нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Tom Goes to the Mayor: TOO Weird?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Tom Goes to the Mayor: TOO Weird?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
I just felt that Venture Bros. is just not that great. Tom isn't great either, but I like it more. I don't know why, but the newer shows still cannot compare to the older ones.
PostThu Dec 30, 2004 8:17 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
The only show on AS that doesn't do weird well is Super Milk Chan. It's just pointless. And I REALLY wanted to love that show. Theme song is oddly catchy, though.

[COMPLETELY Off-Topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread: Anybody know who that Meg White-looking woman from the "Aqua Toon Jumbo France," etc. commercials is?]
PostSun Jan 02, 2005 10:57 pm
darkness88

Frequenter

Post subject:
Tom goes to the Mayor does look really wierd but, I'll give it a chance. From what I've heard it's funny.
PostFri Jan 21, 2005 9:44 am
Van_Fanel

Post subject:
Tom is going to go over a LOT of people's heads, and I will admit that it's a show that's VERY out there. I think that if it's given a fair chance though, it can turn out well. Tom's quirkiness seems to come from a strange mix of Kids in the Hall and Pete and Pete, two shows which a lot of people didn't "get". A lot of humor lies in the low-key conversations, which seem awkward and bizarre, but tend to mirror the awkwardness and ridiculousness of real-life situations like that. Tom is definitely not going to appeal to people who watch AS for ATHF, and watch ATHF so they can go "OMFG LOOK MEATWAD IS DANCING LOL!! HE IS MEAT".
PostSat Jan 22, 2005 2:28 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
i think you may be the best newb we've had in like... a long time
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSat Jan 22, 2005 3:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
That may explain why I love Tom Goes to Mayor so much...
PostSat Jan 22, 2005 4:49 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
To be fair to ATHF, every original comedy on AS is absoutely brilliant. The only comedy on AS that falls short is Super Milk Chan...but the jury's still out on that one.
PostSun Jan 23, 2005 11:11 pm
Van_Fanel

Post subject:
ROBRAM89 wrote:
To be fair to ATHF, every original comedy on AS is absoutely brilliant. The only comedy on AS that falls short is Super Milk Chan...but the jury's still out on that one.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I think ATHF is an extremely witty adult comedy, but it has a broad appeal for such an absurd show, and its appeal includes the lowest common denominator of today's youth. I just think it's sad to see a brilliant show like Tom kicked out of the limelight, no matter what kicked it out.
PostThu Jan 27, 2005 8:51 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I just could never get into ATHF. I tried and i watched it because i knew i was part of the target group. But i have never found it funny.

Now Harvey Birdman makes me laugh every time i watch it even in repeats
PostFri Jan 28, 2005 8:59 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kriolgal

Post subject:
I've only seen it once but it does not appeal to me, I like crazy stuff but that is too crazy for me!!!
PostWed Feb 02, 2005 3:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
all I watch Harvey Birdman for is Stephen Colbert
PostWed Feb 02, 2005 4:37 pm
Zaug

Post subject:
If we're answering the question, is Tom GTGM too wierd even for AS, the answer is definitely yes. One of the most glaring oversights of the show is that there is no real continuing character development of any character, it feels like we're starting from zero at the beginning of every episode. That just doesn't work for me.

Shows like Sealab and ATHF aren't the models of continuity here, that's not what I'm saying. At least there are some things that anchor you to the characters of the show, despite the rediculousness of the situations. Even Birdman, which goes out on a limb more so than the above two, has a few "things" and characters that viewers feel are familiar and allow for the more rediculous situations to happen. In Tom, all we have is Tom and the Mayor, and that's pretty much it. I could elaborate more, but I welcome any other viewpoints or arguments. Anyone disagree?
PostWed Feb 23, 2005 11:12 pm
trigun-1

Post subject: Re: Tom Goes to the Mayor: TOO Weird?
ROBRAM89 wrote:
The more commercials I see for this show, the more freaking bizarre it appears to be. AS has a history of weird shows, but even the random craziness of ATHF and Sealab could be nothing compared to this thing. Is the world prepared for Tom Goes to the Mayor!?

weird?
try gay, it is the worst original show that [as] has aired
i thought id give it a few eps to see if it turned out good because most of tim odenkirk's shows are good but he sunk with this one.
but that is only my opinion and about 1300 other ppls on the [asmb]
PostWed Jun 22, 2005 8:17 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Did you really need to ressurect a thread that's been dead for MONTHS just to call a show gay?

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jun 22, 2005 10:23 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Tom Goes to the Mayor: TOO Weird?
Well, nobody else had. Wink

But that's probably because the rest of us know better than to use the word "gay" as a derogatory adjective.
That's frowned upon and discouraged behavior.

trigun-1 wrote:
but that is only my opinion and about 1300 other ppls on the [asmb]

"That's nice, dear."
PostThu Jun 23, 2005 7:20 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: