нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - The "Anime Boston" News thread
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
The "Anime Boston" News thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: The "Anime Boston" News thread
The first big con of the year is open, and some news bits are trickling in:

ADV at Anime Boston!
In a recent press release, ADV announced that at Anime Boston, they plan to announce the acquisition for Anime Network broadcast and home-video distribution of Princess Tutu and RahXephon: The Motion Picture!

In addition, plans were announced to release Excel Saga IMPerfect Collection, a box set collecting the entire Excel Saga TV series, and two DVD premieres from ADV Films' popular catalog titles: Sonic Soldier Borgman and My Dear Marie.

In other news, Media Blasters let slip at their panel that they're working on completing negotiations to release, "a giant robot show" that features a girl "whose name goes well with tonic", with remastered video. Very Happy Wink

Also announced at Media Blasters' panel: they have licensed the manga series Kamunagara.

Synch Point announced that they have licensed the original Digi Charat TV series.

(news bits from Right Stuf, ANN and AoD's news pages)
PostFri Apr 09, 2004 11:24 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: The "Anime Boston" News thread
Nobuyuki wrote:

In other news, Media Blasters let slip at their panel that they're working on completing negotiations to release, "a giant robot show" that features a girl "whose name goes well with tonic", with remastered video. Very Happy Wink

Hmm....I"m guessing it's Giant Robo(character's name is Ginrei). But as far as I knew Manga already owned that.
PostSat Apr 10, 2004 12:30 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Zechs wrote:
Hmm....I"m guessing it's Giant Robo(character's name is Ginrei). But as far as I knew Manga already owned that.

Last report from Manga at last year's Katsucon was they were having licensing issues... Wink

Bandai panel report available at ANN:
Highlights include the licensing and release of Please Twins (Onegai Twins) and Di Gi Charat Nyo, a Zeta Gundam theatrical Question release, and the continued plans to have both Wolf's Rain and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex broadcast on Cartoon Network this year.

AoD's front page has Geneon news:

Geneon and Sailor Moon: The licenses are not renewable. The rights to the movie will expire at the end of the year, and it will not be possible for them to be renewed.

The Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi CD coming out in July will have a drama track on it and a translation will be available in the website. For the Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi DVD release, a capsule figure will come with the box, and with each subsequent DVD volume. Memories OST will be released as a double CD set, and a remastered Akira soundtrack will also come out in August.

Licensing news: Dokkoider will be coming out in August. Stellvia will be coming in September. And Satoshi Kon's new TV series Paranoia Agent will be coming out in October.

New CD titles for September include: Eva: Day of Second Impact; ROD TV OST1; FLCL OST2 with the drama track.

:added later:
FUNimation's licensing announcement: Kodomo no Omocha
PostSat Apr 10, 2004 4:21 pm
Sketch

Post subject:
Why wont Toei let anyone have Sailor Moon? It's so frustraiting...
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 1:14 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
The Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi CD coming out in July will have a drama track on it and a translation will be available in the website. For the Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi DVD release, a capsule figure will come with the box, and with each subsequent DVD volume. Memories OST will be released as a double CD set, and a remastered Akira soundtrack will also come out in August.

Wow, thats nice. I've always wanted to listen to a drama CD. perhaps if this does well others will follow. I read ADV's Panel Report over at ANN and All I have to say is I want my BGC Tokyo 2041 Sad.Heh the Excel Saga IMPerfect Collection that nice.
And looking at the Bandai report also says a Bebop game will be shown at E3 and also "that there would most likely be a game coming out for a TV series that is highly anticipated" If I were to guess I would say Gundam SEED(There is a game in Japan, since it seems to highly anticipated but I could be wrong, I would have said Rahxephon(sp?) but that is already on TV... Also
Quote:
a Zeta Gundam theatrical Question release,

Nobu big typo/Mistake there It's Mobile Suit Gundam F91has a theatrical release planned And Zeta Release was the pending preparation of extras
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 3:15 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Chibi_Zero wrote:
Quote:
a Zeta Gundam theatrical Question release,

Nobu big typo/Mistake there It's Mobile Suit Gundam F91has a theatrical release planned And Zeta Release was the pending preparation of extras

That's what I thought. I was quoting verbatim from the report posted, so my original source made the mistake. Thanks for the correction/clarification.

Sketch wrote:
Why wont Toei let anyone have Sailor Moon? It's so frustraiting...

I like the idea put forward at the TZ Anime forum that Toei's letting all the old licenses expire to consolidate the property, and then either relicense the entire thing to one distributor, or distribute it themselves.
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 6:30 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Zechs wrote:
Nobuyuki wrote:

Today's news- Media Blasters Confirms New Licenses: There was some hinting at Anime Boston regarding a new title but nobody wanted to make the leap to the title without it being official, but today John Sirabella of Media Blasters confirmed in the AoD forum a few new licenses as well as indicating more are coming after a recent 'shopping spree' in Japan. The newly confirmed licenses are:

Giant Robo
Ginrei Specials
Gokusen

He also re-confirmed the acquisition of Here is Greenwood and its August release date for $24.95. (that's different than listed in the "Releases" thread- N.)
PostMon Apr 19, 2004 11:37 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
Woo, Gundam F91 is finally going to be available somewhere? I've wanted to see that one for a very long time. I guess I'll stop my fruitless search for a fansub.
PostTue Apr 20, 2004 10:54 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: