нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Where Nobu and Dill obsess over Tenchi Muyo! OVA 3
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Where Nobu and Dill obsess over Tenchi Muyo! OVA 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
...and I come here bearing the gift of an EPISODE 15 synopsis. (Spoiler-filled, of course)

Without saying anything from the synopsis that would majorly spoil...*deep breath* HOW THE HELL MORE COMPLICATED CAN THIS WHOLE FAMILY TREE THING GET!?!?!? The whole "Human Genome Project" wasn't as intricate as this! I mean...*several random facial expressions meant to convey frustration, confusion, dumbfoundedness, and more confusion* HOLY JUMPING JEBUS, BATMAN!!!
PostThu Dec 25, 2003 11:47 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Rycel wrote:
Without saying anything from the synopsis that would majorly spoil...*deep breath* HOW THE HELL MORE COMPLICATED CAN THIS WHOLE FAMILY TREE THING GET!?!?!? The whole "Human Genome Project" wasn't as intricate as this! I mean...*several random facial expressions meant to convey frustration, confusion, dumbfoundedness, and more confusion* HOLY JUMPING JEBUS, BATMAN!!!

In the interest of fairness (and attempting to fix this thread) I honestly did NOT see that first one coming...the rest I knew about already.
Everyone else I've read in other forums is as shocked and puzzled as we are.
Can that cargo ship move any faster? *taps foot*
PostFri Dec 26, 2003 12:48 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:

*mind boggles*

I am SO confused...

But when's the action going to get going? I want to see Ryoko kick some butt and get Tenchi back!
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostFri Dec 26, 2003 7:17 am
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
Perhaps this relevent comedy classic from Spike Jones (and to those who know that I'm not talking about that skateboarding music video director; I salute you) might shed some light on the matter.

I'm My Own Grandpa
-------------
Many many years ago when I was twenty three,
I got married to a widow who was pretty as could be.

This widow had a grown-up daughter
Who had hair of red.
My father fell in love with her,
And soon the two were wed.

This made my dad my son-in-law
And changed my very life.
My daughter was my mother,
For she was my father's wife.

To complicate the matters worse,
Although it brought me joy,
I soon became the father
Of a bouncing baby boy.

*CHORUS*
I'm my own grandpa.
I'm my own grandpa.
It sounds funny, I know,
But it really is so.
I'm my own grandpa.

My little baby then became
A brother-in-law to dad.
And so became my uncle,
Though it made me very sad.

For if he was my uncle,
Then that also made him brother
To the widow's grown-up daughter
Who, of course, was my step-mother.

Father's wife then had a son,
Who kept them on the run.
And he became my grandson,
For he was my daughter's son.

My wife is now my mother's mother
And it makes me blue.
Because, although she is my wife,
She's my grandmother too.

*CHORUS*

If my wife is my grandmother,
Then I am her grandchild.
And every time I think of it,
It simply drives me wild.

For now I have become
The strangest case you ever saw.
As the husband of my grandmother,
I am my own grandpa!

*CHORUS*
PostFri Dec 26, 2003 9:43 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
*APPLAUSE*
*sniffle*

Ah, the Kentucky state song gets me every time... Wink

It's a joke, dammit! Everyone knows it's really Arkansas' state song.
PostFri Dec 26, 2003 10:58 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Your TINY words are TOO BIG. I can read them without any help.

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostSun Dec 28, 2003 2:43 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
The word Twit doesn't do you justice, really.
PostSun Dec 28, 2003 2:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Me? I am evil.

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostMon Dec 29, 2003 4:03 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
hahaha, you are nowhere NEAR evil.

And this is what I meant about the twit statement.

Twit.
.|
.|
.|
.|
\/
You
PostMon Dec 29, 2003 12:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Nah. I prefer:

I-D-I-O-T.

Kalma, what does that say?
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostMon Dec 29, 2003 12:39 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dammit, I haven't even received Episode 15 yet, and there's already title information for Episode 16. Mad

TM!R Ep. 16: *Aa, Onee-san/Alas, My Older Sister*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The new release date is the 17th of March 2004.

:Add: Apparently, there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for the information we received in episode 15. Turns out that *yet another character is older than they appear to be.*

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
PostMon Dec 29, 2003 10:44 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
Remember that giant schematic of the Soja Washu uses to explain to Mihoshi why they can't escape in ep.6? That has to be the size of Kajishima's character sheet. I sure hope the US release of OVA3 comes with a geneology roadmap for those of us who need a visual aid for this kind of stuff.
PostTue Dec 30, 2003 12:26 am

Post subject:
Quote:
I sure hope the US release of OVA3 comes with a geneology roadmap for those of us who need a visual aid for this kind of stuff.

If only the Doctor was here. He'd be able to provide some easy-to-understand explanation...

...or at least hand you a few painkillers and say 'I'll explain later.'
PostTue Dec 30, 2003 9:02 am
Soulfire

Post subject:
Trust me to forget to log in Sad
PostTue Dec 30, 2003 9:04 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Since it arrived on my doorstep 2 days ago, my impressions of Episode 15-"Iinazuke":

Shocking revelation aside, this was one funny episode, just from watching every characters' reactions to the situation. Remember, the audience isn't the only one having everything they've known about Tenchi's life get blown up like the Kingdome. Laughing

Picture-wise, everything's still bright and shiny. The best part: no flashbacks using the animation from the two previous series. Lots of exaggerated facial expressions, in keeping with the comedic nature of the episode.

Story-wise, there's a new sheriff in town. Noike appears to be a very nice person, and within five minutes, quietly seems to have taken over the delegation of the household chores, much to the chagrin of Ryoko and Ayeka. But no matter how much they try to oppose her, Noike just seems to have a knack for "killing them with kindness." And she has an appreciation for gardening. Looks like she'll make an excellent carrot farmer's wife. Laughing Laughing

As far as extra content on the DVD, there's the full-length behind-the-scenes recording of the ending theme, which, AFAIK, is still available from the series' website (link was posted a few pages back). Also some of the character model sheets, a floorplan of the Masaki house, and some room interiors.

Regarding the future storyline, If this OVA is set up like the previous two, we won't see any real conflict until the last two episodes.

Obligatory KOME comments: While everyone else is in the living room being formally introduced to Noike, Mihoshi is on the outside porch regaling Ryo-oh-ki with tales of her and Noike's adventures in the GP, complete with flying scissor-kicks. Very Happy

P.S.- A few screencaps courtesy of the AFC. Cool
PostThu Jan 01, 2004 7:00 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 14 of 26

Jump to: