нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - FLCL
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
FLCL
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeenCrusader4

Post subject: FLCL
FLCL!!!

If there was ever an anime that showed what life as a young teen in an obscure city in the middle of Japan was like, this show isn't it. What it this show is is a crazy, action-packed comedy produced by two of the best anime production companies.

In this OVA, Naota is in the 6th grade and lives in Mabase, a mundane and quiet city in the middle of Japan where nothing much happens, which is why his brother left for America (Though there is not much to look foward there). He leaves behind his ditsy, 17-year old "girlfriend" who latches onto Naota and "cuddles" with him. Even with something like that, his life is boring and uneventful, that is until she shows up. Naota's bland life is turned upside down when a crazy 19-year old woman charges in on her Vespa and inadvertently runs Naota over and revives him, only to wack him in the head with a bass guitar, leaving a very strange horn (It's looks like a penis in the manga). The woman, who calls herself Haruko, later becomes a maid for Naota's guy-only family, though she doesn't help out much. Then the horn sprouts into a robot which Haruko breaks later and a giant robot hand that the other robot woops. How can things get even more confusing? Well somehow, it does.

It already has begun, and there is no stopping what is meant to be. Raven- The End - Teen Titans

Idiots do cool things, that's why it's cool.-FLCL
PostSun Jun 12, 2005 12:13 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
You don't need to summarize shows that have been on Adult Swim or are airing currently. This is a fan site. We've either seen it, or we know about it.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Jun 12, 2005 12:43 pm
liberator

Post subject:
There is a very specific reason why the things that come from Naota's head look phallic before they come out. But part of the fun is figuring out the theme of the series. And this being a Gainax production, there is a deeper meaning beyond the hilarious shenanigans.

Also, if we are posting here, I daresay we've seen FLCL already.
PostThu Jun 16, 2005 9:27 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I can't watch FLCL or listen to the Pillows anymore because it reminds me of my ex.

She was my Mamimi and I was her Ta-kun. *emo tear*

Last edited by Zechs on Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
PostFri Jun 17, 2005 3:05 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
She was your minmei? So basically a small annoying high pitched 15 year old asian girl? Did i mention annoying?

NO LONGER RELAVENT DUE TO EDIT OF PREVIOUS POST I HATE YOU ALL
PostFri Jun 17, 2005 6:39 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've seen this series two and a half times. The half consists of this recent run through. And I STILL have no idea what the point of the series is, other than making fun of other genres.

Bono, any chance you could enlighten me as to what the hell FLCL is actaully about? Or Fodder? Nubo? One of you three has to have a worth while explanation. I mean, I don't even understand hte PLOT, let alone the meaning.

PostFri Jun 17, 2005 1:13 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Bono, any chance you could enlighten me as to what the hell FLCL is actaully about? Or Fodder? Nubo? One of you three has to have a worth while explanation. I mean, I don't even understand hte PLOT, let alone the meaning.

Well, if you really want to know...*click* Wink
PostFri Jun 17, 2005 2:57 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
I was under the assumption that there's no real greater meaning. There probably is some symbolism, but the main point is to make you feel the emotions the series wants you to. The point can me summed to, "This is what life feels like some times."
Just sit back, enjoy the ride, and think about whatever you want to.
PostFri Jun 17, 2005 6:30 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I had been under the assumption it was about nothing as well. And thats how i watched it. It was more of a series to mock other animes.
PostFri Jun 17, 2005 10:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, lookit that, the three I named are the three that answered, with an added almighty JP answer to boot!

Aside from the "greater meaning", I still have no idea what the plot is about . . . oh well. I still enjoy whatever the hell it is that it is.

PostFri Jun 17, 2005 11:22 pm
LigerzeroGirl

Post subject:
hey, um wow, FLCL is cool...as you could tell by my avatar im a fan!!! lol but i do wish that the series was longer ^.^ its real funny!!! any ways, um yeah...lol im more of a zoids fan though!! lol! but as you can tell im a true fan girl of Zoids ^.^

Mod. note- No picture sigs allowed.
PostWed Jun 22, 2005 12:50 pm
death99955

Post subject: cool!
finally! someone sharing my appreciation in zoids! i got every single model i could find and more from e bay. Smile Smile Smile Very Happy

i blame the goverment!!!!!
PostWed Jun 22, 2005 1:17 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
What LigerzeroGirl was thiking when she wrote:
FLCL : Good :: Ziods : Better than FLCL : Good :: Ziods : Better than FLCL: (repeat a few thousand times)

PostSat Jun 25, 2005 1:23 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fooly Cooly is an acquired taste. Its also a far more mature non-action series then most anime fans would follow.

You have to turn your brain off to watch FLCL
PostSat Jun 25, 2005 3:18 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think you have to simultaneously turn your brain off, and turn it way up, to enjoy FLCL. The joy resides in the paradox.

PostSat Jun 25, 2005 6:20 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: