cliche's and old sterotypes. It doesnt pretend to be a new modern show. I think you are all trying to watch it like its a Kenshin. Which it isnt. If you watch it like you were watching Lupin. You might enjoy it.

Oh well to each his own. I dont like Kikiraider. But so far I like this.
PostThu Jul 03, 2003 7:57 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I don't like Kikaider, and I don't like Lupin (old animation hurts my eyes). I'm not a hypocrit. I think Cyborg 009 sucks.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Jul 03, 2003 8:27 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I wasnt calling you a hypocrit. Or anyone that likes one over that. It wasnt my intention. The old animation doesnt bother me to much since those are the shows i grew up on.

I think my problem with Kikiraider was the use of the pinochio storyline. And Cyborg 009 uses the same voices. So that threw me off.

Lupin didnt grow on me until i watched more then a weeks worth. I think I stuck with it because I was trying to find out when it was made. If it was 1970 or 1990
PostThu Jul 03, 2003 8:43 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nightfall

Post subject:
Well, I'm watchin' it, but so far I'm not likin' it.

This show feels alot like the cartoons from the 60s and 70s (I guess that's intentional?), but it tries too hard to be both comedy and drama. You have a blood smeared corpse in the same episode as a guy who morphs like playdough by pushing his bellybutton. It's jarring.

Kenshin combines the two more naturally and Kikaider didn't pretend to try. Maybe things will smooth out as the series progresses.

Oh, and none of the voices are the same as Kikaider unless everyone is using aliases.
PostThu Jul 03, 2003 10:24 am
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
So far I like 009. My only major complaint is with their uniforms; what's with the scarfs?

Also, the shape-changer and the fire-breather remind me of the old Popeye cartoons.
PostThu Jul 03, 2003 11:14 am
AnimePrime

Post subject:
009 isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but maybe thats because Kikaider just sucks so much and 009 looks good by comparision.
PostMon Jul 07, 2003 12:03 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well I have Tivo recording both Cyborg009 and Ryoni Kenshin nightly now. And I am really impressed with how the series is shaping up. Im getting used to the look. I like the plot and even most of the animation. Yes the two characters from Popeye seem absurd. But overall its a good show. The episode with 0011 showed a possibility where the show might to thats interestnig as well. Which is to try to help the new cyborgs instead of mindlessly killing them.
PostMon Jul 07, 2003 12:09 pm
sonicboom1

Post subject:
Personally, I think this a little like Kikaider, but watered down for a younger audience. The show has great potential and it is the first cyborg-type anime I actually LIKE(besides Kikiader). Out of ten, I give a 8. Maybe it didn't pick up in Japan and the creator stopped making it, I think it will last longer than JL, but next to DBZ, it's no contest. Overall the show has a great plot, excellent characters and pretty good animation. ((P.S. I wanna try to write a review, how did I do?))

- 'Till the sun rises on a world without Toonami, we remain the first and still the best. ONLY Toonami.

"..Then you break my video game,
Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostMon Jul 07, 2003 5:27 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
nightfall wrote:
This show feels alot like the cartoons from the 60s and 70s (I guess that's intentional?)

It is. The original series was created in the 60s.
PostTue Jul 08, 2003 2:47 am
nightfall

Post subject:
Well, it's been a few episodes now and I see a progression in the storytelling (thank you 4th grade English teacher)

First episodes everyone was introduced at once so we had a lot of showing off and everyone was a characature of themselves. Next few episodes we have some character development as the fights splinter the mass into manageable groups. Good use of downtime interactions and more logical application of cyborg abilities.

Only time will tell if we get beyond the Voltron syndrome (each episode a new villain, easily handled in one day, there just to let the hero of the day show off a new trick). I have hope now, though. And 004 is developing into my favorite character.

Anyone else giving this a second chance?
PostTue Jul 08, 2003 12:40 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nope, I've given up on it. Personally I perfer Kikaider. This show is just too mindless and I'm really bored of the "Androids dealing with the fact that they're machines and then trying to become human". It's old, and overused.
PostTue Jul 08, 2003 2:25 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
sonicboom1 wrote:
Personally, I think this a little like Kikaider, but watered down for a younger audience. The show has great potential and it is the first cyborg-type anime I actually LIKE(besides Kikiader). Out of ten, I give a 8. Maybe it didn't pick up in Japan and the creator stopped making it, I think it will last longer than JL, but next to DBZ, it's no contest. Overall the show has a great plot, excellent characters and pretty good animation. ((P.S. I wanna try to write a review, how did I do?))

You mean... You didn't like Trigun?
*Gets hit in the face for giving away a spoiler*
PostTue Jul 08, 2003 7:24 pm
Ludwika

Frequenter

Post subject:
Quote:
Nope, I've given up on it. Personally I perfer Kikaider.

Peciously,what I think ... but with Cybog for me it was within the first fifteen minutes that I gave up on it. Kikaider, on the other hand was more basic with the Pinocchio losy based parody to of Jiro.
PostWed Jul 09, 2003 12:32 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I was the reverse. I saw the pinnochio story and thats what lost interest in Kikiraider for me.

Monday nights episode of Cyborg 009 was the weakest of the group. Mostly because it tried to use comic relief to much.
PostWed Jul 09, 2003 7:50 am
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
I've read all of the manga. It'll heat up soon. Although the series has a different end...
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostWed Jul 09, 2003 8:40 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: