нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ladymercury

Post subject:
spam = bad
You last visited on Wed Jan 01, 2003 4:38 pm

and the bitch of anime returns....
PostFri May 09, 2003 8:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Kyoto Arc starts June 9th. The episode titles, according to Matt Wilson at ToonZone are:
Quote:
In case anyone's interested:

June 9th - Strongest Opponent From the Past
June 10th - A Devil of Vengence
June 11th - A Wish Unrequited
June 12th - Change Tears to Courage
June 13th - For the Title of Strongest

June 16th - The Girl Bandit
June 17th - Conquered Bandit
June 18th - Across the Boundary Between Edo and Meiji
June 19th - Shock! Reverse Blade Sword Broken
June 20th - Sanosuke's Secret Training

June 23rd - Creator of the Reverse Blade
June 24th - A Killer Without Mercy
June 25th - Ultimate Technique of the Hiten Mitsurugi Style
June 26th - Formation of an Alliance
June 27th - Between Life and Death

PostSat May 10, 2003 12:53 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
That's awesome. I was sure that they were going to repeat kenshin a second time and not hit Kyoto till july. Now we're gonna see the meat and bones of the series at it's best.
PostSat May 10, 2003 1:27 am
HitokiriAiko

Post subject:
Very Happy Hey, my name is Aiko and I am fairly new to this whole forum thing, but I want you all to know, that I absolutely love Rurouni Kenshin! I used to be completely obsessed with Sailor Moon, and then Dragonball Z, but now, although I still like those shows, Kenshin has moved to the top of my list. Once they started showing repeats, I went out and bought the first 2 DVD's of the Kyoto Arc and by far, they are the best I've seen. Shocked But there is so much blood! I have no idea how Cartoon Network is going to edited all that violence out and still make watching the Kyoto Arc worth while. I guess we'll see soon though, because new RK episodes will be airing next month! All of you, check my site Arrow www.angelfire.com/anime5/rikibattousai !
PostSat May 10, 2003 11:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
HitokiriAiko

Post subject:
I was just wondering, is anyone else worried that Cartoon Network going to completely screw up the Kyoto Arc? The only reason I am worried is because it is so violent and since it comes on Prime Time TV they are gonna cut it all up, therefore eliminately things and situations that are key to the story. For example, it really bugs me when I watch it on TV and there is no blood where I know for a fact that there should be some there. I just have no idea how they're gonna edit the Kyoto Arc for TV and I was just wondering what all of your opinions on this was. Sayonara! Very Happy
PostSat May 10, 2003 11:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wait and see. That's all we can do right now.
PostSun May 11, 2003 12:36 am
Ladymercury

Post subject:
Agreed.

I'm not worried about the Kyoto Arc, I'm worried about the 3rd season... or in America has it " Tales of the Meiji Era ".
You last visited on Wed Jan 01, 2003 4:38 pm

and the bitch of anime returns....
PostSun May 11, 2003 4:02 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, I think they've been doing a decent job so far so I don't think that they're gonna mess anything up too much. If anything maybe toonami'll step it up a bit.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostSun May 11, 2003 11:37 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Weren't they supposed to show an ep today that they had skipped during the first runthrough? One with sawtikkas or something? Cuz they didn't. Today's ep was a repeat.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue May 13, 2003 6:46 pm
Wolfwood758

Post subject: Trust; Betrayal; & Reflection!
Has anyone seen the Ovas of Rurouni Kenshin? aka Samurai X. There is two. Samrai X: Reflection, and samurai X: Trust and Betrayal. I insist that you Rurouni Kenshin fans get a hold of this dvd. No moatter how you get it; WAtch It! you will regret it if you dont. Download it, Buy it bootleg, whatever. Just GET YOUR HANDS OF IT! Exclamation [img][/img]
PostTue May 13, 2003 8:43 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Weren't they supposed to show an ep today that they had skipped during the first runthrough? One with sawtikkas or something? Cuz they didn't. Today's ep was a repeat.

I guess they changed their minds, again... Sad
PostWed May 14, 2003 12:55 am
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
I will say that many of us who are REAL Kenshin fans are well aware about the OVAs but PLEASE do not ever call it Samurai X! That is the crappy dub name that ADV came up with. It has ALWAYS BEEN RUROUNI KENSHIN! ALTHOUGH I will say that the final OVA although I like it, it does take a great story (Enishi) and skipped like everything! I love the OVA but it is not the real kenshin ending. I mean it is beautiful but they take the happy ending from the tv show and change it, and don't tell me it was 'realistic' cause it did not have to happen that way. Thank you for your time. Oh yeah and kenshin rocks! Tee hee!
PostWed May 14, 2003 8:57 pm
WooJae

Post subject:
Don't forget that the legit releases by ADV have REVERSIBLE COVERS/insert with the JAPANESE ART. So if you don't like the way it looks, just reverse the insert.

I too am concerned about the editing, but I hope this will convince people to purchase the legit dvds. That said, I would advise you all to get Samurai X: Trust and Samurai X: Betrayal on separate discs, since the new version seems to be improperly framed as per the review by Chris Beveridge on www.animeondvd.com.[/b]
PostFri May 16, 2003 3:50 pm
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
RUROUNI KENSHIN: TRUST AND BETRAYAL, NEVER SAMURAI CRAP! Anyway I agree with you for everyone to get the series legit stuff subbed. I said that before, but unfortuantely because of the fact that it is soo long, and due to ..well money being a problem, not everyone can buy them, and I have BIG NEWS, I AM NOT SURE IF EVERYONE KNOWS THIS AND THE GUY WHO POSTED THIS, IF YOU GO BACK AND READ A FEW PAGES BACK SOME OF MY POSTS THERE IS AN ENTIRE EXPLANATION OF WHAT I THINK OF THE KENSHIN FINAL OVA, I LIKE IT BUT IT IS not the ending. I founf out that the creator of kenshin had NOTHING to do with the final ova and while it was beuatiful it took this amazing story from the manga and all the great characterization and took people out and actually after seeing what I have of the manga, recently, they kind of spit on the characters. I'm not kidding. Wierd huh?
PostFri May 23, 2003 1:34 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
i don't really think there's much reason to complain about the name cc...adv is merely doing the smart business thing in differentiating their product name from the rurouni kenshin tv series, which is owned by another company...while one could get into the technicals of kenshin not actually being a samurai and the overall cheesiness of the name "samurai x", it's still kenshin either way you look at it...besides, as woojae mentioned, all adv kenshin releases have the reversible covers with the original logo (which even media blasters doesn't use), so just flip 'em over and forget all about the americanized name...

as for the second ova, i thought the animation was beautiful and the story was decent...without spoiling any of the plot, i think they took a radical departure from the tv series, which i didn't enjoy, but if you watch it with the same frame of mind as the first ova, it almost seems like a natural progression...as it stands though, the story contained within doesn't make for the ideal ending i had in mind from viewing the tv series, but then again, i have yet to read the manga to see how that ended...i think it just comes down to preference: if you liked the seriousness of the first ova more than the mix of the tv series, you'll likely enjoy the second ova...those who think opposite (like me) may not enjoy it as much...

i plan to eventually get around to writing a review for the second ova to submit to the "reviews" section of this site...i'll go further in depth with my thoughts then...

[unrelated edit added 6/6: hitokiriaiko's post is next, and there's some spoilers in there that fans watching the series on tv right now shouldn't know about...if you fit that description, my advice would be to skip over that post if you haven't already...]

Last edited by JJc14 on Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
PostFri May 23, 2003 2:14 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 14 of 29

Jump to: