нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Take THAT, Narutards! ;-)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Take THAT, Narutards! ;-)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Good News?
Yes, now I can watch it on Kid's WB!
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
No, I wanted to watch it on 4KidsTV
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
What the Gouf? [as] or bust!
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
[as]? Funk that. Only Toonami, baby!
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 23

counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
As far as I know, all we know is that it's airing in "Fall". Cartoon Netowrk usually posts its sechedule a few weeks in advance of air date. I'm SURE the exact date will be posted on the front page of the Infolink as soon as it's posted on Cartoon Network's website.

Basically, what I'm saying is, we don't know yet, because Cartoon Network hasn't decided yet. Stick around and you'll know as soon as we do, and we know as soon as anyone knows. Usually.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Jun 04, 2005 4:33 pm
Ukki

Post subject:
Nartuo being dubbed on any station is bad news. =.=
PostSun Jun 05, 2005 7:44 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
No, your face is bad news. Dubbing is NOT the devil. NOOOOOT the devil. Say it with me now, Dubbing is Not the devil. Dubbing is good for the soul. GOOD for the soul.

PostSun Jun 05, 2005 8:59 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dubbing opens an anime up to a much larger audience. Dont all you Narutards want that?

Subtitled makes you watch two things at once and you miss a lot of the action that way. Watching Samurai Champloo I like the dubbed and subtitled version equally. But i do miss just being able to listen to it insted of having it become an english class.
PostMon Jun 06, 2005 7:08 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
Why do you guys call us narutards?
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostTue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Its the general bum rap given to over the top fans of naruto. Even while the show was being fansubbed early on, it was obvious that it would attract the same retarded monkey children that made DBZ an embaressing show to watch.
PostTue Jun 07, 2005 8:49 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Play on words. There are a LOT of people out there that are of the following opinions:

First, the opinion: "NARUTO IZ TEH BEST EVA!!!!!1111one"

Second, and more annoyingly, "Naruto should not be dubbed. That is an injustice to the show."

Thus, Narutards is like n00b, only more specific. Easy way not to be labeled a Narutard? Don't be stupid. And if you are being stupid, stop being stupid. Really, its that simple, and anyone can do it.

PostTue Jun 07, 2005 8:50 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
For me DBZ was not embarrasing to watch because it was a good anime and I wont stop watching something I like just because its popular. By the way DBZ, for me is the best anime ever created. Not to imply that I was offended by your comment.

I was once a narutard but I can support why it is good now.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostTue Jun 07, 2005 8:52 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Don't get me wrong, I loved DBZ when I first saw it. However, I stopped watching it when it stopped attracting the older mature audience and floods of preteen fans became the norm associated with the show. A show can be good but when the fans act immature and retarded, then it brings down the program.

The fans often times made fools of themselves, like on message boards by putting down any other show just because they hadn't seen anything else. In communities like mine where there are hardly any anime fans, it was hard enough trying to avoid insult, but then the fans would wear DBZ clothing, Bleach and spike their hair, and every damn art project was a mosaic of Goku.

Sadly, the same will happen with Naruto when it hits the airwaves in the US. Soon, you'll find a Naruto TCG, extremely bad Naruto videogame knock offs, and then this message board will be flooded by people who say every anime sucks compared to Naruto.

And mark my words, Naruto will end up bearing the blunt of anti-violence in kids shows.
PostTue Jun 07, 2005 9:10 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Which is always funny because DBZ and Naruto are pretty tame compared to some of the stuff that's say, running on adult swim right now. (Episode of GITS:SAC where a man tortures people by skinning them alive, anyone?) Then again, most over and under-parents don't want to admit that their kids are up that late, nor smart enough to program a VCR.
PostWed Jun 08, 2005 12:24 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah if you think of all the content that was removed from DBZ. I believe I saw the number as 20% of the shows were edited for american audiences. All references to religion were removed. Blood was digitally removed ect.

Now you look at Samurai Champloo -I so want to call it Samurai Shampoo - and you wander what the big deal was. Like you said kids are watching the series using TiVO or VCR's. Cowboy Bebop and Trigun were both thought of as being to rough for the 5-7pm Toonami crowd as well. Although I dont know Trigun wouldnt have worked. It really wasnt that violent of a series.

For the record Vegito Im here because of DBZ. I was a huge fan until the 400000000th time it was in repeats. And GT is a miseable excuse for a series.

As a fan of DBZ though I have never gone back and rewatched the series in its unedited form. I guess I just got so bored with the story thanks to the repeats. Which is a shame because the injokes to a lot of other animes make it more interesting to watch.
PostWed Jun 08, 2005 6:36 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ukki

Post subject:
When an anime gets dubbed an put on Toonami, it's the end of the series....

Naruto is going to be horrid now.
PostWed Jun 08, 2005 12:08 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:

Second, and more annoyingly, "Naruto should not be dubbed. That is an injustice to the show."

Ukki wrote:
When an anime gets dubbed an put on Toonami, it's the end of the series....

Naruto is going to be horrid now.

See what we mean? And dubs on toonami don't kill a series, unless its dubbed by 4kids. Then the series is ruined.
PostWed Jun 08, 2005 12:26 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject: As if anyone had heard of Ronin Warriors before Toonami
Ukki wrote:
When an anime gets dubbed an put on Toonami, it's the end of the series...

Man, Gundam Wing's popularity sure tanked when it aired on Toonami. Outlaw Star's too. Rolling Eyes
PostWed Jun 08, 2005 2:20 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
You know Bono? You're SO right! And DBZ didn't get super popular from airing on Toonami either. Popular enough that the as they went along they edited less and are even going to air the original 64 episodes in a less eidited format. Nooo, that didn't happen at all. Toonami kills every series it lays it's hands on. I hate Toonami.

*Sarcasm meter explodes*

PostWed Jun 08, 2005 2:34 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: