нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well alot of those show reruns/syndicated nighttime shows during the day. They don't have the original programming for it to happen. The only three that could really pull it off are NBC, ABC, and CBS. Seeing as how they are the only ones who have the only original programming during the day that this is a plausible event.

Now if CN showed one at any time at all THAT would be a shocker beyond all shockers.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Apr 14, 2003 10:30 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
I can see where you're getting at, but don't you think it's totally ironic that the first channel to break this barrier would be a Disney-owned network? I mean, wouldn't you expect a less kid-oriented company to do it first, like AOL Time Warner (TBS Superstation, The WB, etc.), Viacom (The New TNN, Comedy Central), or News Corp. (Fox)?

I believe "Daytime TV" means mainly soap operas, which confines it to regular, non-cable channels. That eliminates Time Warner pretty much altogether.
PostTue Apr 15, 2003 12:23 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
stFalcon5 wrote:
Daikun wrote:
I can see where you're getting at, but don't you think it's totally ironic that the first channel to break this barrier would be a Disney-owned network? I mean, wouldn't you expect a less kid-oriented company to do it first, like AOL Time Warner (TBS Superstation, The WB, etc.), Viacom (The New TNN, Comedy Central), or News Corp. (Fox)?

I believe "Daytime TV" means mainly soap operas, which confines it to regular, non-cable channels. That eliminates Time Warner pretty much altogether.

But what about Fox and Viacom?
PostTue Apr 15, 2003 12:43 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wasn't it fox who gave us the first lesbian kiss on tv in general? I know the first lesbian was Ellen on ABC so it's not exactly a new topic for ABC, actually its fairly old news for them.

PostTue Apr 15, 2003 2:08 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Although even the director and the actor don't know anything about the project, producers of the "X-Men" movie and the upcoming "X2" sequel foresee a film spin-off for their most popular character, Wolverine.

In an interview with Zap2it.com on Sunday (April 13), producer Lauren Shuler Donner confirms that she wants to see a spin-off live action film of "Wolverine" -- played by Hugh Jackman -- and possibly the bad-guy Magneto, who is played by Ian McKellen.

"I can definitely see that happening, yes," says Donner, who has owned the rights to the Marvel characters for nearly a decade. "When I first read about the characters, I though that Wolverine was the most amazing character, he's a tragic hero."

Wolverine, played by the Australian actor Jackman, is a hairy mutant with retractable knives that come out of his hands during battle and cause him great pain, but he also has super-healing powers and his wounds close quickly. He is a loner, has no memory of his past, and is in love with another superhero, who is already committed.

Producer Ralph Winter says that the "X-Men" director Bryan Singer will undoubtedly be a part of any of the spin-offs because he has so intensely delved into the world of the team of mutants who are battling evil. "Bryan has a great insight into what makes the series such a popular piece of pop culture," Winter says. "He makes these characters seem real, like they live next door."

Singer, who says he has not yet signed the deal for a third film in the series, also says he knows nothing about any spin-off projects at this time.

And neither does Jackman, who tells Zap2it, "I'd do it if there is such a project, I love this character so much, it's a gift."

And Donner can see no one better to play the part, although at one point Dougray Scott (the bad guy in "Mission Impossible 2") was cast to play the part of Wolverine. Scheduling conflicts kept the actor from taking the part, and Jackman was pulled from doing the musical "Oklahoma" and cast at the last minute with some initial hesitation from the director -- until the 6-foot-3-inch Aussie walked onto the set in person.

"I can't see anyone playing Wolverine except Hugh Jackman, he has the sensitivity and testosterone to play the part," Donner gushes. "And he's a terrific actor!"

Last edited by Spookmonkey on Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Apr 15, 2003 12:21 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hugh Jackman, who stars in Universal's upcoming vampire-hunter film Van Helsing, told SCI FI Wire that he wields weapons, rides horses and does 19th-century martial arts in the movie, which is currently shooting in Prague and Los Angeles. "I've got so many weapons in Van Helsing, I've lost count," Jackman said in an interview while promoting his upcoming X-Men sequel, X2. "I'm almost like one of those watch salesmen. I have this huge overcoat [mimes opening his coat]. It almost becomes a joke by the end. My ... sidekick is going, 'Well, what else do you got in there?' I pull out this crossbow, and I got this and a mace, and you name it."

Jackman stars as a younger version of the monster slayer from Bram Stoker's original Dracula novel, and the Australian actor compared the role favorably with his most famous character, X-Men's Wolverine. "It's probably more physical," he said. "It's just a little more action. ... There's horse riding and wire work, because I get lifted up. And there's fight sequences on a huge scale. Wolverine is pretty intense. ... [But] some of the [stunts] in Van Helsing [are] going to be way up in the sky, flying around, so it's a lot of fun."

Jackman added, "The whole tone of the movie is different. ... And he's [got] a little more of a glint in the eye." Jackman showed up wearing long hair, which he had to grow for the role and which will be extended with hairpieces, he said. "It's considerably longer," he said, adding: "Charlie's Angels long."

Van Helsing, from Mummy director Stephen Sommers, moves production to L.A. this week, Jackman said, and is slated for a May 21, 2004, release. Universal is owned by Vivendi Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.

Last edited by Spookmonkey on Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Apr 15, 2003 12:25 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
THE SCORPION KING actress Kelly Hu has announced that there will be no sequel to the hit film. "I wished it would happen, but if it hasn't happened now, it won't, I'm afraid," said Hu. "I loved working with The Rock, he was a lot of fun, I hope we'll get a chance to work together again at some point."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Revolution Studios has tapped David Elliott and Paul Lovett to write an adaption of the classic tv series KNIGHT RIDER. Original star David Hasselhoff is executive producing the film, which is being branded as an action-comedy. The original KNIGHT RIDER centered on Michael Knight and his talking car K.I.T.T. Mark Ciardi, Glen A. Larson and Gordon Gray will produce.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Universal has announced that they are pulling their reality movie THE QUEST from its May 9 release date, after New Line announced that their reality movie THE REAL CANCUN will be released April 25th. Both are spring break-centered reality movies. "The truth of the matter is that we saw some footage last week and realized that this film has more potential than we had originally envisioned," Universal distribution president Nikki Rocco said. "It reminded us of the first time we saw footage of FAST AND THE FURIOUS and AMERICAN PIE -- we think there's a lot more we can do with it by pushing it back." No new release date has been announced.

Last edited by Spookmonkey on Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Apr 15, 2003 12:27 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
With musicals all the rage again, Disney has hopped on the bandwagon with an untitled project about a cynical teenage girl. The girl finds hope in life after a community service project somehow places her among Manhattan's wealthiest. The project is from Kelly Macmanus and Elizabeth Allen. Amy Veltman will write the script. Damon Intrabartolo and Jason Whitton will write the songs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Marvel readers are advised that, due to a printing error, THUNDERBOLTS #78 will be released with a $2.99 price on its cover, instead of the $2.25 cover price that was previously announced for the title. Readers may recall that despite being originally solicited at $2.99, due to positive critical response to the series' new direction, Marvel announced it would retain its original $2.25 price, including THUNDERBOLTS #78. Arriving in comic shops April 16th, Marvel and Diamond are asking ALL comics retailers to sell THUNDERBOLTS #78 to readers at the lower Suggested Retail Price of $2.25, and not at the higher, incorrect cover price of $2.99. Marvel apologizes for any inconvenience this error may cause. Readers can advise retailers to contact their Diamond Customer Service Representative with any questions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fox has tapped Will Friedle to star in the comedy pilot JACK'S HOUSE. Friedle will play Jack, a twentysomething guy who plans to settle down after buying a house. However, his hard-partying ex-roommates and his girlfriendcomplicate that plan.

PostTue Apr 15, 2003 12:28 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
MTV announced that The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and Spider-Man lead the nominees for the 2003 MTV Movie Awards, with five nods each. The 12th annual awards ceremony will be taped May 31 at Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium for broadcast June 5 at 9PM EST/PST.

Both films won nominations for best male performance (Tobey Maguire for Spider-Man and Viggo Mortensen for Towers) and best movie. Towers also picked up nominations for best action sequence (the battle for Helm's Deep) and best on-screen team (Elijah Wood, Sean Astin and Gollum), while Spider-Man got nods for best female performance (Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane Watson) and best villain (Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin).

Nominees were chosen by MTV and MTV2 viewers via a national poll. A full list of SF&F and genre nominees follows.

Best Movie

-The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
-Spider-Man
-The Ring

Best Male Performance

-Tobey Maguire, Spider-Man
-Viggo Mortensen, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Best Female Performance

-Kirsten Dunst, Spider-Man
-Halle Berry, Die Another Day

Best On-Screen Team

-Elijah Wood, Sean Astin and Gollum, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Best Villain

-Mike Myers, Austin Powers in Goldmember
-Willem Dafoe, Spider-Man
-Colin Farrell, Daredevil
-Daveigh Chase, The Ring

Breakthrough Female

-Beyoncé Knowles, Austin Powers in Goldmember
-Jennifer Garner, Daredevil

Best Kiss

-Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst, Spider-Man
-Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, Daredevil

Best Fight

-Yoda vs. Christopher Lee, Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Best Action Sequence

-Collision on Highway 23, Final Destination 2
-The battle for Helm's Deep, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
-The escape, Minority Report
-The arena conflict, Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Best Virtual Performance

-Yoda, Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones
-Gollum, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
-Dobby, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
-Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo
PostTue Apr 15, 2003 11:16 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dylan Baker and Donna Murphy have joined the cast of SPIDER-MAN 2. Baker is set to play Dr. Curt Connors, a man who at one point in the Spidey mythos becomes the villain The Lizard. Murphy will play Rosalie Octavius, wife of Dr. Otto Octavius (Alfred Molina). Dr. Octavius becomes the evil Dr. Octopus and is the chief nemesis in the Spidey sequel.

Dimension Films has given the greenlight for production to begin on SCARY MOVIE 4 this June, even though SCARY MOVIE 3 will not be released for another six months. David Zucker (AIRPLANE), who directed SM3, will direct the fourth as well. "We are so confident in the team we have working on SCARY MOVIE 3 and so pleased with what we have seen of the film that we want to continue the momentum and begin production on SCARY MOVIE 4 right away," said Dimension head Bob Weinstein. Some of the cast of SM3 will carry over into SM4. Whereas SM3 will focus on fantasy movies, SM4 will focus on spoofing superhero movies.

TNN has announced that on June 16, their network will be rebranded as Spike TV. The name change is the result of the network moving towards becoming "unapologetically male." Spike TV's debut will also see the debut of several new programs geared towards men, including financial reports from CBS MarketWatch. "Guys like money, and girls like guys that have money. Therefore, guys are interested in the financial markets," the network rep said. Stan Lee's Pam Anderson cartoon, STRIPPERELLA, will also debut alongside new episodes of REN & STIMPY. Spike will also begin airing uncut versions of movies, including THE GODFATHER and THE TERMINATOR.

Disney has acquired the rights to Steven Gary Banks and Claudia Grazioso's pitch HOW TO BECOME FAMOUS IN 12 DAYS OR LESS. The script is based on an article from MARIE CLAIRE magazine and is described as a female TRADING PLACES.

PostWed Apr 16, 2003 9:40 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dont know if anyones posted this yet. But the search engine thinks so.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- The 1980s television series "Knight Rider" and its crime-busting, talking car are revving up for the big screen.

The drama starred David Hasselhoff as Michael Knight, owner of the high-tech Pontiac Trans Am known as K.I.T.T. The car's voice was supplied by William Daniels.

The film is planned as an action comedy, Daily Variety reported Monday.

This time, Hasselhoff will serve as executive producer for the Revolution Studios project, the trade paper said. Glen A. Larson, who created the TV show, is among the producers.

It's not yet known who will star in the film.
PostWed Apr 16, 2003 2:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
James Cameron has confirmed that he will direct 'Battle Angel Alita', "Battle Angel is a very real possibility, and that's the film that I fully intend to direct, that I *will* direct ? the issue is will it be the next film, or will it be the one after the next film? That's really all there is to it at this point. We've done a tremendous amount of design for the film, we're fine-tuning the script, it's just a matter of time." While that is nothing he hadn't stated at last years Comic-Con International in San Diego, he also mentions the likelyhood of more than 1 part.

PostThu Apr 17, 2003 1:03 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
James Cameron has confirmed that he will direct 'Battle Angel Alita', "Battle Angel is a very real possibility, and that's the film that I fully intend to direct, that I *will* direct ? the issue is will it be the next film, or will it be the one after the next film? That's really all there is to it at this point. We've done a tremendous amount of design for the film, we're fine-tuning the script, it's just a matter of time." While that is nothing he hadn't stated at last years Comic-Con International in San Diego, he also mentions the likelyhood of more than 1 part.

2005. The year of the anime adaptions. Lupin, Akira, DBZ, and now Battle Angel. But I'm confident that this will be the only good one.
PostThu Apr 17, 2003 1:39 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually I've got alot of money betting that each and every one of them will either never be finished or will be the worst examples of action pictures ever made.

I'm just praying Angelina whatever doesn't get the lead role!
PostThu Apr 17, 2003 6:44 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'd wager that Jessica Alba (Dark Angel) would be on Cameron's "short list". Cool
PostThu Apr 17, 2003 8:50 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 15 of 32

Jump to: