нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - 4Kids sold to Konami and Saban
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
4Kids sold to Konami and Saban
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject: 4Kids sold to Konami and Saban
Via Anime News Network:

Quote:
On Friday, North American anime distributor 4Kids filed a notice in its bankruptcy case that outlines who will take over its contracts and obligations. Under a proposed agreement, Kidsco Media Ventures LLC (an affiliate of Saban Capital) and 4K Acquisition Corp. (an indirect subsidiary of Japan's Konami Corporation) would divide the assets and obligations of 4Kids.

The proposed agreement has not been finalized, since Judge Shelley C. Chapman still has to approve the proposed agreement after a June 20 hearing.

What Saban gets:

Toonzai
Cubix
Dragon Ball Kai
Sonic X

What Konami gets:

4Kids' 23rd/24th Street offices in New York City
Everything Yu-Gi-Oh!
Toonzaki

Last edited by Daikun on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSat Jun 16, 2012 4:20 pm
goku262002

Post subject:
DBZ Back with SABAN?! Lol. I know its just airing rights but I still find it funny. Yeah figured Konami would get Yu-gi-oh! back but why do they get their buildings?!

So now everybody gets what they wanted, 4kids purged from this world. but now the question remains what new beast will replace the imbalence?...
PostSat Jun 16, 2012 7:08 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
goku262002 wrote:
So now everybody gets what they wanted, 4kids purged from this world. but now the question remains what new beast will replace the imbalence?...

I'm guessing Saban again. The 90s are back since they have DBZ and Power Rangers back, and they've practically turned 2001 on its head by buying back the Saturday morning block from the people who bought theirs.

Now they have a chance to reignite themselves like in the Fox Kids days.

Honestly, I'm quite surprised that Konami got Yu-Gi-Oh! and their offices. Aren't they a video game company? What would they do with all that stuff? You would think another anime distributor would pick up that property.
PostSat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I kind of feel sorry for 4Kids because they were at least trying to turn themselves around and make amends for their past mistakes once they were rid of Khan, but too much damage was already done and they couldn't keep themselves from sinking.

I place almost all the blame on Khan. His poor decisions really doomed the company.
But why should he care? He got to milk the company for all it's worth and retire fat and happy. Like a rat fleeing a ship before it crashed.
PostSat Jun 16, 2012 9:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Honestly, I'm quite surprised that Konami got Yu-Gi-Oh! and their offices. Aren't they a video game company?

Much more than that, as well as being the Japanese owners of YGO in the first place.
Quote:
What would they do with all that stuff?

Rule with an iron fist from a NY-based HQ. Wink
PostSun Jun 17, 2012 4:50 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Much more than that, as well as being the Japanese owners of YGO in the first place.

How interesting. I didn't know that.
PostSun Jun 17, 2012 6:37 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
UPDATE:

Saban will be launching Vortexx on The CW. It will run on Saturday mornings from 7AM-noon starting August 25. Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy and Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal have been confirmed to air on the block. There will also be an online streaming service, available at MyVortexx.com.

EDIT: Oh, and Konami got Toonzaki, the original online site that 4Kids once owned.
PostFri Jul 13, 2012 6:53 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
And now we have a programming line-up:

7:00 a.m. CubixIn
7:30 a.m. Rescue Heroes
8:00 a.m. Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy
8:30 a.m. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal
9:00 a.m. Iron Man: Armored Adventures
9:30 a.m. Justice League Unlimited
10:00 a.m. WWE Saturday Morning Slam
10:30 a.m. Dragon Ball Z Kai
11:00 a.m. Yu-Gi-Oh! Classic
11:30 a.m. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal
PostSat Aug 11, 2012 10:19 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
9:30 a.m. Justice League Unlimited

Wow. I wasn't expecting that.

Quote:
10:00 a.m. WWE Saturday Morning Slam

...This is a Saturday morning kids' block, right? Confused
PostSat Aug 11, 2012 1:53 pm
goku262002

Post subject:
This is strange. is like an old 90s block sort of, and a DC show back on a WB/CW block?!

And Iron Man: Armored Adventures? I thought Nicktoons owned that one?

Yeah lets all just avoid that WWE show there, doesn't belong on a kids block.
PostSun Aug 12, 2012 6:25 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
goku262002 wrote:
And Iron Man: Armored Adventures? I thought Nicktoons owned that one?

Both networks also shared DBZ Kai.
PostSun Aug 12, 2012 9:09 pm
goku262002

Post subject:
Guess Nicktoons and CW get along real well then!
PostTue Aug 14, 2012 9:30 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
goku262002 wrote:
Guess Nicktoons and CW get along real well then!

One of CW's co-owners is CBS, who is owned by National Amusements.

Nickelodeon's parent company is National Amusements.

So yes, they're actually pretty friendly.
PostWed Aug 15, 2012 3:15 pm
goku262002

Post subject:
Vortexx appeared today, anyone watching/watched? (Depends on the timezone)
PostSat Aug 25, 2012 8:48 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
via ANN:
Quote:
Saban Brands confirmed on Tuesday that it has acquired the Digimon anime franchise outside of Asia. Saban noted that it will work with MarVista Entertainment to distribute the series outside of Asia. Toei Animation will handle licensing and distribution of the franchise in Asia.

Saban "will debut the newest season, Digimon Fusion," to potential broadcasters and distributors at the MIPCOM event in Cannes, France on October 8-11. Digimon Xros Wars premiered in Japan in 2010, and its follow-up Digimon Xros Wars: Toki o Kakeru Shōnen Hunter-tachi premiered last October. Neither of these television series have aired in North America yet, but Crunchyroll streamed the first series and simulcast the second series as it aired in Japan.

Saban Entertainment's Fox Family Worldwide distributed the first Digimon Adventure anime series in North America in 1999, just months after its debut in Japan.

New Video Group is slated to release the complete first season of Digimon Adventure on DVD on October 9. Twentieth Century Fox and Buena Vista Home Entertainment both previously released part of the series on DVD in 2000 and 2002, respectively.

Hmm...
PostThu Sep 27, 2012 6:01 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: