нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Moments in Anime
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Moments in Anime
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
JohnnyPsycho wrote:
FLCL: Naota's dad, Kamon, dresses up like Lupin and tries (unsucessfully, of course) to seduce Haruko, and slapstick hilarity ensues (ie: "punch glove from between the legs" gag)

Oh, you meant this moment.

Yes, though you forgot the nifty monochromatic effect at the end, which truly harkens back to Lupin III

Oh, and I thought of a couple more unforgettable scenes from anime (and I haven't checked back to see if any of these have been said before or not, so if I do repeat some, too bad)...

And yes, THERE ARE SPOILERS BELOW!!, so don't yell at me for ruining things for you...

Dragonball Z
*Gohan's first Super Saiyan transformation
*Gohan's first Super Saiyan 2 transformation

Dragon Ball
*Goku's first transformation into the giant monkey form
*Goku's discovery that Bulma didn't "have one" (not seen in the U.S. version)
*Goku's arrival at the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai, his first appearance as an adult! Oh the shock!
*basically any time that Goku eats, and surprises everyone around him with his gluttony

Witch Hunter Robin
*first time Robin uses her "craft" in the first episode
*during the attack on STN-J's headquarters when Amon makes Robin run off while he stays behind

Naruto
*Naruto combining his Henge (Transformation) technique with the Kage Bushin (Shadow Clone) technique to create a new technique he dubs "Harem"... Wink
*during Naruto and Co.'s first real major fight against Zabuza, when Naruto uses almost three techniques at one time: his Kage Bunshin (Shadow Replication) technique, his Henge (Transformation) technique, and Sasuke's Shadow Shuriken Technique all at once for a very ingenious trick
*at the end of the same fight, when Kakashi-sensei uses his Sharingan Eye technique for the first time, copying all of Zabuza's moves

((Note that I haven't seen all of this series yet, but I have very high hopes for more memorable scenes to come))

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostSat Nov 22, 2003 5:05 am
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
I don't know if these two would count, but:

Optimus Prime's death scene (Transformers: The Movie)

Unicron transforming (Same)

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostSat Nov 22, 2003 2:13 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
why the shit wouldn't they?
PostSat Nov 22, 2003 3:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
Well, the movie aired in the states first, so to some people the movie wouldn't count as anime.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostSat Nov 22, 2003 4:19 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I repeat why the fuck not. Whenever I read the word anime on this board I replace it with animation and then I'm good to go! Feel free to explore the moments outside of "anime".
PostSat Nov 22, 2003 4:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually the first half of Transformers The Movie is good old school anime. And I not only think the Prime death scene fits. But even the transformation from Megatron to Galvatron. The movie has some truly memorable animation. And some truly bad animation and story line in places. Actually the death in that movie that has always stuck with me is Starscream blowing Ironhides head off. It, more then primes death, is what makes me re-watch it over and over.

Somehow i had missed this thread. I will have to go back into the back of my brain and dig up which scenes stand out.

CB: Edward walking off at the end of episode 25 I believe

Fist of the North Star - the first power up with the blue power going around him. Sure in this time of DBZ it means nothing. But for such an old school anime. It really looked nice and you knew exacltly what was happening. In the same breath Roshi's first Kamahama mimicking it to the frame has stuck in my head. Not many people talk about this anime but it was the grand-daddy of a lot of them.

Akira - 1 on 1 vs the tank. I will never forget how the round just hung in the air. Robotech may have gotten me started on japanes animation but it was Akira that showed me what anime was. I own two copies of it
PostSat Nov 22, 2003 5:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
crinoalvien124

Post subject: hmmm
well i guess its a toss up between 3 or 4

-cowboy bebop- i think its session #12 when the guys mistake spike for vicoius and spike flips out.

-evangelion- when shinji ayanami and asuka hafta catch that falling angel and shinji gets there first..i thought that was hardcore

when shinji hasta shoot the pyramidish angel and ayanami blocks the shot and gets melted and shinji burns his hands to get her out...

or when shinji gets stuck in that angel and then breaks his way out and its so freakin bloody...amen amen amen Cool
PostTue Nov 25, 2003 1:39 pm
shikonneko

Post subject:
Silly, but true:

Sailormoon Ep 170 or 171 (I forget which exactly): Chibiusa's vanishing! I laughed! I cried! It was actually quite heartbreaking to see it happen... but comeon... Chibiusa...

Tenchi Forever (A movie, I think that's the name): The part where Ryoko and Ayeka are frantically trying to rescue Tenchi. They had some really good lines, but it was devistating to watch at the same time. It seemed so helpless.

I dunno, maybe I'm just really wierd.
PostTue Nov 25, 2003 11:50 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Yeah, Tenchi Forever is a good movie.

EDIT: Hehe, first I wrote thats a good movie and replaced thats with Tenchi Forever and the sentence had no verb.
PostSat Dec 06, 2003 9:29 pm

Post subject:
Some new add-ons for me...

Okay this one really isnt anime or animation, but the ending scene in Metal Gear Solid where the ninja helps Snake and tells him why he is there. Gets me everytime.

Yu Yu Hakusho - when Yuske absorbs his spirit orb and rescues Puu

Kenshin - the part where kenshin learns the Ama kakeru ryu no hirameki, by thinking about what he has to live for and almost killing his master

Thats all I got for now....ehh....brain hurts, must get sleep....
PostWed Dec 10, 2003 10:34 pm
Zer0

Post subject:
the guest post above is mine......no log in....too tired.....
PostWed Dec 10, 2003 10:37 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
The ending sequence of Escaflowne, ep 26, I just keep watching it over and over again, every time i feel like I want to cry, I don't know what's wrong with me. Especially the music. I love Yoko Kanno. Why does Hitomi ahve to go home whY?!! GOD WHY?!

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostFri Dec 12, 2003 1:39 am
Collegebum

Post subject:
Man, I almost forgot I made this thread.

BUt I think we can all agree that the ending to CB was amazing. Its been repeated several times.
PostSun Dec 28, 2003 11:21 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
The series finale of Carebears made me cry, it still does. WHY LIONHEART?! WHY?!!!
PostMon Dec 29, 2003 3:40 am
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
WTF!!?

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostMon Dec 29, 2003 4:17 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: