нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - I'm not fat
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
I'm not fat
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject: I'm not fat
The title is true for me. I'm the exact opposite, but now it's starting to scare me. Yes i'm underweight *gasp*.

Ok short story time....

About 2 years ago I had been taking excedrin for my headaches...too much. Soon afterwards I got extreme stomachaches no matter what I ate...so much so that this lead to a fear of eating and I lost 50 pounds within 2 months; I dropped from 185 to 135. The doctors said all that excedrin messed with the enzyme counts in my liver and gave me some medication for it.

Now thankfully I have recovered from my fear for the most part, but now that brings up a problem: i'm unable to gain any weight at all. Now i'm 5'11 135lbs, a pretty lanky, skinny, bony guy. Can anyone help me out on ways to put on the pounds again?
PostThu Jun 17, 2004 9:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zer0

Post subject:
I watched a thing on celebrities and how they gain weight fast to play roles that require it....and they eat a ton of Krispy Kream donuts. Besides that just eat alot of everything. And working out with weights can help build muscles to hide the bonieness.

My bro went on an extreme muscle building diet last summer. He just ate tuna and rice mixed together for a LONG TIME. (In which I made fun of him) Alot of carbs are good. And just eat junk food. But healthy stuff too is needed.

Bah..I hate thinking about eating right. Im about 6" tall, 155 lbs, and pretty "muscular" but not "buff". I just eat whatever I want or feel like eating. But I try to workout whenever I can to not get fat.
PostThu Jun 17, 2004 10:41 pm
Alshoff

Post subject:
Create a weight-loss product using Excedrin.
Sell said product to fat people.
Use the money you earn to pay doctors or scientists to help you.
Pay a tithing of the revenue to the Pepito Domination Force.

Or, see what overweight people eat and eat that. Increasing sugar consumption can lead to weight gain. Just don't overdue it and get diabetes. Carbohydrates may increase your weight as well (carbs are complex sugars, and if you eat too much, may have the same effect as regular, simple sugars).

Of course, you could just ask your doctors.
PostThu Jun 17, 2004 10:43 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
I hate you FDD...

Just do what I did that took me from 185 to 260: Eat anything that looks good. Damn Krispy Kream Donuts...
PostThu Jun 17, 2004 11:02 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
You hate the fact that my underweight stature is just as unhealthy as your overweight stature?

My problem is that im never really that hungry at all. That, and we don't have any krispy kreme donuts in the house.
PostThu Jun 17, 2004 11:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Alright, time for a little bio-chem. Anyone see SuperSize Me? That documentary on that guy that ate only McDonalds for 30 days? Anyone?

Now, don't do that, as his liver started to fail. HOWEVER, if you just want FAT, eat junk food. Eat when you aren't hungry. It's not a matter of hunger. Eat carbs and sugars and be lazy ya bastid but eat. Eventually, your body will adjust and you will be hungry more. Basically, you can get addicted to sugar. Good if you want to gain weight. Bad if you want to loose it.

Or, you can do what I think is much better, and work out. There are so many things you can do without even having a set of weights. But eat HEALTHY (Meat, veggies, rice . . . ) eat a lot of it, force yourself to eat a litlte more each day, and start a workout regimen. Becaue you don't have much fat, the muscle will show pretty well, and it's quite possible the chicks will start flocking to you.

That's if you're disiplined enough to stick to a workout regimen.

But muscle weighs more than Fat, and muscle looks a lot better.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Jun 18, 2004 9:16 am
GundamFreak

Post subject:
Now yes CP is right muscle is better than fat but if its fat you want EAT ICECREAM! and pie, much pie. lemon bars are good too, with brownies, and coffee with lots of sugar, yes.....

Wolf's Rain is cool...
PostFri Jun 18, 2004 10:26 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Can I have evil pie?
PostFri Jun 18, 2004 12:47 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
FDD, I feel your pain. Except that I'm jealous because you weigh more than I do. (And yes, I'm 5'11") I can't gain weight. It simply doesn't work. I eat tons of carbs, all the time. My lifestyle has surpassed "sedentary" and become "sedimentary". (my life: get up, drive to work, sit at a computer for 9 hours, drive home, sit at a computer for 5 hours, go to sleep) I've had appetite problems recently due to the utter suckitude of UMR's catering service, which doesn't help. Essentially, I spent two months eating just barely enough to survive, and throughout the entire school year, nausea always set in before I was full.

Anyhoo, since I've gotten home one thing I've found that increases appetite rapidly is a large meal. Get a bunch of food that you want to eat, and eat it all in one sitting. Eat until it hurts. This will expand your stomach. I did this twice, and I not only can eat more each sitting, but I get hungry more. I still probably won't gain much weight, but I certainly feel a lot better.
PostFri Jun 18, 2004 2:17 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
FDD I'm am EXACTLY the same as you, except I've been like this my whole life.
I'm 6 feet tall and I weigh about 137.
I used to be lighter, like 128 before i started working out in the spring. I gaineed almost 10 pounds in like 2-3 months, but then it just kinda stopped, I've hit the summer, my school isn't anywhere near to me so i don't work out anymore, and it sucks. I've tried tons of way to gain weight but I just can't. Help me too!! agh..

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostFri Jun 18, 2004 4:57 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Everytime i ask my mom to buy cookies, and brownies, and donuts and stuff, she doesn't. She never likes to buy junk food because she's afraid that I won't eat my regular meal, like I'm some little kid. She's so annoying. Half the time, I'm hungry in the afternoon, and there are no snacks to eat.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostFri Jun 18, 2004 5:02 pm
Zer0

Post subject:
One thing to remember is that everybody's body isnt the same. Your metabolism, digestive system, and apetite is hindering you. And maybe the grim truth....your stuck being skinny.

Oh, BTW, I had a friend that was really skinny and never could hold food....and I dont mean throwing it up. He would eat something.....and 5 MINUTES later he would be in the bathroom. I kid you not, the kid would crap out any and everything he ate so fast he never gained weight. The only thing that helped him was that he started to work out and the problem eventually went away. I dont know why it helped but it did. Might be something to consider.
PostFri Jun 18, 2004 10:07 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
hehehe, When i went to college I was 5'11" weighed 140-145, then i put on a freshman 50, simply due to the fact i could no longer exercise after the lawnmower accident, and I eat pasta, like tons of it
like all the time, like right now I'm going to eat pasta, I usually go through about 4 lbs a week, add to that all the sprinkle cheeze mmmm

i'm hungry and i weigh 210 now.

Mama mia, as mario would say.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostFri Jun 18, 2004 10:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Come on Doug, loose a lil for the wife. DISIPLINE.

No, really.

See, with me, I used to be a pudgy kid. Not outright fat, just pleasantly plump. I guess sort of roundish. I don't know how else to explain. Basically about 20 lbs overweight. I was about 20 lbs overweight for a good 7 years of my life.

And then I hit that age and got interested in girls.

And girls weren't interested in me. (Still aren't, for the most part. But the reasoning behind it eludes me. From the most objective standpoint, it eludes me (Although, in the words of 8-but Theater's Brian Clevenger: "Let me guess. In real life you're the one who laments "I'm such a nice guy, why don't girls like me?" Did it occur to you that, perhaps, the common factor here is you and you're not nice so much as annoying?" (Sorry, one of my favorite quotes . . . )))

So I decided that I would loose weight.

How'd I do it?

Everytime I was hungry for a snack, I would hold off as long as I felt it was possible. The reasoning was that for every minute I wasn't eating that snack, that was another minute of the day that I would not be pumping in calories. The total volume of food would have to be less since I was just resisting as much as I Felt it was possible.

Lost 20 lbs in about 6 months to a year.

It's all about strategy, and having just enough willpower. FDD, I'd say follow FAKs advice. He speaks from experience, and his words are wise.

But really, I'd rather be scrawny thin than fat. So many people in this nation 'can't' loose weight (I put can't in quotes because, damnit, I did it and it wasn't that tough) so you should be happy you're thin.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Jun 18, 2004 10:49 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
heh
another thing that got me
classical conditioning, yes Pavlov's dogs
when watching tv, snack, for the sake of snacking
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostFri Jun 18, 2004 10:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: