нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Premiere Talkback: Casshern Sins
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Premiere Talkback: Casshern Sins
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject: Premiere Talkback: Casshern Sins
I suppose it's time we created talkback threads for the return of Toonami.

This thread is dedicated to discussions of Casshern Sins, one of two premiering shows on the new Toonami lineup.

This 24-episode series takes place in a world that has fallen to decay following the assassination of a girl named Luna. Her assassin, Casshern, survives the apocalypse following her death, but he succumbed to amnesia in the process. Now, he must find his purpose in his new ravaged world.

Enjoy the premiere every Saturday at 1.0AM. Only Toonami.
PostSat May 26, 2012 9:35 pm
vegeta87952

Post subject:
it was a decent enough episode. it was sort of confusing, but i did miss some of it. and at the end, when they looked like they were about to fight, and then the cut to credits. i'll definitely watch this next week.

Last edited by vegeta87952 on Sat May 26, 2012 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSat May 26, 2012 10:28 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
I know casshern is one of those long running, older Japanese series so I'll probably need to read up on the plot to really get into it. The production value seems rather high. All I can really say is that, so far, casshern reminds me of Zero from the MMX series.
PostSat May 26, 2012 10:39 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
gfpaperboy22 wrote:
I know casshern is one of those long running, older Japanese series so I'll probably need to read up on the plot to really get into it.

This should help. Wink
PostSun May 27, 2012 1:31 am
goku262002

Post subject:
gfpaperboy22 wrote:
I know casshern is one of those long running, older Japanese series so I'll probably need to read up on the plot to really get into it. The production value seems rather high. All I can really say is that, so far, casshern reminds me of Zero from the MMX series.

Nah man more definate MMZ Zero then MMX Zero vibes.
PostSun May 27, 2012 2:16 am
JayTheBrainMann

Post subject:
For some reason, the intro reminded me of Super Mario Strikers...

Anyways, I thought it was kinda interesting. I don't know, my favorite character was that cute little Ringo. Embarassed
PostSun May 27, 2012 11:36 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Still image...
Still image...
Still image...
Still image...
Still image...

This is the greatest anime intro I've ever seen.
PostSun May 27, 2012 7:07 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
My thoughts on episode 2.

A much better episode than the "ho-hum" episode 1. The melodrama goes way up this week, and I felt a bit more invested in it than last time.

This makes me concerned about the premise, though. Is every episode from here on going to be a bunch of Monster of the Week battles? There has to be more to it than that.

I hope...
PostSun Jun 03, 2012 2:43 am
vegeta87952

Post subject:
this is a pretty good followup to the last week episode. I did find it kind of sad at the end of the episode, though. but i can't say that i didn't expect something like that to happen.
PostSun Jun 03, 2012 9:24 am
JayTheBrainMann

Post subject:
Is someone keeping notes on how many times the words "Kill Casshern... Destroy Casshern... Devour Casshern..."? If not, they should. It's almost a joke now and it's only the second episode!
PostSun Jun 03, 2012 12:41 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
This show just keeps improving with each episode.

For those of you playing the "KILL CASSHERN!" drinking game, you'll be pretty sober tonight.

At least Toonami was nice enough to be in on the joke with that promo. Laughing

I liked Akos. He was a fun character.
PostSun Jun 10, 2012 2:41 am
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Gotta say, I'm really enjoying the art style. Everything just seems to have a flow about it.
PostSun Jun 10, 2012 6:35 am
goku262002

Post subject:
Probably missing the obvious, but why did Friender spare Casshern? He seemed fully intent on avenging that girl from the previous episode.

Akos was pretty cool guy, shame that he had to die. what was he dying from?
PostSun Jun 10, 2012 7:35 am
vegeta87952

Post subject:
another great episode of casshern this week. for a while i thought akos was going to be a main character. then he jumped off a cliff. oh well, teaser for next week looked pretty cool.

Quote:
Probably missing the obvious, but why did Friender spare Casshern? He seemed fully intent on avenging that girl from the previous episode.

I would assume because other than casshern he knew nobody else, and after she died he was probably lonely.

Quote:

lung cancer, maybe?
PostSun Jun 10, 2012 9:04 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
goku262002 wrote:

It sounded more to me like a thematic device. The entire episode's theme was about running away, and since Casshern decided to stop running and just accept his fate, it showed that he overcame a major stepping stone in his character development. Thus, he was spared because he simply learned his lesson.

Quote:

I don't think it really matters. He was just another victim of the Ruin.
PostSun Jun 10, 2012 1:31 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: