ะฝะตั‚

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Thong Man
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Thong Man

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ludwika

Frequenter

Post subject: Thong Man
Nothing wrong with a man's thong ...
Quote:

Though he appears nearly naked from time to time, Joseph Gottschalk is legally covered.
"Don't they call that a thong? I think it's disgusting," said Norm Sutton, 66, of the undressed man who rides his bike around Southside Lions Park.

San Antonio Park Police have received several complaints over the past month about a man who cruises on a bicycle wearing only shoes and a thong — a swimsuit or undergarment that doesn't cover the buttocks.

"This is unique, let me tell you. Normal general public doesn't do that," said Park Police Capt. Raymond Castro. "But he's within his civil rights and legal rights to wear his thong."

According to state law, no offense is committed if the man has "his anus and genitals" covered, Castro said. Which the thong does, if nothing else.

Gottschalk, 52, an unemployed truck driver who dabbles in carpentry, is aware of his rights and compares riding nearly naked to driving the maximum legal speed limit.

"It doesn't take much clothing to take care of the requirement," he said. "I call it exhibitionism.

"We all claim to believe in the value of personal liberty, but we don't," he said. "No one person has the right to outrank the law and tell me what to wear."

Ed Mitchell, 63, a retired Bexar County deputy who frequents the park, shook his head at the fine line that keeps Gottschalk from going to jail for indecent exposure or disorderly conduct.

"That little bit he's got on, a fig leaf would probably cover more than that," he said.

Ivonne Castoreno, 33, said Gottschalk keeps to himself, but she changed her walking schedule after seeing him a couple of times. Her 13-year-old son was with her.

"What disturbs me is that he's doing this by a public park around small children," she said. "Look at this guy — you know, he's not hiding much. Keep it in the bedroom."

Gottschalk has been contacted by police at least 20 times in the past four years regarding his lack of attire.

When asked about the criticism, he raised his arms high and averred that seeing the human body is not traumatic.

"I am a person. How could it possibly harm anyone — child or not —— to see a person? It can't," he said.

Gottschalk, who is divorced, has four sons, ages 14 to 25.

"They consider me to be a mild embarrassment, but they love me," he said.

Some at the park near Hiawatha and Pecan Valley streets just smiled.

"He comes here often wearing the same black thong," said Marisa Ayala, 26, who like many others in the area enjoys walking in the park before the heat of the day sets in. "He doesn't look like he bothers anybody. He's just riding around."

Betty Seibold, 57, who lives down the street from Gottschalk, said she's seen him mow his lawn and wash his truck in the skimpy attire.

"From an artistic perspective, he's attractive looking," said Seibold, a retired schoolteacher of 32 years. "He's in good shape. His behavior may seem strange to us, but we are all a little strange in different ways. We are all eccentric."

Just before getting back on his bicycle, Gottschalk clipped on his cell phone.

"I am sane," he said. "Heck, I am better than sane. I basically love life. ... You gotta find some humor in life."

I live around the area where the man rides he's bike and I don't find it so much as offensive but only amusing. He isn't harming anyone, he's just a old dude wearing a thong riding on his bike.

So how many of you think he's causing some kind of travesty by doing so?
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 1:02 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Considering I live 1,500 miles away, I'm not bothered a bit. Wink
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 2:19 am
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
A clear thong would be more newsworthy.
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 7:54 am
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
He's just one of those people who knows what the laws are and tries to see how far he can go with it. I just hope he doesn't go too far.
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 11:34 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Meh, I think it's kina cool...
Like streaking, but legal...
*Concockts plan with self and FAK*
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 12:04 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
I don't think FAK will beup to it
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 1:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DeeLite

Frequenter

Post subject:
I would think it would be sorta unconformable to wear a thong while riding a bike.Especially for a man to be doing, considering everything is being more than compress...but whatever, there should be more Thong Men riding there bikes! Smile
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 2:06 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
This is really not newsworthy since it is not educational like rabid monkeys escaping from the zoo. That's educational in many ways.
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 3:28 pm
Ludwika

Frequenter

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
Meh, I think it's kina cool...
Like streaking, but legal...
*Concockts plan with self and FAK*

Yeah, Bono! Make it a clear thong though ...
PostThu Jun 12, 2003 2:13 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'ld go with translucent if I were you. Clear would definitly get you in trouble.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostThu Jun 12, 2003 1:29 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Flourescent transluscent!
PostThu Jun 12, 2003 1:45 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
I um... Was just joking. Maybe if I didn't have man boobies...
PostThu Jun 12, 2003 3:49 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ludwika wrote:
Make it a clear thong though ...

Flesh-colored. Nothing like the classic "double-take" reaction...
PostThu Jun 12, 2003 4:42 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
*Pictures old lady with flesh colored bathing suit, and SHIVERS.* Sorry, past traumatic experience . . .

But I think this story is funny. Let him have his way. I think it will loosen people up and benefit the nation.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Jun 12, 2003 8:13 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Don't man-thongs have a pouch-like protrusion in the front for more comfort? Much like Steve-o's leopard thong from Jackass.
I don't think he's hurting anyoneso who cares. It's just funny.
From what I see the only people complaining are the older people. like 50+

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostThu Jun 12, 2003 11:46 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: