нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - (Show Us Your Arsenal!) Now we know...
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
(Show Us Your Arsenal!) Now we know...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I thought the winning entires were fantastic. Kaiser, the one who made Kiddy Grade and S~cry~ed has to be the best out of the bunch. Some of the others had great concepts but were poorly executed. Not to mentionl a couple of the non-winners, like original Spiderman, really did an steller job
PostSat Jan 31, 2004 6:51 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fixed.

Like I said in the deleted thread, Kaiser's s-CRY-ed video deserved to win, but I felt his Kiddy Grade was too derivative of FUNimation's original trailer.
Karl Olson never fails to come through.
Everyone deserves praise for participating.
PostSat Jan 31, 2004 8:23 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
I was impressed on one level or another but sCRYed was a vast well of toonami style awesome.
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 12:15 pm
MasterZaffro

Post subject:
Not all of the videos are working for me. Out of the top 5 I'm only able to see the Dai-Guard clip. Any solutions?
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 1:50 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
www.DivX.com

Get that you'll be able to watch them all.

If that doesn't work download the Tusnami Filter Pack
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 2:39 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Here are my thoughts on all of them. (This took me hours to write.)

Winners:

s.CRY.ed intro (Kaiser) - Freakin' awesome! No problems with it. 10/10

Dai-Guard intro (Gold Roger) - Also freakin' awesome! No problems with this one, either. 10/10

Gunslinger Girl promo (Karl Olson) - Shocked Wow! Just...wow. It was very, VERY nicely done. Karl rules! The music gets a bit too loud at times, though, and it even drowns out the narration in a few places. It's also TOO dark for a Toonami promo and it looks more like something for Adult Swim, but I wouldn't exactly call that a weakness, though. It's very good overall. 9/10

Gatekeepers promo (Andrew & Matthew Richards) - A very cool and detailed promo. I'll quote TDA on this.

Quote:
Loads of backstory, action and general Toonami goodness make this an incredible promo.

And it shows! My only problem, though, is the quote at the end. "Open the gate."? It just sounds...cheesy. Other than that, it’s very cool. 9.5/10

Mega Man intro (Duke) - Duke did a pretty good job at making this. It uses pretty much everything you could ask for in a Toonami intro: TOM pushing buttons, fun action scenes, badass lines, the classic music from Joe Boyd Vigil, and, of course, the infamous tagline: "The super fighting robot, Mega Man!" I can't find anything wrong with this, really. 8/10

Honorable Mentions:

Sonic X intro (Blaze Hedgehog) - It's a nice intro with good action scenes, and the way BH put the title in the pipes intro was a nice addition, but the dialogue was a little too spaced out and the music didn't fit very well. 7.5/10

Lost Universe intro (Beefy) - Pepito was there! Need I explain more? Laughing 9/10

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles intro (Stephen Scott) - This was set in a rather clever way, in which the intro seemed like a news report with various reporters talking in the background and various random scenes like it was a superhero media coverage story. I think it was a bit too long, though. When the last reporter finished her sentence with "Happy Hour News," that would've been the perfect time to cue the title card. But Stephen found a cool quote to end it with: "GO, GREEN MACHINE!" So, he made it really hard to find a proper way to end to this intro. I guess I envy the man for his cleverness. Laughing 8.5/10

Other Entires:

Masked Rider 555 promo (Alfredo Batoon) - ...eh... Quite dull. 6/10

Street Fighter II V intro (Angel of Animes) - It had great action scenes and the music pulled well together. It could've used some more dialogue from the series, though. Too much was muted out in the first half, but the second half was much better. 7/10

Dragonball GT promo/intro? (Brad Byrd) - Badly thrown together. Ugh. *takes an Advil* 2/10

Star Wars Holiday Special intro (Derek Crabbe) - This is a case of Ed Wood syndrome. It's so bad, it's good. I found this rather hilarious and laughable. Was the video quality bad on purpose? I'm wondering this because I liked how TOM and the Absolution looked fuzzy like the animation style in the special. And then there's the editing over the apparently noticeable Dragonball title screen... Laughing Good stuff. 9/10

Pardon Our Dust 2 (Derek Crabbe) - More awesomeness from Derek! This was just like everything you could ask for in one of Toonami's music videos from the days of yore. It's that damn good! Shocked I loved how he blended in the action scenes from Teen Titans and Justice League to make it look like one big continuing fight. It's freakin' cool! There's one thing I don't get, though: Master Roshi at the beginning. It doesn't show Goku training anywhere in the promo, or any other DBZ scenes for that matter. Confused 9.5/10

MTV Spider-Man promo (Discloner) - Now THIS is one hell of a promo! Excellent variation of action scenes, great choice of music, great narration, clean sound...it's all good. 8/10

Escaflowne: The Movie intro (Duke) - OMG! Someone actually used the sounds of TOM pushing the buttons. Shocked Anyway, this intro had it going. The music choice was perfect and the scenes were cool. My only beef was that the dialogue was spaced out a bit too much, but other than that, it was fine by me. 8/10

Hunter X Hunter promo (Fernie 417) - It was...different and unique. It's not energetic like most other Toonami promos. Instead, it was calm. It had potential. The music was nice, there was a nice choice for the narrator, but there was a flaw: It was TOO calm. It's like giving the Toonami fandom a really big sleeping pill. Must...have...energy... 6.5/10

Mario Meets Koopzilla promo (Ironhawk) - Bad choice of music (it's too dark for a happy kids show) and dull scenes (Mario and King Koopa throwing each other around over and over... Yeah. Rolling Eyes). Pretty boring. At least he deserves props for making his voice try to sound like TOM. Wink 4/10

Kiddy Grade promo (Kaiser) - It's cool, but WHERE'S THE EFFORT? It's just the FUNimation-produced trailer for the series, except sped up and shortened. A LOT. And then he put in different music and minimal narration. Talk about being cheap. -_- He loses lots of points for that. 5.5/10

Angelic Layer intro (Karl Olson) - NOOOOOOOOO! Why, Karl? Why did you have to use a series with one of the most irritating voice acting jobs ever? X_X Anyway, despite the brain tumor you have now just given me, it has what is necessary for a Toonami intro: random audio and video clips, a good choice of music, and a nice title screen. 8/10

Spider-Man: The Animated Series intro (Kippy) – Shocked Holy crap! That is just amazing. I mean…wow! I can watch this over and over again. This should’ve been with the Honorable Mentions because it’s that damn good. 10/10

Escaflowne promo (KT Kore) – Nice choice of scenes and good music gave the promo potential, but there was one problem: The audio. There was too much narration and the dialogue from the series and the music were too silent and drowned out. Other than that, the rest of the promo was good. 8/10

Dragonball Z season 6.5 promo (Louis Senkowsky) – It’s your typical stuff you’d see in a DBZ promo, with a bit of a humorous twist to it. (“Yeah! I did it!” Laughing) Very nice. 8/10

Real Bout High School promo (Matt Hawkins) – Lots of fun scenes and very fitting music to go with it, but it seemed out of order. A girl pulling out her sword didn’t seem like the right way to begin it. The scene started too late and it looked more like something for the middle of the promo. Also, some narration was seriously in need, as well as a title card. It just felt like a bunch of random stuff with no explanation. It’s fun to watch, though. 8/10

Heroes on Hot Wheels promo (Nightowl) –There’s a cheesy, but funny, catchphrase at the end: “The Hot Wheels Heroes, they stomp out crime. The Hot Wheels Heroes cross the finish line!” Fun stuff. Laughing Unfortunately, that’s the only entertaining thing about this promo. Everything else was just wrong. The scenes weren’t very interesting, but I can’t hold that against the promo. Yeah, it’s mostly just cars racing, but it’s a Hot Wheels series, so what’s to expect? But it’s still dullifying, though (if that is a real word), and the sound is very disoriented. The narration and audio from the show are silent, but the music is VERY FUCKING LOUD. Lord, have mercy on my eardrums. >_< 4/10

Dragonball Z season 6 promo (Zach Nathanson) – Like the other DBZ promo, this one is the typical kind of promo, except this one is on the more serious side. It’s very general, but it gets the point across. 8/10

Rurouni Kenshin intro (Zach Nathanson) – Shocked Now this is quite unique! If this show ever came back to Toonami, this would make a great intro for its return. The music leading up to its climax alongside the scenes preparing for the duel gives it a very cool dramatic effect. 10/10

Army of Darkness intro (Zelahn) – “Groovy!” “Groovy!” “Groovy!” Nice humorous touch with the Reboot scenes there. Laughing Good action scenes and fitting music. The narration is a little too quiet, though, but other than that, the intro works. 9/10

Last edited by Daikun on Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostMon Feb 02, 2004 12:48 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Gatekeepers promo... My only problem, though, is the quote at the end. "Open the gate."? It just sounds...cheesy.

It's just as cheesy in the original theme song. Razz
PostMon Feb 02, 2004 9:31 pm
Discloner

Post subject:
I think, given a chance to do this whole contest again...I may have approached it as an intro, rather then a promo.

AND, had I decided on a promo...I would have made sure to make it 2 minutes long, rather then the 2:40 something it is now.

Although the people who won obviously did an excellent job. I didn't really care for Dukes myself...(heh, nothing against Duke) but I just thought there were better more deserving promos better then his, and better then mine.

This was fun! Congrats to the winners and even the losers, all the videos were for the most part, very well done. Cool
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 12:30 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Welcome to the forums, Cody! Very Happy
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 12:36 am
Discloner

Post subject:
Heh, I've lurked for a while...I believe I've posted once or twice before....

...but yeah. Thanks! Very Happy
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 1:55 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Discloner wrote:
I believe I've posted once or twice before....

Your profile said that was your first post.

Quote:
...but yeah. Thanks! Very Happy

You're welcome. Smile
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 1:59 am
Discloner

Post subject:
Huh. I thought I had...Oh well. Laughing
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 2:12 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
You see, if you don't post, you don't exist. Wink

That's the way it works around here. *blatant lie*
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 2:22 am
Discloner

Post subject:
I feel more complete now that I actually exsist. Laughing
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 6:24 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
See, before you just thought you existed, and because of "I think, therefore I am," you got kind of confused. Happens to me all the time.

Anyhoo, welcome.
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 8:09 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: