нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie Talkback Thread
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie Talkback Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
I agree with what pretty much everyone here said about Pirates of the Caribbean. It was a fun, kickass movie. It's Disney's biggest risk ever, and they didn't fall flat on their faces in the process. The scene with the pirates in prison whistling to the dog carrying the keys was classic. And the way the pirates converted from their human looks to skeletons was very well-timed. My favorite scene was the battle between Turner and Sparrow in the blacksmith factory. That rocked!

I have one problem with the movie, though: They shouldn't have waited so long to break the curse. The pirates had Will Turner IN THEIR POSSESSION and Jack Sparrow had to rush up to them and say, "It's your funeral" and the pirates got all worried. Now, if they wanted to break the curse, and breaking the curse meant the death of the pirates (which is what they've been wanting to do), why did they have to go out and attack the naval fleet? What a waste of time that was. They should've just ended it there and then. (Silly scriptwriters, filler is for kids!) I guess they probably wanted the ending to be more exciting and entertaining instead of something obviously predictable. Oh, well.

Even though it has its flaws, it was still a great movie. This is more proof that Disney is growing up and getting a life. Good job!
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 4:58 am
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
It wasn't that the pirates wanted to die, but that they wanted to know the pleasures of life again. Remember how Geoffrey Rush's character was seamingly obsessed with apples? How he said the first thing he would do when he lifted the curse was to "eat a whole bushel of apples"? And the two pirates guarding the ship were seated in front of a table of food, waiting for the curse to drop so that they could taste it? The curse made them undead, that's true, but it didn't mean they would die once it was lifted. If they lifted the curse, they would lose their immortality, which was really the only edge the pirates had against the much better trained and better armed navy in the first place. If they lifted the curse right away, they would be at the mercy of the navy! So, you kill off the navy first, using the "unable to be killed"-thing to your advantage, and then lift the curse once victory is yours. That explains why the pirates waited, and why after the curse was lifted, and they realized the curse had lifted (after noticing a commrade or two actually bleeding from their wounds and dying) that the surviving pirates surrendured. The curse allowed them to kill and loot indescriminantly, but it also made it impossible for them to enjoy any of the pleasures in life, which is what a pirate's life is supposed to be all about. They weren't running around saying "I wish I could die" (at least the majority weren't), but instead saying "I wish I could live again"...

I don't know about you, but I think that that point was made pretty clear. The pirates weren't nihilsts hoping to end their miserable existances, they were just miserable not being able to live like proper pirates, which is why they were chasing after Bootstrap-Bill's blood and the gold pieces in the first place.

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostThu Jul 17, 2003 5:01 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sinbad kicked major ass. End of story. Just go see it. Dreamworks deserves your money.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Jul 17, 2003 8:16 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over Smile

A certain quote from the .hack//INFECTION commercial fits this movie perfectly: "Is it just a game, or is it something far more dangerous?"

There's good news for gamers: A technologically superior video game, simply titled "Game Over," is the hottest new game on the block. Players can interact within a simulated world that looks and feels almost real. (Sound familiar?)

But within every bit of good news hides bad news: The game is a trap. It's actually a mind-control scheme set up by a former government traitor known as "The Toymaker" in a plot to control the nation's youth.

That's where the Spy Kids come in.

This movie is brilliant. When it comes to the video game, this movie hits the video game culture right on the mark. It has everything you could ever ask for in a video game: Power ups, motorcycle racing (the best scene in the whole movie), giant robot fights (YEAH!), lava (what game doesn't have that? Wink), and, as TOM put it, coins coins coins!

And another thing I'm glad about this movie is that it's in 3-D! Finally! A 3-D movie we can all go to without having to pay for super-pricy IMAX tickets! What a convenience!

There are lots of surprises and plot twists throughout the movie, some you wouldn't at the very least have expected. I give it points off for the ending, though, which was kind of a disappointment. But overall, this is a great movie that you gotta see to believe.

If you're a fan of Spy Kids, go see it. If you're not, don't. If you're new to the game (no pun intended), watch the first two movies (BOTH OF THEM!) before seeing this, because some things might confuse you if you don't.

(By the way, if you're the kind of guy who likes to get up close to the action by sitting in the very front row, here's a tip: DON'T. I tried that, and the 3-D nearly nauseated me. I had to move a couple of rows back to feel more comfortable.)

Last edited by Daikun on Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
PostSun Jul 27, 2003 10:34 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Pirates of the Carribean- Very Happy

I'll give this film 3 "arrs" for Johnny Depp being hillarious, and good action, but penalize it for going on too long. I saw bits and pieces that could be cut out, and wouldn't be a big loss. Still, good movie.

MegamanTrigger wrote:

Oddly enough, I saw a promo for "Freddy vs. Jason" while I waited for the film. Makes me wonder if anyone will ever do a "Robocop vs. Terminator" film.

It probably won't happen, for two reasons.

1. It assumes Robocop 3 and Terminator 3 never happened (no big loss in my book, but it might confuse people)

2. It would be the final chapter to the Terminator saga, and would be Ah-nuldless.
PostSat Aug 02, 2003 3:08 pm
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
Beatdiggga wrote:

MegamanTrigger wrote:

Oddly enough, I saw a promo for "Freddy vs. Jason" while I waited for the film. Makes me wonder if anyone will ever do a "Robocop vs. Terminator" film.

It probably won't happen, for two reasons.

1. It assumes Robocop 3 and Terminator 3 never happened (no big loss in my book, but it might confuse people)

2. It would be the final chapter to the Terminator saga, and would be Ah-nuldless.

What's wrong with Robocop 3?

And it doesn't have to be the last Terminator film. It can be an alternate timeline movie.

The idea I have is that the Terminator is a series 800 that was meant to kill Sarah Connor, but was sent to the wrong place and time due to a malfunction like a glitch or a power surge. We don't know how new the time-displacement technology from the Terminator films is, but it seems very recent since Skynet could only send one killing machine to the past at a time.

And Arnold's look wasn't the only one available. Watch the dream sequence from the first "T" film if you don't believe me.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostFri Aug 08, 2003 7:42 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
I know. I read the comic.

The Terminator producers said they wanted another movie, with or without Arnold. But...

(rant time)

Robocop is now owned by two idiots who'd rather let the license die than do crossovers. In the past three years, we got...

1 godawful miniseries (Prime Directives)
1 really crappy XBox game.

That's it. Christ, Jason got more stuff in that time. But they feel that putting any other character in that universe decreases the value. Idiots.

On a side note, is anyone going to see Freddy vs. Jason? I pick Freddy because his movies don't suck (see Wes Craven's New Nightmare for proof of that).
PostSat Aug 09, 2003 4:12 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beatdiggga wrote:
I pick Freddy because his movies don't suck (see Wes Craven's New Nightmare for proof of that).

I agree. Unlike most other horror franchises, A Nightmare On Elm Street and its sequels (well, except Freddy's Revenge) aren't just cash cow exploitations. They actually try something new and different instead of just stalking the same victims for 20 sequels. That's what makes this horror series interesting and different from the rest.
PostSat Aug 09, 2003 5:13 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
But what's with making shows that didn't relate to the movies?
PostMon Aug 11, 2003 7:09 pm
Zer0

Post subject:
The Two Towers : Aug. 26 : I'm very happy Smile
PostThu Aug 21, 2003 9:10 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
eh, wait for november.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostFri Aug 22, 2003 2:46 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
That's my plan as well.
PostFri Aug 22, 2003 3:26 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ditto.
PostMon Aug 25, 2003 1:44 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Me 3.
PostTue Aug 26, 2003 1:48 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Me 3.

"Four, sir."
</pythonsketch> Wink
PostTue Aug 26, 2003 2:40 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: