нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - What all teenagers want to do...except me
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
What all teenagers want to do...except me
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject: What all teenagers want to do...except me
Drive, that is(what else were you thinking you pervs)^_^.

Anyways, my parents are pestering me to learn how to drive, and I just don't like driving. I'm 17 and still don't have my license, maybe that's why they're a little ticked. Anyways, what with all the TV specials and crazy drivers i've been with, I don't wanna end up getting myself killed. Can you guys help me out to calm my nerves, and to get over my fear of driving?
PostSun Mar 09, 2003 1:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
The only real way to deal with your fear is to get behind the wheel. But start out in a parking lot, somewhere isolated, and build up.
PostSun Mar 09, 2003 2:04 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah well it doesn't help when you have parents who give conflicting advice. My dad says "Stay away from the centerline" while my mom says "Don't ride the shoulder". Besides the only place that is close to a parking lot is the desert, but those are filled with cactus and broken beer bottles.
PostSun Mar 09, 2003 2:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ignore them. Your parents will scream and yell and whine till God knows when. You need to focus on your driving.
PostSun Mar 09, 2003 2:52 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
driving = fun. it's a time to relax and enjoy. Nothing beats driving for hours on end with a case of cd's and a friend.

seriously, go find an industrial complex and drive in the parking lots for a few hours a couple times each week. not only will you get rather comfortable driving, but you also will start to enjoy it (hopefully). Any fears you have will eventually dissapear, you just need driving time. My friend was so scared he would drive 20 miles an hour under the speed limit (yes, even in 25 mph residential zones). Did I mention he was over 21 when he finally got his liscense? Well, after about 3-4 months of fear and slow ass annoying driving, he finally started to loosen up and realize he could drive faster and be just as safe. By the way, I don't suggest learning how to drive with a manual transmission, it's a bit much to concentrate on, just get the actually manuvering down and comfortable before you through in an extra pedal and shifting. Wait until after you get your liscense before learning stick (of course if you get comfortable driving before you get the liscense, have a go or 60 at it). Oh, and I taught the friend I talked about and my brother both how to drive. Well, helped teach my brother anyway.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSun Mar 09, 2003 4:16 pm
Shinobo

Frequenter

Post subject:
As soon as you get a car and start moving around, free, your fear will disapear.

Trust me.
PostSun Mar 09, 2003 7:37 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject: I'm a professional.
It's just Crazy Taxi! Pretty soon you'll be making some CRRRAAAZZZYYY money.

Trust me. Just drive like you would in any game, like Crazy Taxi, Rush 2049, and the Speed Racer cartoon.
PostSun Mar 09, 2003 9:13 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
Well, driving is just like swimming: you go in the water and either swim or drown. If you learn to swim, hey it's great! If you drown...well...at least you won't have to worry about it anymore. Wink

All kidding aside, learning to drive can be intimidating for some people if their parents teach them. If this is the case, contact a drving school. Sure it'll cost you, but it can be a lot less stressful, especially if you get the right instructor. I couldn't drive worth crap, but after three sessions of just driving, music, and talking, I completely forget about concentrating and driving became second nature. Of course it may take longer for some people, but all the same, the most important thing is to be comfortable. Honestly, it's a lot easier than it looks.
PostSun Mar 09, 2003 9:54 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
My parents were HORRIBLE in teaching me. And I never was much of a daredevil, but there's something liberating about going over 40 miles an hour. It just feels . . . free.

You're gonna suck at first. But once you learn, it's great. I didn't really care whether I got my license or not (and diver's ed was hell I wish not upon my most horrible of enemies). But now that I have it, it's nice not having to wait for my parents to pick me up when I go some where, or being able to go out and buy a package of pencils. Just being able to drive to a store is so liberating. Get your license, man. It's worth the trouble.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Mar 09, 2003 9:58 pm
Shinobo

Frequenter

Post subject: Re: I'm a professional.
stFalcon5 wrote:

Trust me. Just drive like you would in...the Speed Racer cartoon.

Oh! OOOOOOHHHHHH! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! -extreme camera closeup on open mouth, moves wheel back and forth in turning motions repeatdily, does amazing stunt involving a powerslide and a ramp-

Wowomg that was increidble Pops wow. I'm sure glad I could race today because I like racing and I'm glad I didn't crash up.
PostMon Mar 10, 2003 12:48 am
Fata_Morgana

Post subject:
I remember I was scared shitless to learn to drive. And even after I learned, for the first 3 years or so I drove really slowly and gave myself way too much room when parking and such. But I got over it. And you will too. You have to learn eventually, and it ends up not being as bad as you think. So face your fear.

Fata Morgana
PostMon Mar 10, 2003 1:19 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
sheesh, am I the only person who threw themselves into driving and loved it from day one?

PostMon Mar 10, 2003 1:33 am
Shinobo

Frequenter

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
sheesh, am I the only person who threw themselves into driving and loved it from day one?

NO! DRIVE, BROTHER! DRIVE UNTILL YOU CAN'T DRIVE NO MO'!
PostMon Mar 10, 2003 1:34 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
FinalDivineDragoon wrote:
Yeah well it doesn't help when you have parents who give conflicting advice. My dad says "Stay away from the centerline" while my mom says "Don't ride the shoulder". Besides the only place that is close to a parking lot is the desert, but those are filled with cactus and broken beer bottles.

use your schools faculty/student parking lot on the weekends or use the local elementary school between the hours of 1 and 3 in the afternoon.

PostMon Mar 10, 2003 1:39 am
DeeLite

Frequenter

Post subject:
I remember with me my mother would teach me, she actually would take me to empty lots and let me run wild with the car back and forth and in circles. But when it came down to taking the car on the road for the first time it was another story and I totally was so tense about it. I had trouble anywhere from staying inside the lanes to making wide turns, and that's just aside from having my mother over me to keep driving within the speed limit.

Main thing I did learn, but once you get the hang of driving all this intimation you feel right now will slip out of your mind because driving will be like second nature to you.
PostMon Mar 10, 2003 3:40 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: