нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Needed: Beta Testers
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Needed: Beta Testers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zogg

Code Monkey of Sweetness

Post subject: Needed: Beta Testers
I needed a break from a rough week tonight and decided to relax by playing with new versions of PHPNuke/PHPbb. (Yeah, I'm weird like that.)

Anyway, due to the fact that PHPbb is so poorly integrated with PHPNuke on the main infolink, I'm hoping that the latest and greatest stuff will MAGICALLY SOLVE ALL PROBLEMS. (I doubt it.) So, if you know of a weird bug (can't change passwords, can't update things, etc etc) in the current version, head over to http://beta.toonamiinfolink.com/, try it there, and report back here.

Please note...
Note #1: the beta is using a database dump from the main infolink, but changes made there won't affect here.
Note #2: Don't use the beta for anything useful since anything you do there now will be purged if we upgrade to it.
Note #3: I know about all the horrible graphic/style glitches due to me not being talented like Tyler and therefore not making things pretty.
Note #4: That link may not work for you yet depending on your ISP. If it doesn't work, try again tomorrow. (Some nameserver changes need to propogate.)
Note #5: Tyler doesn't know I'm doing this. hehe. SURPRISE!
[/url]
PostSat Oct 25, 2003 1:33 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
just did a quick run with the beta site and i was successful in changing my password, which is something i've never been able to do on this board (whenever i log out, i always have to go through the "lost password" option, which lets me sign in, but claims to be the incorrect password when used in the 'profile' screen)...

i'm gonna poke around and compare to see if the "missing pages" bug is any different between the boards...

[added about twenty minutes later]

two examples for you:

"Word Association II" (Worthless Drivel, bottom of page 1)
Regular (page 20 of 19)
Beta (page 20 of 20)

"Word Association" (locked: Worthless Drivel, middle of page 2)
Regular (page 153 of 152)
Beta (page 153 of 153)

looks like you may be onto something zogg...
PostSat Oct 25, 2003 11:03 am
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
I think we should give Zogg more rough weeks. :p
PostSat Oct 25, 2003 12:24 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
but the thing is, is the bug still causeable..
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSat Oct 25, 2003 1:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
dougisfunny wrote:
but the thing is, is the bug still causeable..

i was gonna ask if it was alright to create a topic on the beta board and just add replies to it to see if the pages turn over correctly, but the beta link isn't even working for me right now anyway...
PostSat Oct 25, 2003 3:57 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Don't know that you could test it that way. The problem only occurs in random threads, and only after page 5 or so. It'd be difficult to rule out entirely.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Oct 25, 2003 5:09 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
exactly, you have to ask if just creating that board from and info dump of this one worked like one of those tricks i use to "fix" threads, or if it actually fixed the exception
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSat Oct 25, 2003 6:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zogg

Code Monkey of Sweetness

Post subject:
Well, if it's any help in answering that question both version read the same raw data more or less. (I didn't need to change things around much for the new version to read in the old stuff.)

What was your "fix" trick?

dougisfunny wrote:
exactly, you have to ask if just creating that board from and info dump of this one worked like one of those tricks i use to "fix" threads, or if it actually fixed the exception
PostSun Oct 26, 2003 1:00 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
If a topic said that you were on page 21 of 20 after making a new post (thus indicating that there were extra posts that could not be seen by everyone (since they are on a non-existent page that does not become existent until there are enough posts to force toe board to, I guess, re-evaluate the thread)), then what we would do is posta worthless post, split that post into another topic, then delete the topic with that one post. It forced the board to re-evaluate the amount of pages there should be. However, usually, 2 pages later, the problem would return. But this problem has only happened in Toonami Discussion and Worthless Dribble.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Oct 26, 2003 9:59 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've actually seen it most every forum, including site discussion
PostSun Oct 26, 2003 12:06 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: