нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - HOLY S***! Big annoucments at AX 2K3!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
HOLY S***! Big annoucments at AX 2K3!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject: HOLY S***! Big annoucments at AX 2K3!
Big things are strring up at AX 2K3. These are from Anime on DVD!

Quote:
First AX Announcements... Sort Of (03:42 PM EST): We've got a lot of our folks on the scene at Anime Expo which just kicked off not all that long ago. And Mariela has already checked in, having spent some time at the Bandai Booth. What's going on at the Bandai Booth you ask? Why, how about a series of trailers of unannounced shows?

Wolf's Rain
.hack//Legend of Twilight's Bracelet
Stratos 4
Magical Nyan Nyan Taruto

Bandai Panel

The Bandai panel was headed by Jerry Chu of marketing at Bandai Entertainment and Ken Iyadomi, the CEO and President of Bandai Entertainment.

They first reshowed the trailer from the Bandai Entertainment booth that we reported on yesterday. Then they rehashed what they have on TV.

They confirmed 2 additional episodes of .hack//SIGN will be on the last volume making the series 28 episode. The last volume will probably be a 2 DVD set. Zeta was confirmed that the complete boxset will appear months before the individual

There will be a Cowboy Bebop PS2 game that is currently in development.

Wolf’s Rain will be dubbed by the same studio as Cowboy Bebop.

.hack//DUST is currently just a working title, it may change.

Banner of the Stars has also been confirmed for showing on TechTV.

The video gaming side of Bandai, will release a box with the last .hack game, which is QUARANTINE, to hold all four games.

Ok, and Ken did confirm that Wolf’s Rain will be 30 episodes long.

Also, they said they can’t put Clamp School out since they don’t have the DVD rights.

Quote:
ADV Panel

Heading the panel was David Williams, Matt Greenfield, and John Ledford.

First we had the ceremonial listing of the titles that ADV has. Yeeeeeeeeeah.

Then they showed the list of titles they have announced since Anime Boston.

Next up was the list of announcements. First up was Kino no Tabi (how surprising). They then showed a trailer for Slayers Premium confirming what is means when you have ALL of something. For the third showing, we get Gravion. Mahou Yuugi was fourth. Gravion was confirmed as being the home video version.

They then announced a few shows without video. They have an old show named Birth, then mentioned something named Bast of Lemon and Mani Mani. (Neo-Tokyo was the name Streamline used) They confirmed the Azumanga Movie, then DNANGEL.

Next, David used his powers to get Matt to also announced the RahXephon Movie and and Nurse Witch Komugi-chan.

After this, they showed a few trailers. First up was Angelic Layer, then Zaion. The first episode of Angelic Layer will be on the DVD in the September issue of NewType.

After this, they moved to talk about the Anime Network, by showing their commercial from it and announced like 15 cities it would be appearing in soon.

Southern Cross was shown with remastered and original video side by side. The difference was huge. They also showed the covers for Steel Angel Kurumi 2. If you’ve seen the Cosplay Complex R2 DVDs, you’ll know exactly what I mean here. They have removable clothing, and you can put different outfits on them, or leave them in their underwear.

Next up, ADV announced their new publishing division. The manga titles include:
Demon Palace Babylon
Cat Girl Nuku Nuku
Cat Shit One
Dark Side Blues
Full Metal Panic
Kimera
Those Who Hunt Elves
Seven of Seven
Demon City Shinjuku
Steel Angel Kurumi
Azumanga Daoih
Demon City Hunter
Raxhxephon Bible
Najica
Gunslinger Girl
To Heart
Figure 17
Happy Lesson

They will be unflipped and $9.99. More details will be covered tomorrow.

An ADV toy division was also announced. It’ll have things like wallscrolls and posters.

Tomorrow, we’ll also hear about ADV Pro, their production division.

They also showed some ADV soap, which is great since when you use the soap you uncover a toy in the middle.

Quote:
.hack Panel

During the .hack panel, several different topics were covered. Yuki Kajiura is currently working on the music for a PS2 game.

.hack//DUST was officially announced at the panel. Bandai has tentative plans to release the .hack OSTs separately. OST1 will be released in October according to sell sheets they are giving out that their booth.

Ep 27 hand 28 have both been license, and it was confirmed that ep 28 (Another Story) will be on volume six of the .hack//SIGN R1 release.

The .hack//Enemy CCG by Decipher will be released in October 2003. Starters will retail for $10-12 and boosters for $3-3.30.

In Bandai Japan, there are currently no plans beyond .hack//DUST beside the .hack//DUST manga.

When asked about the .hack prequel novel, .hack//Ai Buster, Bandai Entertainment deferred saying that they were primarily an anime company. (The fact that a partner could be found to release it – ala Tokyopop’s release of the .hack manga – was not brought up.)

The explanation for the lack of the parody mode track on the US release of the .hack games was that not only was the room for the English dub – but that no one would understand the humor.

Plans are in the work to attempt a similar promotion in the US as was done in Japan for the strange bonus .hack//GIFT.

Information on this panel was contributed by Jason Yeh and Christopher Yu

Quote:

John Sirabella presided over the Media Blaster panel. He mentioned that Kenshin is doing very well, and sales have gone up due to it showing on Cartoon Network. This will the year of Kyo and 12 Kingdoms though.

12 Kingdoms will be a really intense release. There will be quite a bit of liner notes included just like Kenshin, plus printed material. Each arc will be set so that they end it on a DVD.

Leo will have a theatrical art house release in bigger cities.

They are still hoping to get more Weiss Kreuz which is split across three different companies. They will be releasing My Sexual Harassment (Boku wa Sexual Harassment), which is yaoi. The reissuing of Iria with a new box and they are gathering extras. They are aiming at a premium box release with a target of November. 7 of 7 will come out also.

The big announcement of course was Gunparade March, which they will be releasing with a company called D-Rights, which is how they also got Iria. It will be released on 3 DVDs with 4 episodes each. There are tentative plans to release Gunparade March with toy figures.

The first Kenshin boxset will be released towards the end of the year, one for each arc. They will be premium boxsets.

Tales of Eternia is going through some problems in gathering materials and additional rights issue.

Quote:
TOKYOPOP
The Tokyopop panel was headed by Jake Forbes, Mark Bonita, Jonathan Chen. First Tokyopop presented four of the winners of the Rising of Stars of manga contest.

Tokyopop will be starting an “Exclusive Manga” line based on work of Americans. This are already on the Tokyopop website. Shutterbox from Riki Simons and Tavisha of Studio Tavicat. @Large by Ahmed Hoke and World of Hartz by Terrence Walker. They also showed an animated project made by Terrence Walker that is similar to Voices of a Distant Star as one person is creating it using a computer. Tokyopop will be releasing it.

They started with Initial D coming out in September 16 and pushed the Inital D Trading Card game that is coming out. Rave Master was featured next and will be debuting in 2004 on Toonami. They also showed a trailer for it.

Now we have Vintage Manga coming out, and Cyborg 009 will be the first title as part of this line, the classic 1968 manga.

Tokyopop then acknowledged animeondvd.com for figuring out so many of the titles they planned to announce. Mahoromatic:Automatic Maiden was mentioned first. B’tX by Masami Kurumada, the creator of Saint Seiya was announced next. Get Backers, Pitaten, Psychic Academy, A.I. I Love You, and Fruits Basket (Feb 2004). They also showed a picture of the main girl from Ai Yori Aoshi, but did not actually announce it.

They are still working on trying to get Marmalade Boy out for either 2004 or 2005.

There will be new CLAMP next year.

No plans currently for Kodocha Bangaihen, an extra volume that tells the movie that Sana-can starred in.

No information on the next volume of Mars.

Quote:
Gundam Panel

The following people presided over the panel. Spellings will be rechecked later.

Jerry Chu

Ken Iyadomi – Executive President of Bandai Entertainment

Naru Ichida – producer of Gundam video games

Nobue Matsuda – Sunrise

Rick Zeeth – ADR directror for SD Gundam

Roy Brewer – producer for Bandai PS games

Sandra Leo – assistant marketing manager at Bandai toy division

Zeta Gundam will be released on DVD in 2004 as a complete boxset. After a while, it will come out as singles, but if you’re a fan you probably want to take that path first.

Gundam F91 will have a limited theatrical release in conjunction with DVD release in 2004.

SD Gundam will be broadcast on Toonami this year. The series is a departure from Gundam. In addition to copious amounts of action, there is comedy and levity to it. Up to episode 5 has been completed. We then saw episode 5. It stars a kid named Shoot, who has roller blades and leave in Neo-Polis or Neo Tokyo. SD Gundams are about the size of people, and are their companion and server as the army. The Dark Axis powers come from another dimension to attack. It is computer animated using cel shaded animation. It didn’t look all the impressive. Episode five’s title is “Gundam Force, Team Up.” This series is squarely aimed at kids. Shoot joins up with the SDG, the Superiorior Defender Gundam Forces, which of course is lead by a Haro. It is being recorded in Todd/AO studios in Burbank. The Japanese recording has not begun yet, and the DVD release in the US will not feature the Japanese dub.

On the toyline, we saw the 5” figures for SD, ½ inch collector figures, and they will be quick snap models. Zeta Gundam will have figures and models, and we will see a line of Perfect Grade models.

Video games wise, a SD Gundam game will be made based on the new Superior Defender TV show. Gundam Encounter in Space, the sequel to Journey to Jaburo.

Gundamofficial.com will be relaunched this weekend.. Mark Simmons, from defunct gundamproject.com will be working on it. G Gundam first, then UC.

More info as it comes.
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostFri Jul 04, 2003 9:02 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Mahou Yugi to ADV? That was unexpected. As was the extensive list of manga they're planning to roll out.
PostFri Jul 04, 2003 9:15 pm
Shinobo

Frequenter

Post subject:
Well, our little cult of otakudom is growing!
PostSat Jul 05, 2003 2:34 pm
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Shit, I would have thought that Wolf's Rain coming to america would have stole the show... Anywhey, here's some more.

Quote:
CPM Panel
John O’Donnell and Justin Sevakis ran this panel.

First in the PowerPoint presentation – an overview of releases for the rest of the year – some with new details.

{A collectors set of all the Alien 9 manga and the DVD of the anime will be released in a box this October}

The final three episodes of Utena (37-39) will feature a commentary track by both director Kunihiko Ikuhara and mangaka Chiho Saito.

The special Liquid Art cover for the upcoming release of Cat Soup was talked about, but purposely not shown – they want it to be a surprise. They do say that anyone who has held it can’t stop playing with it.

{Peacock King – now known as Spirit Warrior, will feature commentary by Rintaro, with the second volume finally scheduled for December.}

The third and fourth volumes of Legend of the Dragon Kings are due in October and December, sub only at $19.99 price point.

In the manga area, Popcorn Romance, a new title from Tomoko Taniguchi is scheduled for October. Later this year several earlier CPM manga titles are getting re-released in pocket size with a new $9.99 price point. Included are Call Me Princess and Aquarium, Dark Angel and Nadesico. Lady of Pharis will be released once more (not pocket sized) now with the 80 new pages from the newer Japanese printing. Its interesting to note that this manga is originally published left to right in Japan, and hence will remain that way here.

From their hentai Anime 18 line, it was announced the new Urotsukidoji will feature 5.1 sound. This will make it the first hentai to do so.

The end of the presentation was the one new licensing announcement, which we were told had just been finalized the night before, Narue no Sekai (The World of Narue).

PostSat Jul 05, 2003 3:20 pm
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Dammit!

Quote:
Today at 2:00 p.m. Pacific, in conjunction with a panel at Anime Expo 2003, FUNimation Productions, Ltd. announced that it has acquired the rights to mega-hit series from Japan, Detective Conan.

Detective Conan is the story about a detective named Shinichi Kudo. He is still in high school but he is a crime-solving genius. Shinichi's dream of becoming the best detective in the world takes a step in the wrong direction when a pair of villains unwittingly transform the teen back to his childhood size. Not wanting his best friend, Ran, to know the truth, Shinichi adopts the persona of Detective Conan, a pint-sized detective who must find a way to solve crimes the police can't seem to figure out all the while searching for clues to the men that put him in this form!

FUNimation has also acquired the rights to the first two Detective Conan movies "The Time Bombed Skyscraper" and "The Fourteenth Target." Home video release dates are tentatively scheduled for late Spring 2004.

Detective Conan is one of the highest rated series in Japan, its demographics span from eight to 40 and it is still airing in Japan. FUNimation has big plans for this pint-sized detective and we are very excited to get things going! More information to come as things develop.

PostSat Jul 05, 2003 5:36 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Green-Bird wrote:
Shit, I would have thought that Wolf's Rain coming to america would have stole the show...

Naah, that was only a question of _when_ it would show up.

So, this year FUNi has so far acquired: Kiddy Grade, Detective Conan, and depending on whether you classify it a "new" acquisition or not, Tenchi GXP. The guys at Ft. Worth are going to be busy. I'm actually impressed.
PostSat Jul 05, 2003 7:13 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'd rather import the .hack// OSTs from Japan, they have prettier artwork...but anything from Kajira Yuki is fine...

A Cowboy bebop game?...Let me guess, you go around shooting stuff in your space ship?

-_-V most of these developements are fine, ESPECIALLY the news that Wolf's Rain will go to the Bebop studio! But since I'm, not in America none of this except perhaps the manga will affect me...
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostSun Jul 06, 2003 4:12 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
So ADV got D.N.Angel. Guess I'll have to wait to finish up the series. Atleast I know the series is in good hands.
Tokyopop got the Mahoromatic manga thats good. As Get Backers do they mean the series or Manga? I only know Tokyopop to do manga but that can always change.
Quote:
They also showed a picture of the main girl from Ai Yori Aoshi, but did not actually announce it.

Aoi-Chan!!!
PostMon Jul 07, 2003 4:45 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: