нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - IGPX, anyone?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
IGPX, anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
CollegeBum wrote:
Na, that doesnt work on my computer for some reason, I can someone get me a copy of the "Real Downloand"..it worked so much better with my computer.

Well, jeez...

I might be able to get it to you. It's installed on my old old computer.
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 5:36 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Jeez, I only see episode 1 online, why is that?!

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 8:23 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
hehe, Razz nevermind, i they just showed up.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 8:25 pm
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
IGPX reminds me a lot of Zoids: Zero. From the scatterbrained team owner to the tough chick to the main character that's laid back yet skilled. And the animation style reminds me of .hack//sign.

me too, except the mecha is good animation rather than cel shaded CG. Also the animation style distinctly looks like zoids...
PostSat Sep 20, 2003 8:16 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Geese, am I the only one that likes cel shading here? When it's done right (as in Zoids: Zero) it is SUPER COOL.

Back to IGPX, however, there were many elements left unresolved. And it was super super cool. I hope the can make it into a series. I won't hold my breath, but it was superfantastic.

And I liked how they used old Toonami music for the closing credits. That was a nice throwback.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Sep 20, 2003 9:22 am
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
It was good. Too shortm but good. Who knows? Maybe it will see the light of day as a show on Toonami (like Big O, stupid Time Warner putting it on AS when it should be on Toonami).
PostSat Sep 20, 2003 10:01 am
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
definetely a good show, and well set up to be continued. i seriously hope they do

Btw, CP I didn't say I didn't like cel shading, just that sometimes true animation is better
PostSat Sep 20, 2003 10:06 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Of course true animation is sometimes better. But other methods are good in order to convey certain feelings and ideas. Take South Park. I contend that South Park has GOOD animation, because the style REALLY fits the show and is unique. In the same way, the cel shading fits Zoids: Zero in that it made their motions look much more smooth and fluid. The new Spiderman on MTV (did they cancel it already?) had CRAPPY cel shading. It was horrible. They did it all wrong. (There was much too much contrast and the movements weren't natural and basically everything EXCEPT for Spiderman himself looked and moved like crap. And even then Spiderman had that weird white outline . . . ick)

Point? The style of animation is only good if it helps to convey the point of the plot.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Sep 20, 2003 2:22 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
ToonamiL wrote:
Maybe it will see the light of day as a show on Toonami (like Big O, stupid Time Warner putting it on AS when it should be on Toonami).

Big O WAS on Toonami before.

...and it should never be on that block again.
PostSat Sep 20, 2003 4:13 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Why not put it back on Toonami? Its an action animated series. I think it fits the toonami block very well. In a lot of ways its like having Outlaw Star on toonami. I dont see why you think it wouldnt fit.

I have ranted on Toonamis ever changing style before. The reason i used to watch toonami. Is now the reason i watch a lot of the anime on AS. It was 3 hours of anime. I can see where Bebop and Trigun, although trigun was considered for toonami, shouldn't be on Toonami. Oh well I have been down this road before trying to defend anime on Toonami. I'll lose this argument like the others Smile
PostSun Sep 21, 2003 6:46 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
better late than never, right?

i was initially disappointed in friday's episode, because i wasn't expecting the cliffhanger ending, but after watching all five episodes again, it does make sense...i enjoyed takashi's ninja imitation (and the ninja turtles reference didn't hurt either), though with how easy he sliced through two sledge mamma's, you'd think he woulda pulled his ace earlier in the fight...

overall, i really enjoyed igpx, though it was the oddly the backstage stuff that pulled me in more than the actual fighting...i think that alone is proof of this being a viable series if it ever does happen...

hopefully this did good things for toonami's ratings...
PostSun Sep 21, 2003 9:09 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I only saw fridays ep...
PostSun Sep 21, 2003 12:38 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Why not put it back on Toonami? Its an action animated series. I think it fits the toonami block very well. In a lot of ways its like having Outlaw Star on toonami. I dont see why you think it wouldnt fit.

Plain and simple, it doesn't fit on the block. People who saw Big O on Toonami back in 2001 would probably know what I'm talking about. It just didn't feel...right...on that block.

Sure, the edits were minor and didn't really effect anything in the story (i.e. blood, religious references, etc.), but those edits gave viewers a weird "vibe" when they were watching it. Don't ask why, they just did.

Also, Big O aired on Toonami months before Adult Swim existed, but we knew from the various reports on Anime News Network, Anime News Service, etc. etc. that it was going to exist 5 months from then. As soon as Big O debuted on Toonami, we could apparently tell that the show was indeed intended for adults, and the series would be a lot better if it aired on that block and without edits, so we could safely watch the series without feeling that freaky vibe haunting us.

I speak from experience. Trust me, you wouldn't like Big O on Toonami. If you didn't see it during its Toonami run, then you dodged a bullet two years ago.

...one more thing: Would you want to see the best line in the whole series changed to "Cast in the name of GOOD, ye not guilty"? It just sounded so...childish and stupid. >_<
PostTue Sep 23, 2003 2:46 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
The edits were stupid. And I did see it 2 years ago. Its what got me interested in the show. But Gundam Wing had the same dumb edits as Big O. And that show is considered more what a toonami show is supposed to be right?

Remember the Wing midnite runs to show the unedited version? The biggest change was the use of the word God. And if you dont remember were. Its Duo's "I am the God of Death" references. And now im finding out that CN removed Gundam Wings actual ending as well. In both the edited 5 o'clock and midnite versions.

What about DBZ? A toonami staple until now. 20% of that show is removed for american airing. And we have never once been offered overnight uneditied versions. When I saw SVES was showing DBZ. I thought it was going to show them. No it takes renting them from Netflix to see what they thought was unfit for americans. SVES is just showing the same old shows in their same old version. But you have to admit. Taking HELL and making HFIL was a stroke of genius. It is a funny joke.

Its their channel. They are allowed to do what they want. But sometimes they assume we americans are god fearing idiots who are afraid of blood (see Batman Beyond for the digital removal of blood). But its the only source for this type of show on a consistent basis. So I watch. And if I really want to know what the full versions like. I just rent it from Netflix and sit through a second viewing.

As for "Cast in the name of Good". You could even see it was badly edited in. But if the choice is not see the show at all. Or put up with stupid edits. I'll take the stupid edits thank you. Besides in Season 1 the idea behind the Deuces as gods wasnt really explored. So it wasnt such a hinderence.

Last thing if you want to get into a stupid editing discussion. Talk about "Batman Beyond Return of the Joker" for its theatrical release. Not its TV release. I saw it before it was in theatres. It was a japanese subtitled version. And even this was on a tiny real player screeen. And I couldnt watch the new version because of all the changes. Watering down a good movie for adults and making it marketable to kids. Thats why when Return of the Joker came out on DVD in its unedited version. I jumped on it and bought it. I was disappointed that in the, otherwise excellent, running commentary. Not one mention was made of this. The changes made to water it down were huge. And it helped to kill the show being aimed at adults. How do you take the main plot point, which if you havent seen it involves the end of the joker, and make it so so weak?!!
PostTue Sep 23, 2003 6:37 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
As for "Cast in the name of Good". You could even see it was badly edited in. But if the choice is not see the show at all. Or put up with stupid edits. I'll take the stupid edits thank you.

*applause*
Quote:
Last thing if you want to get into a stupid editing discussion. Talk about "Batman Beyond Return of the Joker" for its theatrical release. Not its TV release. I saw it before it was in theatres. It was a japanese subtitled version. And even this was on a tiny real player screeen. And I couldnt watch the new version because of all the changes. Watering down a good movie for adults and making it marketable to kids. Thats why when Return of the Joker came out on DVD in its unedited version. I jumped on it and bought it. I was disappointed that in the, otherwise excellent, running commentary. Not one mention was made of this. The changes made to water it down were huge.

Actually, there were several references as to what the WB honchos wouldn't allow.
And I don't remember any theatrical release for ROTJ. It was supposed to be D-T-V.
PostTue Sep 23, 2003 6:50 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: