нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Gaming Discussion
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Gaming Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knight_Hawk

Post subject:
Ah sorry about that. EGM gave it good reviews too Smile 10/10 woo :p
PostTue Nov 12, 2002 1:24 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance for Xbox, touted as the highest profile franchise on the system from a Japanese developer, will not see a Japanese release. Konami has stated that the install base for the Xbox in Japan is too small to even bother porting the game.

The game will still be released for the PlayStation 2 in Japan, but a month later than originally planned. The delay pushes the game back from this December to January of next year.

The U.S. release date for the PS2 version of Substance remains only "next year."

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Nov 12, 2002 8:43 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Thats evil...pure Evil...Now I'll have to go to my friends house to play Substance.
PostTue Nov 12, 2002 8:56 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Xbox only got lucky on this one, i think that many will wait for the PS2 release, just in spite.(me)

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostTue Nov 12, 2002 10:17 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Goldfinger2K wrote:
Xbox only got lucky on this one, i think that many will wait for the PS2 release, just in spite.(me)

peace

well, if you have an xbox(me) then it's good news. besides its not as if ps2 doesn't already have mgs2 to hold them over so they can buy what is basicly an expansion pack. boo hoo hoo, it's such a tragedy.

PostTue Nov 12, 2002 10:24 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Vin Diesel, well known for his acting roles in Saving Private Ryan, xXx, and the newly released Knockaround Guys, announced today that he would be forming a video game company called only Tigon.

While well known for this acting, many are unaware that Diesel also has quite a lot of experience in screenwriting as well as directing, which he took up duties for in his earlier, independent films.

Diesel is a self-proclaimed gamer and states that he will utilize his screenwriting talent to create cinematic and engaging adventures. Diesel also pointed out that the company is "more of a hobby than a business venture."

Tigon's first game is set to be a 70's style cop drama in the vein of titles like Grand Theft Auto.

PostWed Nov 13, 2002 2:52 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well Since Spook has gotten back on the news bandwagon an ST isn't intrested looks like it time for me to step in too. So here it is the return of..

Zechs' Daily Gaming news that no one READS

To get things started a story that almost makes you wish for a repeat of hiroshima...or to just get an import bundle off ebay ^_^

A well-respected Japanese publication has revealed that punters pre-ordering Zelda: Winds of Takuto will receive a bonus disk containing the essential N64 classic, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, voted best game ever by many, and the unreleased 64DD title Ura Zelda.

Unfortunately this is only announced for Japan at present, but for Euro and US gamers to be left out would be simply criminal.

To add insult to injury, this bonus disk will also contain movies of F-Zero and Resident Evil 4. No spokesperson was available for comment at time of writing.

Thanks to spooge for this report
PostWed Nov 13, 2002 9:55 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject: yay!
All I can say is SWEEET!
I would certainly play Ocarina of time on my precious GCN. I'm sure there could be little bonuses and extras in there. And that Ura Zelda doesn't sound shabby. Let's just hope U.S. isn't left out, as we most often are.
Do you know what's(supposedly) the U.S. release for Zelda:Winds of Takuto?

peace
PostWed Nov 13, 2002 10:32 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Unreleased Zelda??? Well, if they didn't release it, I'm guessing it wasn't that good, but I still want it.

Zelda is coming out in America in the end of February. I forget the exact date, but I will have that game the day it comes out.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Nov 14, 2002 9:00 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
yes sir.
I hope to have it that same day.

peace
PostThu Nov 14, 2002 9:07 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
The European marketing plans for Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell were unveiled last week but today, in an announcement from Ubi Soft, some of the game’s North American plans were unveiled. According to Ubi Soft, both SoBe Adrenaline Rush and Palm Inc will be helping to push the game. Both SoBe and Palm will be featured in the upcoming game, with Sam Fisher getting assignments via his Palm handset. In return, Splinter Cell is currently being presented on SoBe’s Website with word of a pre-launch promotion (for those counting, this makes the second SoBe related contest for Xbox today) that gives those entering at its site the chance to win a variety of prizes. They include:
Grand Prize Pack:

Xbox system
Palm Zire
Rigel Optics 1100 Monoculars
O-Neill Wetsuit
Dragon Sunglasses
Spysight.com Wall Clock Camera
Splinter Cell game
Splinter Cell shirt
Second Prize Packs (10 Winners):

Spysight.com Spy Ear Audio Booster
Spysight.com Spy Surveillance Glasses
Spysight.com Telephone Voice Changer
Splinter Cell game
Splinter Cell shirt
Third Prize (25 Winners):

Splinter Cell shirt

PostThu Nov 14, 2002 11:24 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
and no for another half-assed installment of

Zechs' Daily Gaming News

According to online reports, the wildman of basketball, Dennis Rodman, is planning to do voice-overs for Zach's character in DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball.

The co-star of Double Team and one of the few men other than David Beckham who can get away with wearing a dress, is a major celebrity in the States, and to have him in the game is a huge draw.

What next? Maybe they'll get his ex-girlfriend Carmen Electra to do the voice-over for Hitomi? Maybe not.

Ten Bucks there's he's going to have them put an option to put give the guy a wedding dress...

but wait....THERE"S MORE!

The European division of video game maker Nintendo Co. Ltd. and Stardock Corporation Inc. will on Thursday announce a partnership to offer buyers of Nintendo's GameCube consoles and games downloadable desktop software and themes in exchange for consumer marketing information.
"It is a way to make your experience of the GameCube a little more fun in return for registering a GameCube console and/or game online at Nintendo's Web site and giving demographic information," said Stardock sales manager Larry Kuperman.

Stardock, a developer of software programs to customize the PC desktop based in Livonia, Michigan, has created the Object Desktop Light Edition (LE) to give PC desktops a "Nintendo" look and feel for the GameCube and the Nintendo games Pikmin, Super Mario Sunshine and the newly released Eternal Darkness, Kuperman said.

Buyers of GameCube or the three Nintendo games receive a card within the packaging with a password or PIN (Personal Identification Number) on it. The user then goes to the Nintendo Europe Web site, enters the PIN and after answering some demographic questions, joins Nintendo's "24/7 VIP club" which allows the user to download the Nintendo GameCube Object Desktop LE software and themes, Kuperman said. As the user purchases new games, they will receive a new PIN for additional themes.

Desktop themes include icons, wallpaper, screen savers, taskbars and backgrounds that are designed to suit the individual identities of the games. "Our software entirely takes over the look and feel of the software. But it is also easy to remove if a user should choose to do so," Kuperman said.

Though the announcement is being made on Thursday, the PIN cards have been appearing in the consoles and games for the last two to three weeks, Kuperman said. "We wanted to make sure the product is out there before we start promoting it," Kuperman said.

Nintendo Europe intends to use the marketing information to determine what is important to the game-buying public as it designs and sells future games. "Understanding users' buying patterns allows Nintendo to focus on what their strengths are. The nice thing about doing Web-based marketing programs is that your feedback is almost immediate," Kuperman said.

Nintendo could use the boost in sales. The company is currently trailing Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 2 while battling it out for second place on the gaming console market with Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox, according to a study released Tuesday by research company In-Stat/MDR.

In 2001, the video game console market shipped 31.8 million units for revenue of nearly US$7.4 billion and is only expected to grow in 2002 with next generation consoles from Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft all now available in North America, Japan and Europe, In-Stat/MDR said in a statement. Sony is dominating the market with the company having shipped 40 million PlayStation 2 units as of Sept. 19.

According to the In-Stat/MDR study "Video Game Consoles: Sony Dominates While Nintendo and Microsoft Battle for Second Place," the all-important holiday shopping season will go a long way in determining the overall success of the GameCube since it has "always been driven by its franchise software" such as Mario and Zelda. By early 2003, Nintendo should have released most of its franchise software titles, In-Stat/MDR said.

Nintendo may extend its Object Desktop LE marketing program to the North American market but for the time being has not committed to such a move. "There have been talks between Stardock and Nintendo about offering Object Desktop LE in the U.S. but no decision has been made yet. I can only guess why this program is being launched in Europe first: perhaps the Northern European marketing team has been more aggressive in its pursuit of market share," Kuperman said.

thanks to SPOnG and Gamepro for todays stories
PostFri Nov 15, 2002 3:12 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm interested in this article, i really am. but it's too long.

peace
PostFri Nov 15, 2002 4:01 pm
Knight_Hawk

Post subject:
Nintendo has officially announced a Gameboy player for GameCube. It's coming out in Japan in March, and a US release is scheduled for May.
http://cube.ign.com/articles/377/377794p1.html
For all you ppl that are bitching for a backlit :p
PostTue Nov 19, 2002 12:27 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
ooh!! so now i can play pokemon virtually anywhere!
(crops of sarcasm fall on Kinght Hawk) Razz

peace
PostTue Nov 19, 2002 3:33 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 3 of 57

Jump to: