нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Never Forget my Ass
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Never Forget my Ass
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject: Never Forget my Ass
It's funny, you know. I didn't hear one mention of yesterday's being its date without me initiating the subject. The subject, of course being "9/11." I just wanted to make this thread as a kind of "I told you so," as I was right about it not being that big of a deal. Everyone cried, then pretended to cry for another whole week so they could get a few days off work. It also demonstrates my point that issues like this are completely controlled by the media and the administration that tells them what to say. A year ago, people were clammoring on about "how terrible it was," and how they would still "never forget." Well, the Bush agenda finally decided to move on to bigger and better oil contracts and--guess what! They forgot to remind us, instead chising after phantom Nukes that Iraq wouldn't have been capable of producing for 20 years.
I would just like to take this moment to say booya to all those who decried me insensitive with the "Pepito Set Up NYC the Bomb" thread, and its year later sequal. I would also like to apoligize fo not making any sense in this thread.
Moral of the story: oil is shiny, or at least appears so to the vast majority of the US public.
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 9:19 am
GashouseGorilla

Post subject:
Yeah, I also noticed the lack of notice for 9/11. My college held a candlelight vigil, and that was about it, everyone just went about it like a normal day. For me, it seems a little weird because those events happened far away from me, so I guess I wasn't really 'personalized' with it. See what I'm saying? For example, people hear about U.S. soldiers dying in Iraq, but they don't really change/care. Only those who were close to the soldiers grieve. I know this sounds insensitive, but thats the way that I've noticed things are. For 9/11, people around here weren't as affected as people on the east coast. Also, in regards to people not remembering 9/11 more, maybe its because they are trying to put it behind them, and move on with their lives a bit more? What are your guys' thoughts?
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 10:19 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
i know it was a bigger deal in my area (southern new jersey) since i kind of live inbetween new york, d.c., and pennsylvania...the college was doing some sort of rememberance thing, which was apparently significant enough to attract the local nbc affiliate, but things were toned down much more than last year from what i've heard...

i was rather fortunate, as none of my family were involved with any of the incidents two years ago, but i have friends that still carry a heavy weight...last year they were understandibly shaken and reluctant to talk or do much of anything, but two years removed, they seem ready to move on with life, giving me and others the same mindset that you can't change the past, so it's best to look forward...

for those living down here, it will be a day very hard to forget, but life goes on...
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 11:47 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
at my college all i saw was "Remember 9/11/01" written on the ground with pink and blue chalk by the fountain circle.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 11:54 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
I actually forgot about it 0_o we didn't do anything...
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 12:05 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
*shakes Dill's brain loose*

You see, not even she remember's. I guess it really proves that it's important to some, and oblivious to others. Oh well life goes on I guess.
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 6:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Right next to New York, you could be damn sure that a lot of people remembered. The whole day had a sour mood with the kids reading off the names of the people who died.
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 7:23 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
FinalDivineDragoon wrote:
*shakes Dill's brain loose*

You see, not even she remember's. I guess it really proves that it's important to some, and oblivious to others. Oh well life goes on I guess.

Considering she lives an ocean away and her country was never directly involved, I think she can be excused... Rolling Eyes

But yes, we as a society move on and put these things behind us, no matter how many people at the time of the occurrance swear they'll "always remember". Life's too short to dwell on these matters. I don't expect the country to stop in its tracks and drop whatever it's doing every year for this anniversary, just like it moves on every January 28th, April 19th, June 6th, July 20th, Nov. 22nd, Dec. 7th, etc.

But I also think that no one remembering is cause for embarrassment, not gloating. Like every Nov. 11th.

JMHO. YMMV.
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 9:30 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm just glad it's back to perspective. Just after the "incident" and at the one year aniversary, there were too many people in say, Las Vegas, thinking they were actually brought down or affected by it when they really weren't. I completely understand it being a big deal in the area, but it certainly wasn't the loss it was made out to be. I'm glad it's all fully in perspective so the families of the deceased don't have to look in disgust at all the tradgedy mongers anymore. :cough:bush:cough:
PostSat Sep 13, 2003 12:07 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
The older the news, the less people remember it. That's why 9/11 wasn't remembered as much this year.
PostSat Sep 13, 2003 12:22 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
I'm just glad it's back to perspective. Just after the "incident" and at the one year aniversary, there were too many people in say, Las Vegas, thinking they were actually brought down or affected by it when they really weren't. I completely understand it being a big deal in the area, but it certainly wasn't the loss it was made out to be.

Watching 3,000 people die on live TV is still a bit of a bummer, John. And I was affected. It took time to get over something like that, even if they were complete strangers to me.
PostSat Sep 13, 2003 1:14 am
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
Same here.

I think the reason many people didn't bring it up was because they didn't want to be the person just saying something about it for attention, or just to make a big deal about it. That's why I never said anything anyway.
PostSat Sep 13, 2003 7:43 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think the most I heard going on this year for "patriots day" was that a local radio personality was raising his cold brew in their names. Other than that, nothing.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSat Sep 13, 2003 2:07 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ah, Patriots day--celebrate the destruction of really big buildings... Has a nice ring to it.
Nobu: yes it had an effect on you. But you didn't brood over it nonstop for a week, or quit going to work. I'm still a little peeved that you couldn't watch anything on TV for a week without getting a mirror off of the Fox News Channel or CSNBC of the same repeated broadcast for a week. Meh, I made this thread at Bob's request anyway. I was going to make the Peopito Set Up Us the Bomb: Two Years Later thread.
PostSat Sep 13, 2003 2:46 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm in agreement that "Patriot's Day" is meaningless.

P.S. I did brood for a week. Mainly about my fellow public safety officials.

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSat Sep 13, 2003 8:05 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: