нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WooJae

Post subject:
http://order.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/wg-order?unique=fd974&catalog=animecorner&et=3f9fe07c&basket=5Ccee188d80016353f9fd974ed325d0e188d804f8d1c00e02a83a1299dc0980f0

Err -- don't know if that link will work, but it is a preorder page for the RK DVD 1-6 art box. It seems to me that there is no "new" release of Kenshin, except that it is the orig. six dvds in one box. www.DeepDiscountDVD.com has the lowest boxed set price. Of course, I have had the entire series on dvd since each individual release, so I won't need to get the box set, but I DO have the art box ordered, I think.
PostWed Oct 29, 2003 10:17 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Bad link, WooJae. Sorry.

Picture of the artbox here:http://www.rightstuf.com/images/large_images/rkdvd2023b.jpg
PostWed Oct 29, 2003 9:39 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
no, the klink is good, but wrong link. It's to his shopping cart. This is the link he wanted.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostThu Oct 30, 2003 1:13 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wow the box art looks pretty nice.
PostThu Oct 30, 2003 6:42 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
thanks for the help woojae, nobu, and spook...the box does look really nice, but i still can't tell exactly how it's being packaged...

this snapshot makes it look like there's a booklet/insert (top left), and the middle appears to be the first dvd, "the legendary swordsman", but the shape of it looks more like a cd case than a dvd case (the photo is also different from the photo on the first dvd)...i also can't figure out what the brownish-black rectangle is with it...

of course, i've never actually bought a box set before, so if i'm totally missing something, feel free to point out my stupidity...i'm awaiting a review at AnimeOnDVD.com, since they're usually thorough about box packaging...

thanks again everyone....
PostThu Oct 30, 2003 6:53 pm
WooJae

Post subject: Here's a screenshot of the box from AoD
http://animeondvd.com/press/conventions/animenext2003.php

More detailed shots from a convention...
PostFri Oct 31, 2003 9:19 am
WooJae

Post subject: this site has better pics...
http://www.frothware.com/kenshin/
PostWed Nov 19, 2003 4:11 pm
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
I was watching the Samuri X series last night and in my mind I was comparing it to the series and how much they kind of just messed it up. In Samuri X its totaly realistic. No seemly super powered attack or nothign thats DBZ related.

Thats what it is all about!
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 8:34 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Samuri X = Ova series meant for adults

Kenshin = TV series meant for kids to teenagers

Get Over It.
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 2:33 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
plus the TV series more closely follows the manga than the OVA, which was created to really crank up the drama as opposed to the action and comedy...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 4:30 pm
WooJae

Post subject: TV series was NOT DBZish....
You should not be so judgmental of the TV series, as it was what aired first on TV. The OAVs were done afterwards, and was aiming - as others have astutely pointed out - to a different audience.

I liked the TV series better for its humour and its ability to create an attachment to the characters. But then, it is a tv series...
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 5:59 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
I always tell people to watch most of Rurouni Kenshin TV series first, up til about the middle of the Kyoto story arc at the earliest, then watch the OVA...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 6:02 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: TV series was NOT DBZish....
WooJae wrote:
You should not be so judgmental of the TV series,

You shouldn't be so defensive about it.

Actually, I think there's a valid comparison to DBZ, or at least Dragonball:

* 20-foot tall giants and other fantastic villians
* superhuman feats of strength, stamina and speed
* philosophical and religious discussions
* comedy, both high- and low-brow
* engaging main cast of characters

I'm sure there are others.
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 10:05 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actaully, it's amazing how much of the stuff in Kenshin actually is possible. There are some people in the world that can do some pretty amazing stuff. And the rest? That can be chalked up to the whole 'legend' thing. It's a story, embellished over time.

My point? It isn't as farfetched as one would think. So it's more Dragon Ball than DBZ.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Nov 25, 2003 4:05 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
jeez, how did "i" of all people overlook the kenshin thread these past few weeks? that's not like me at all...

first off, thanks for the various screenshots of the boxset woojae...i'm liking the design and style of the box, but i don't really agree with how the dvd's are packaged, as i have the room for the individual cases but not really the box setup...i may just have to go the "buying them individually" route and pick up the empty boxes to compensate...nonetheless, thanks again...

as far as the kenshin/dbz comparison goes, i think there is some truth to it, but it leans more towards the "reality" end of things...yea, you can talk about the "swordsman spirit" being related to "powering up", the "god-like speed", and various other instances, but there is a very real-life feel that accompanies it...

i will concede that i was never a fan of the "20 foot tall giant", which seemed outta place to me even with the already semi-realistic feel (the nebraska family on trigun came off the same way), but if he wasn't there, we wouldn't have seen seijiro be his badass self, so in that sense i can let it slide...
PostTue Nov 25, 2003 5:07 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29

Jump to: