нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Music Thread - Feed the beast
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Music Thread - Feed the beast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RanmasLadyHalf

Post subject:
I haven't seen the DVD yet, but I'm looking forward to sseing Lars try and stay on his stool while doing all that furious drumming!
PostFri Jun 06, 2003 7:19 am
RanmasLadyHalf

Post subject:
A few quotes from various St. Anger reviews ganked from hmv.co.uk:

'They haven't made an album this angry, this alive, for nearly 20 years, and 'St Anger' needs to be canonised for that alone' - **** Bang

'Nu metal minnows, you may return to your cubbyholes. The true masters have awakened from their slumber' - 9/10 NME

'You can, once again, be proud of Metallica' - 9/10 Metal Hammer
PostSat Jun 07, 2003 7:39 am
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
RanmasLadyHalf wrote:
I haven't seen the DVD yet, but I'm looking forward to sseing Lars try and stay on his stool while doing all that furious drumming!

If you want to see some furious drumming download some of Travis Barker's drum solos.
PostSat Jun 07, 2003 10:54 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
Living in a small town is good for no gangs, but sucks for no concerts.
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 3:30 pm
GashouseGorilla

Post subject:
Not sure if this has been covered, but I can't stop watchin that Junior Senior video for 'Move your feet'. I recommend you download and watch it! That squirrel is drinking and smoking? Now I've seen everything!!

http://www.shynola.com/j_s/j_s_download.htm
PostThu Jun 19, 2003 4:54 pm
Shinobo

Frequenter

Post subject:
I should mention that I saw a Dismemberment Plan show here in good ole' Milwaukee on Wednesday night. Twas awesome.
PostFri Jun 20, 2003 12:29 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Lil' Kim was on her way to an awards show where she was nominated as best female hip hop artist when she saw her 250,000 Queen Bee necklace stolen from her Louis Vuitton bag. The bag had up to $500,000 in jewelry including the necklace. A error at the check-in counter caused the bag to be mixed up with eight other pieces of Lil' Kim's luggage. She realized the mistake and the flight was delayed while the bag was retrieved. She got her bag back, some jewelry was found while others pieces were gone and the bag looked tampered with. Lil' Kim filed a report for lost jewelry, Port Authority police are investigating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apparently there was no point in naming a winner on AMERICAN IDOL, as now RCA and J Records have announceed that both Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken's full albums will be released August 19.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 12:52 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Santana is already working on his next album, HYMNS. The album will be totally instrumental. "Basically instrumental hymns, just instrumental songs," Santana said. "Kind of like Eric Johnson or Steve Vai--not that I'm going in that direction, but more in the sense that it's instrumental." The album will be finished soon and should be released before the end of this year or in early 2004.

Phil Ramone veteran, legendary record producer has his first Broadway musical on his hands. Ramone has composed the music for comedian Jackie Mason's new show, which will open in the fall.

Diana Ross is seeking to have the results of several breath tests tossed out. Ross, has pleaded innocent to the Dec. 30 charge which she faces three DUI-related charges. Police say she her blood alcohol concentration was 0.20 percent, Arizona legal limit is 0.08 percent, where Ross has a home. Ross, testified for about 10 minutes. Ross says, she felt threatened by police. The Police report wrote that the singer was unable to walk a straight line and fell while trying to stand on one leg and count to 10.

Fenway Park, for the first time will be used for a major rock concert. The featured performer is Bruce Springsteen. The 36,000 seat arena is the perfect venue for Springsteins concert. It was also announced Monday there would be concerts in three other major league ballparks: Chicago's Comiskey Park, Detroit's Comerica Park and Milwaukee's Miller Park. Concerts at stadiums in Chapel Hill, N.C., and in Buffalo, N.Y., also were announced. Springsteen, 53, is in the middle of a tour that began in August 2002 and will now extend to the end of September. Nearly 3 million tickets have been sold. Springsteen's publicists say the show is scheduled for Sept. 6. Boston's licensing office has thirty days to make a decision on the use of Fenway Park.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Jun 24, 2003 6:34 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Since at least someone might be interested! Look n my world Wink

Sony have made a new record label area called Tofu Records (hp http://www.jpopcd.com ) and are releasing the aptly titled 'JPOP CD' in the near future featuring some of their well known acts such as JUDY and MARY, Hyde and Ken Hirai as well as mixing in some anime themes such as the new, but popular, Gundam Seed OP 'Believe'.

The target is anime/Jpop fans who usually download mp3s I guess but this is one of the first few steps to get JPop from well knopwn artists to the US.

I guess.

Tsunku, lord of the Hello! Project domain has put out a request for girls aged 15 to 24 in search of a new unit. Given the age range fans hope it will be a more mature sound which can be given from so few units of H!P. Girls are asked to send in video tapes of themselves singing a chourus of Morning Musume's 'AS FOR ONE DAY' in hopes of seeing themselves in the new unit.

This comes less than three weeks after the annoucement of the new Hello! Project unit ROMANS (proncounced Romance) featuring a new sexy image from several girls from different units including Mari and from Morning Musume and Ayaka from Cocconuts Musume. Although this unit has been greeted with um...critisism on...er...their heavy make-up, it seems that Tsunku is making up for the lack in maturity and sexiness in one large go with this new unit.

So...um yay!

rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 3:32 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Some Bands Spurn Apple's iTunes Online Music Store
Wed July 2, 2003 07:56 PM ET
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rock bands The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Metallica are refusing to make their music available as individual downloads on Apple Computer Inc's AAPL.O iTunes online music store, a representative for the bands, said on Wednesday.
That move comes in response to Apple's decision to allow users to buy single tracks and is intended to protect the future of the long-playing album, the format that has dominated the music industry for decades, an agent for the bands said.

"Our artists would rather not contribute to the demise of the album format," said Mark Reiter, with Q Prime Management Co., which manages the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica and several other artists.

Green Day and Linkin Park, according to a source familiar with the situation, have also refused to make their songs available as individual downloads on the Apple service, which has already sold more than 5 million songs since launching this spring.

According to Reiter, Apple refuses to sell albums in their entirety unless the artists also allow the tracks on the album to be sold independently as digital downloads.

"We can't let a distributor dictate the way our artists sell their music," Reiter said, adding that the business terms were otherwise acceptable.

Apple had no immediate comment.

Calling the issue more a "creative issue than a financial issue," Reiter said the artists felt that if consumers can download their singles, they are less apt to buy entire albums.

"If you download a single, you may ignore the other tracks on the album," he said. "When our artists record a body of work, it's what they deem to be representative of their careers at that time."

P.S.- Green Day does offer tracks at iTMS- Nobu

Maybe this is why...

'Hypocritical' Metallica launches music download service
It'll be Alanis Morissette next... and that really would be ironic...

Call it a change of heart or call it hypocrisy, but Metallica, the band who famously hounded Napster all the way into extinction is to launch its own free music download service.

Metallicavault.com is set to go live on Thursday and users will be able to access the service using a code printed on the inside of the band's latest CD.

With very little sense of irony, Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich said in a statement: "We've always wanted our fans to experience our music online."

"But up until now, the existing distribution methods have not passed the kind of 'quality' standards our fans have come to expect from us," he added.

Its anti-Net phase now apparently over, Metallica joins with other musicians and recording labels using the web to promote albums. Madonna recently created a huge buzz when she sold her "American Life" single on Madonna.com.

When file-swapping exploded in peer-to-peer communities such as Napster, the members of Metallica were among the first artists to lash out. The band sued Napster in April 2000; and at the time, the band implicated more than 335,000 Napster screen names for sharing Metallica songs online illegally. The band wasn't threatening to sue the software users, but demanded that Napster block them from its MP3-swapping service.

At the time, the Metallica lawsuit said: "Napster has built a business based on large-scale piracy. Facilitating that are hypocritical universities and colleges who could easily block this insidious and ongoing thievery scheme."

Despite the heated charges, the band now says its early grievances were merely about the quality of music offered through Napster file-swapping, not about the theft.

Metallica's suit was later combined with many other similar suits against Napster, which were resolved when a federal judge ordered Napster to block copyrighted music files.
PostThu Jul 03, 2003 10:29 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oh ya. I'm going to a Wierd Al concert tommorow at the House of Blues in Orlando. Hopefully it'll be pretty sweet like spook says.

Anyway I'll have a little report here when I come back on monday.
PostFri Jul 04, 2003 5:51 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah i've heard most of his new songs, and they're good, have fun and tell us all about it. I'm currently waiting for the new John Mayer album "Heavier Things" and I don't like John Mayer like young girls do, i think he's a very talented guitarist and songwriter, i love playing his songs, they're awesome. And i've been wondering about a new Cold Play album, but i haven't heard anything about them.if anyone has please tell me.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostFri Aug 08, 2003 11:59 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
The weird al concert is awasome. It was a lot of fun in vegas. Great show
PostSat Aug 09, 2003 3:32 pm
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Goldfinger2K wrote:
Yeah i've heard most of his new songs, and they're good, have fun and tell us all about it. I'm currently waiting for the new John Mayer album "Heavier Things" and I don't like John Mayer like young girls do, i think he's a very talented guitarist and songwriter, i love playing his songs, they're awesome. And i've been wondering about a new Cold Play album, but i haven't heard anything about them.if anyone has please tell me.

peace

Nothing about a new album but I love Coldplay.

Nobody said it was easy..
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostThu Sep 25, 2003 3:18 pm
GoufCustom

Post subject:
Most recent purchases:

The Mars Volta- De-loused in the Comatorium
Overkill- Years of Decay
A Perfect Circle- Thirteenth Step

I love the new APC, it's fucking amazing! Very Happy
PostSun Sep 28, 2003 10:36 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: